Sponsored

Badlands: To Squatch or Not to Squatch

Which has the better on-road ride quality?

• Sasquatched Badlands

• Non-SAS Badlands

Results are only viewable after voting.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I love the way my BadSquatch drives on-road, zero complaints. My wife is very particular about ride quality and has no trouble with it either.

What color is the sky on your planet?
Ok.

1200 for rtrs or similar. 1600 for grappler g2s. 2800 if you go all in, and all new. pull a set of takeoff ko2s here right now in the marketplace for 1000, so you are 2,200 in.
Sponsored

OP
OP
vrewald14

vrewald14

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Ford Excursion, 79 Ford Bronco, 04 Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you for the feedback everyone!

I really appreciate all the insight.

I hope folks with real world experience keep chiming in. I’m less interested in paper studies and more interested in what people have actually experienced with these rigs!

OP
OP
vrewald14

vrewald14

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love the way my BadSquatch drives on-road, zero complaints. My wife is very particular about ride quality and has no trouble with it either.

What color is the sky on your planet?
Can you compare the ride to an F-150 or pickup by chance?

Thats what we’re used to so that’s the language we speak haha

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your survey is missing key questions it needs four survey answers not two.

Automatic Transmission:
_x_. Squatch
___ non-Squatch

Manual Transmission:
___ Squatch
_X_ Non-Squatch

The Badmansquatch penalty + you get 4.7 gears with the 7MT regardless makes Squatching a BadMan pointless.

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a Badlands with Sasquatch..and it drives great. I think you're crazy not to Sasquatch it. The truck looks way better, has significantly better ground clearance, has taller Lower gears, a bit of extra lift. It's a no brainer for what it costs to add on.
Fixed it for you ;) (Higher #'s = lower gears)

UTultimate

Badlands
First Name
UltimateBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a Badlands with Sasquatch..and it drives great. I think you're crazy not to Sasquatch it. The truck looks way better, has significantly better ground clearance, has taller gears, a bit of extra lift. It's a no brainer for what it costs to add on.
Gearing is the same, at least with the manual.

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
F450, Jeep XJ, Porsche 911, 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just got my non-SAS Badlands last week. I love it. The only issue in not getting Sasquatch was the height and my wife being able to get in easily. If not for that, I would get Sasquatch. I also have a rock buggy, so my wheeling intended to be milder trails and exploring and the Badlands would be perfect, and a good daily driver.

Now I have it. took it on a trail with barely over 200 miles on it. My wife gets in just fine. I scrapped a wheel, scuffed the skid plates and rear control arm mounts, and scuffed the rear bumper. I just added wheels, and with the little bit of extra offset now I decided it needs a 1" leveling kit, which is ordered. Also with a bit more offset, I think it would look better with 35's, and I wouldn't mind the extra ground clearance. So, non-SAS Badlands, new wheels and leveling kit and 35's have been ordered.

Another reason I went with Badlands is the extra suspension travel. It's not much extra, but since there isn't all that much to begin with the extra is a good thing. So, I'll end up with wheels, 1" lift in front, and 35" Wildpeaks, but a bit more travel than a Sasquatch. I like the power of the 2.3L, I don't think the 4.46 rather than the 4.70 will be much of a deal...we have 10 speeds after all. I love Wildpeaks, have run them plenty, and really don't prefer the Territorys.

So, for you, Sasquatch or not. Can't tell you, but you're getting some good info here in this thread.

OP
OP
vrewald14

vrewald14

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your survey is missing key questions it needs four survey answers not two.

Automatic Transmission:
_x_. Squatch
___ non-Squatch

Manual Transmission:
___ Squatch
_X_ Non-Squatch

The Badmansquatch penalty + you get 4.7 gears with the 7MT regardless makes Squatching a BadMan pointless.
Haha I fully understand your gripe but automatic is a given for us. We already have a manual Camry.

Right now I just want to understand difference in ride quality, harshness/smoothness etc

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thats what we’re used to so that’s the language we speak haha
I have the Badlands Sasquatch To be fair I only had the 35s on it for a few hours then went 37s I have also road around on 38x13.5s and what I do know is it rides better than my 2019 F150 platinum 100% for sure.

