Sponsored

Sasquatch, to do or not to do? That is the question!

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Big Bend Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am planning to order a Big Bend 4 door (have a family, so 2 door was not an option for me :cry:), mainly to keep costs down and keep it similarly optioned to my 2017 f-150 302A, and I don't need a bunch of fancy shit on it lol. I will be adding the Mid package, Auto trans, Hard top, and Up fitter switches per my requirements. Though I am going back and forth on the Sasquatch package.

Let me explain my situation. My family and I plan to take this bad boy to the beach, overlanding/camping, and trailing. We will NOT be doing any crazy rock crawling or anything that will bring damage to my vehicle. Yes, I do plan on protecting my paint with PPF so I avoid scratches from tree branches.

the Sasquatch package is supposed to be $5000 and I feel that's good a deal for what you get in the package and I want my bronco to look bad ass as well. Go ahead call me a pavement princess, because it will be just that 80-90% of the time. However I have considered forgoing the Sasquatch package and adding the optional rear locker. If I do this I would plan on doing a set of King front a rear dual reservoir shocks, setting the front to 1" to match the lift you get from the Sasquatch, and a 1" rear block, and adding my own 17" wheels and Ridgegrapplers.

If I go this route I expect the price to be about $4000-$4500, so not much less than the Sasquatch option. However my thinking on this is I would have MUCH better shocks and ride quality, the same look, and really only lose the front locker and 4.7 gears. Saving me from stopping at the pump as often, and lets be honest for what I plan to do with the vehicle, I don't need the front locker I would lose going his route.

What are ya'll thinking? Anyone feeling the same way, or planning a similar setup? Would like to see what others are doing or your reasoning for going Sasquatch?

White Build.png

King Shocks.png
Sponsored

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
If the Squatch package does indeed come out to 5k, I'll probably skip it and do the same. I've gone 9 years with open front and rear diffs in my Jeep with just a 2.5" lift and 33 inch tires and for the wheeling around here it's handled it just fine, no rocks just mud and trails. It'd be nice to have all the tech but for 5k I could lift it, throw new wheels and tires at it and still have a few thousand left over.

If the Squatch package at 5k included the auto trans I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Mountain Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Full size GM SUV
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am probably going to go 2.7 base with SQ. This will give the base a lift, better shocks, axel, gearing and rims.

Run the 35’s until need new tires. If I did not like the 35’s drop down to 33’s for the second set.

The SQ is the only way to get some of these options on the base. However, going Squatch costs about the same as upgrading to big bend. I would much rather have the Squatch.

elseminoleguapo

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Going base or BD 2 door in all likelihood. If the 5k for the Sasquatch doesn't include the auto it requires, that's 6.9k and a likely nope. Not doing enough off road in south Florida to justify utility there.

OP
OP
BroncoDude8604
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If the Squatch package does indeed come out to 5k, I'll probably skip it and do the same. I've gone 9 years with open front and rear diffs in my Jeep with just a 2.5" lift and 33 inch tires and for the wheeling around here it's handled it just fine, no rocks just mud and trails. It'd be nice to have all the tech but for 5k I could lift it, throw new wheels and tires at it and still have a few thousand left over.

If the Squatch package at 5k included the auto trans I'd do it in a heartbeat.
Agreed! The more I think about it, the more I fee putting 4-5k in to the Big Bend on my
Own will give me a better set up that fits my needs and gives me what I believe will be a better ride quality.

Sponsored

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am planning to order a Big Bend 4 door (have a family, so 2 door was not an option for me :cry:), mainly to keep costs down and keep it similarly optioned to my 2017 f-150 302A, and I don't need a bunch of fancy shit on it lol. I will be adding the Mid package, Auto trans, Hard top, and Up fitter switches per my requirements. Though I am going back and forth on the Sasquatch package.

Let me explain my situation. My family and I plan to take this bad boy to the beach, overlanding/camping, and trailing. We will NOT be doing any crazy rock crawling or anything that will bring damage to my vehicle. Yes, I do plan on protecting my paint with PPF so I avoid scratches from tree branches.

the Sasquatch package is supposed to be $5000 and I feel that's good a deal for what you get in the package and I want my bronco to look bad ass as well. Go ahead call me a pavement princess, because it will be just that 80-90% of the time. However I have considered forgoing the Sasquatch package and adding the optional rear locker. If I do this I would plan on doing a set of King front a rear dual reservoir shocks, setting the front to 1" to match the lift you get from the Sasquatch, and a 1" rear block, and adding my own 17" wheels and Ridgegrapplers.

