Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

BL no squatch for me. Keeping the 33" KO2's. My internal debate is between the standard wheels and the optional wheels. (if I can get the optional wheels with the standard KO2's - B&P seems to think I can, but others say only deadlock capable wheels on the optional Goodyear tires)
This is my plan, stock BL. Can always look at other tires after these wear out.
Sponsored

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It's .5" wider but what's the offset? Many OEM rims have a positive offset. The stock Xterra rims were +30mm. The standard Bronco rims appear to hold to that trend. That's an assumption entirely from looking at picture after picture of the rims. I don't believe offset has been discussed or released by Ford in any way.

The Wildtrak (With Sasquatch included) works out to 3" (1.5" per side) wider than the Badlands. The 35s account for 1.2" (.6" per side) of that. So the other 1.8" (.9" per side or 23mm) should be accounted for by a difference in wheel offset.

The only reason that makes sense to even do this is if the 35" tires would make contact on the frame or something else if they were mounted on the stock wheels. The question I have is, do the upgraded "beadlock capable" Badlands rims share the same offset.

I don't really expect anybody to have the answer. I'm really hoping once the order guides make it to dealers there's more information available, but I don't have high hopes.

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Bronco, 2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I know. I just don’t want to run the 33s and 4.70s together. It seems easier and more cost effective to me to just do a small lift later, if I need it than re-fear and add wheels/tires.
Just out of curiosity, why don't you want to run 33s and 4.70 gearing? I'm trying to decide if I want to go with the 4.46 or 4.70 on BL with KO2 33s. I might upgrade to 34s somewhere down the road but don't know which gearing to choose. Will 4.46 be good for 34s?

EDIT: Just noticed someone else already asked you the same question

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Most likely not since they are the same 17x8 size and standard badlands not 8.5’s, and we’ve never seen them with wider Sasquatch flares (which they would need if they had the same backspacing as Squatch).
Yeah, I suppose it would be too good to be true.

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you are going the upgraded wheels and 33" MT on the Badlands, and already have the 2.7L engine, the upgrade to full squatch is only $800 more. Just sayin'

That $800 get's the extra lift, the 35" GY MT and the beadlock capable wheels.

Sponsored

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Most likely not since they are the same 17x8 size and standard badlands not 8.5’s, and we’ve never seen them with wider Sasquatch flares (which they would need if they had the same backspacing as Squatch).

This is a NON Sasquatched Badlands with 35's.

Looks like they added the wider Flares as well. Don't know if these are 17x8 or 17x8.5?

Overland6IMG_0942-scaled.jpg

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is a NON Sasquatched Badlands with 35's.

Looks like they added the wider Flares as well. Don't know if these are 17x8 or 17x8.5?

Ford Bronco Badlands Squatch Debate maxresdefault

Ford Bronco Badlands Squatch Debate maxresdefault
Those were aftermarket rims. I don't remember the brand, but the lugs look pretty deep comparative to the stock rims. I wouldn't be surprised if they were 0 offset. It's the most common configuration for aftermarket rims.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last edited:

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
PERFECT!!

Though I disagree with their assessment. I think they look to be about the same as the Sasquatch rims/tires.

That and the likelihood that the Badlands rims don't have that offset means I'm probably stuck going aftermarket rims to put 35s on. Unless the Sas package suddenly becomes regular availability for the MT, then it probably makes sense to Sas.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If you are going the upgraded wheels and 33" MT on the Badlands, and already have the 2.7L engine, the upgrade to full squatch is only $800 more. Just sayin'

That $800 get's the extra lift, the 35" GY MT and the beadlock capable wheels.
What extra lift besides the tire radius difference?

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Like a lot of you, I’ve been going back and forth on whether or not to Squatch my BL. This pic finally settled it for me. I’m going with the upgraded rims, but no Squatch.
Ford Bronco Badlands Squatch Debate Fifteen52 Wheels
based on B&P with my BL build the sas package is only 1,500 more. I like the look better so going to stick w/ sas for that small margin.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was with you right up until you mentioned that a 1" lift will solve your problems. It will definitely solve the 'look' problem of looking stuffed in the wheel well. How does the lift solve the articulation problem?
What articulation problem? Best that I’ve seen is the rumored 10mm reduction with Squatch because of added bump stops. If the 10mm is all it is, then I’m okay with that. If it is something else, I would be curious to know where that information is as I haven’t been able to locate it.
Sponsored