Reasons I wanted Sasquatch, Wider flares I knew I was going to have more poke and wanted the flares to keep the tires looking tucked in. Gears yes its 5% but with 37 and 38s 5% matters, Lift I knew I could fit more tire and keep a great ride with just a leveling kit. If I didn't buy the Sasquatch package I would always wonder what if now I never have to wonder.

My builds are linked below with a ton of more info if Interested.

Sponsored
OP
OP
vrewald14

vrewald14

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just got my non-SAS Badlands last week. I love it. The only issue in not getting Sasquatch was the height and my wife being able to get in easily. If not for that, I would get Sasquatch. I also have a rock buggy, so my wheeling intended to be milder trails and exploring and the Badlands would be perfect, and a good daily driver.

Now I have it. took it on a trail with barely over 200 miles on it. My wife gets in just fine. I scrapped a wheel, scuffed the skid plates and rear control arm mounts, and scuffed the rear bumper. I just added wheels, and with the little bit of extra offset now I decided it needs a 1" leveling kit, which is ordered. Also with a bit more offset, I think it would look better with 35's, and I wouldn't mind the extra ground clearance. So, non-SAS Badlands, new wheels and leveling kit and 35's have been ordered.

Another reason I went with Badlands is the extra suspension travel. It's not much extra, but since there isn't all that much to begin with the extra is a good thing. So, I'll end up with wheels, 1" lift in front, and 35's, but a bit more travel than a Sasquatch. I like the power of the 2.3L, I don't think the 4.46 rather than the 4.70 will be much of a deal...we have 10 speeds after all.

So, for you, Sasquatch or not. Can't tell you, but you're getting some good info here in this thread.
Thanks so much for this! Part of the allure for me for going Squatch from the factory is the allure of it being “done” out of the box. I actually don’t intend to make a bunch of modifications. I have this for that 😉

Ford Bronco Badlands: To Squatch or Not to Squatch 14D3C582-795B-48B1-A15B-0C82302CBF55

Ford Bronco Badlands: To Squatch or Not to Squatch 17802105-522D-4BA9-B112-3B058E713C6C

This brings up a side question…

has anyone determined what component limits the Sasquatch travel compared to the non-SAS and determined if it can be swapped out?

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
F450, Jeep XJ, Porsche 911, 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks so much for this! Part of the allure for me for going Squatch from the factory is the allure of it being “done” out of the box. I actually don’t intend to make a bunch of modifications. I have this for that 😉

Ford Bronco Badlands: To Squatch or Not to Squatch 17802105-522D-4BA9-B112-3B058E713C6C

This brings up a side question…

has anyone determined what component limits the Sasquatch travel compared to the non-SAS and determined if it can be swapped out?

Yes, the shocks just have less travel. 33's allow more suspension travel than the 35's, even with the 1" lift of the Sasquatch. Posted somewhere, from over a year ago, are all of the shock lengths and travel of the various configurations. Badlands non-SAS has the most travel of any combination. I'm pretty sure it's been determined that 35's fit fine in the rear of a Badlands, and the front can use that 1" kit. Kind of the best of both worlds going non and then adding rims and tires. You're choice of rims, your choice of tires (not Territorys), and a 1" leveling kit is 60-80 bucks.

TenSeven

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My 2022 BadSquatch 4-Door is much better than the 2010 F150 Raptor it replaced. Easier to drive, park, and handle in every way. I was also surprised at the much better visibility out of the Bronco vs the F150.

Of course my Raptor was a 2010, the ancient model. I got a chance to take a '19 Raptor for a test drive and was blown away at how far superior the handling was compared to my '10. The 2019+ electric suspension is amazing, but they are still BIG HEAVY trucks. Obviously, the Bronco feels much more nimble in tighter spaces.

Most of the trails I took my Raptor on were Jeep-width and the F150 was just too wide for many of them. I do not anticipate having that issue with the Bronco.

OP
OP
vrewald14

vrewald14

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, the shocks just have less travel. 33's allow more suspension travel than the 35's, even with the 1" lift of the Sasquatch. Posted somewhere, from over a year ago, are all of the shock lengths and travel of the various configurations. Badlands non-SAS has the most travel of any combination. I'm pretty sure it's been determined that 35's fit fine in the rear of a Badlands, and the front can use that 1" kit. Kind of the best of both worlds going non and then adding rims and tires. You're choice of rims, your choice of tires (not Territorys), and a 1" leveling kit is 60-80 bucks.
Valuable info and good thoughts!