If I go this route I expect the price to be about $4000-$4500, so not much less than the Sasquatch option. However my thinking on this is I would have MUCH better shocks and ride quality, the same look, and really only lose the front locker and 4.7 gears. Saving me from stopping at the pump as often, and lets be honest for what I plan to do with the vehicle, I don't need the front locker I would lose going his route.

What are ya'll thinking? Anyone feeling the same way, or planning a similar setup? Would like to see what others are doing or your reasoning for going Sasquatch?

White Build.png
Keep in mind Base 4dr comes with Automatic included in the price so if you can do without Mid your talking 2.7 Squatch for $6900 not the $8500 of BB.

I am doing 2dr and Base 2.7 Squatch was within a few hundred bucks of BB 2.7 locker and also no optioned BD. It is a hard choice but the good thing is there is a choice.

Washoe

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche, MB.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Ford Bronco Sasquatch, to do or not to do? That is the question! King Shocks

Ford Bronco Sasquatch, to do or not to do? That is the question! King Shocks
Very interesting, as you sound very much like me. I am interested in learning more about your decision. I have a wildtrack on order and not sure at all if this is the correct way to go.

OP
OP
BroncoDude8604
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Very interesting, as you sound very much like me. I am interested in learning more about your decision. I have a wildtrack on order and not sure at all if this is the correct way to go.
Ill be sure to post up what I choose and see final pricing on the build & price once it's up and running. Even the wife is saying to do my own suspension! Thank god I have a wife that supports my vehicle hobby!

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
As a Jeep guy, I can definitely tell you that if you are even slightly considering the next tire size up, GET the next size up.
OR buy tires twice.
No amount of logic after buying the smaller size will kill off the feelings of regret for not buying the up size.

I talked myself into 33"s after driving a new '17 Wrangler off the lot.
My Jeep now has 35"s.

OP
OP
BroncoDude8604
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Keep in mind Base 4dr comes with Automatic included in the price so if you can do without Mid your talking 2.7 Squatch for $6900 not the $8500 of BB.

I am doing 2dr and Base 2.7 Squatch was within a few hundred bucks of BB 2.7 locker and also no optioned BD. It is a hard choice but the good thing is there is a choice.
Where did you hear that the Base comes with Auto standard? All info i have seen states it comes standard with the Manual? Interested to know for sure though.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BroncoDude8604
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As a Jeep guy, I can definitely tell you that if you are even slightly considering the next tire size up, GET the next size up.
OR buy tires twice.
No amount of logic after buying the smaller size will kill off the feelings of regret for not buying the up size.

I talked myself into 33"s after driving a new '17 Wrangler off the lot.
My Jeep now has 35"s.
Agreed!! I will be most likely going with 35s, but in Ridgegrapplers.

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
Agreed!! I will be most likely going with 35s, but in Ridgegrapplers.
A freind of mine has the ridgegrapplers and loves them.
I'm running the Kenda RT601 in 35x10.50R17
They're softer all around than the Nittos.
Faster road wear and more rock damage, but lower road noise and cost.
Actual traction seems about the same.
He does more long distance driving than me, so they are a better choice for him.

pat86323

Badlands
First Name
Patric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 bronco xlt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where did you hear that the Base comes with Auto standard? All info i have seen states it comes standard with the Manual? Interested to know for sure though.
Yeah....this, that doesn't quite make sense to me. Is an auto standard on all 4 doors? That would make the 4dr less painful to buy a top, but I've never read this. Edit: I double checked, this is true, the base does come with an auto in the 4 door. Too bad they dont offer the mid package. That could change everything for me

Last edited:

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Whenever you have questions like this, your first action should be to check Ford.com. Cause it's right there in big black lettering. Remember he said 4 door, not 2 door.

Gene Dios

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't see people considering factory warranty enough when talking about aftermarket drive train mods. I'm excited to buy one and I think it's going to be an awesome vehicle but we are talking about an all new production vehicle.
Sponsored