Sponsored

To Order, or to Pay $5000 extra and take her home this week? That is the question.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

If you order is the dealer going to honor MSRP or tack on ADM like the one they have in stock. Either way I'd wait and order what you want or do a wider search and see if someone else has it in stock since it seems you're pretty much ok for paying the extra $5k.
Sponsored

Last edited:

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m stuck on how a dealer can make money after giving $45K for a used Base. Enjoy whichever route you choose to go with.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Big Bend has about $800 worth of extras over the Base, you are basically paying for the privilege of upgrading to the mid-package and adding the rear locker. And this one has neither?

Hot Pepper Diamond

Black Diamond
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Of course it will. They're not gonna sell him brand new BB for $47k and then give him $45k for a used base.
I traded in my 1 year old black diamond soft top in for 47k and got a brand new hard top black diamond with price protection for 45kā€¦ itā€™s happens.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Kyukidoeric

Kyukidoeric

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (former 69 & 77 Bronco owner)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I traded in my 1 year old black diamond soft top in for 47k and got a brand new hard top black diamond with price protection for 45kā€¦ itā€™s happens.
On my Sport, I paid $28k and traded it for $34k 7 months later when I bought the Big Boy.

IMG_20220510_105835619_HDR.jpg

jrollo7

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you order is the dealer going to honor MSRP or tack on ADM like the one they have in stock. Either way I'd wait and order what you want or do a wider search and see if someone else has it in stock since it seems you're pretty much ok for paying the extra $5k.
Donā€™t pay that much or anything over MSRP. THE 2024s will be changed and therefore lower earlier model years. And, production is going faster now. 4-5 months for my BD 2 door advanced hardtop-April-August delivery.

ZacStro

Wildtrak
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ordering had closed when I was seriously looking earlier this year, but I found several ones throughout my state that were on the lot or coming on lot soon, but all of them were other customers orders, so the original customer typically bought the car. (All ones that met the specs of what I wanted)

I was on several lists for those, and finally one was turned down by a customer, and I right away drove down and bought it.

It was 5k over MSRP, but considering some wait over a year for their custom orders, that was well worth it for me. AND it seems like this will only really be worth it if it is ACTUALLY everything you want, or at least close enough that you can add on later. (Know that you can switch to soft from hard, but not reverse with wipers and defrost, know what things can be bought after vs only come with original orders, etc)

Mine just needed cargo mat, side steps, mud flaps... all things I am planning on adding eventually. (Esp if they finally give me my FordPass points.)

Sponsored

BobsBronco

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco 2dt
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I found mine without the ridiculous markup about a thousand miles away from me. Spent about $800 on fuel, a one-way ticket, and a motel room and made the deal happen. Got to visit some friends and family on the way back as a bonus. There are dealers who will have what you want and not charge the ridiculous markup. It just takes time and luck to find the right one with the right vehicle.

Poindexter

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E350 | F350 | GL350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Over here on the East Coast, it is becoming rare to find a dealer still applying a markup over MSRP.

For a $5,000 markup, I'd be on Cars.com, CarGurus, and Autotrader hunting down the exact one I wanted on a national search. Cross-country shipping is far cheaper than $5,000. You can sell your current Bronco privately or have that local dealer buy it outright.

For shipping, there are companies like Montway and AutoSled that can help facilitate all the shipping logistics. The dealer you buy it from should also be able to assist there.

P.S. I've been in the car business since 1989 and prefer to see people do business with dealerships who are not charging over sticker for what is a fairly common vehicle. Audi R8... sure, over sticker for that rarity all day long.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

One thing to keep in mind is depreciation of your current vehicle. I lost 10-15k waiting 2 years for my Bronco to come in...that is one hell of an ADM.

USSCajun

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 BD, Sas, 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Donā€™t pay ADM. cheaper to find one across the country, purchase airline tix and drive it back. $5,000 pfffft.
Sponsored