Sponsored

To Sasquatch or not to Sasquatch, lots of Cons!

krawl on

Badlands
First Name
PETE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee, Mustang supercharged
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

33's will get you pretty much anywhere 35's will.
Sponsored

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
The call it "Black Diamond."
Meh kinda, which is why the BD is on my radar. You’ll probably still need to lift up the front to fit 33s. Plus BD gives you a bunch of crap that some Base/BB folks don’t really want or need. Say the baby squatch runs you $3k. That’s much less than the BD upgrade cost. That’s why baby squatch would be tight.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It would be nice if they had a baby sasquatch package that came with 33 A/Ts, rear locker, and 4.46 gears. I'd probably pay like 2k for that on a base.
All good, but Sas suspension and front locker too

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

35x10.5x17 Kenda Klever will be going on my Bronco as soon as I get it. I hate wide tires, but I want the clearance of the 35s. Tall and skinny for me.

KLEVER.jpg
I like these! I may try these out when the originals need to be replaced.

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Meh kinda, which is why the BD is on my radar. You’ll probably still need to lift up the front to fit 33s. Plus BD gives you a bunch of crap that some Base/BB folks don’t really want or need.
HD bumpers, bash plates, rock bars, rear lockers, washout interior, aux switches for adding lighting/winch/accessories. Sounds like a "Baby Squatch" to me. Where's the "bunch of crap"? No leather, no heated anything, no "signature lighting," no 12" screens, no aluminum wheels, no frills.

Sponsored

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
HD bumpers, bash plates, rock bars, rear lockers, washout interior, aux switches for adding lighting/winch/accessories. Sounds like a "Baby Squatch" to me. Where's the "bunch of crap"? No leather, no heated anything, no "signature lighting," no 12" screens, no aluminum wheels, no frills.
Hey I like that stuff too. Some people would prefer to install it after market though.

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hey I like that stuff too. Some people would prefer to install it after market though.
I could understand that for the skid plates, rock sliders, and bumpers. I doubt the rock sliders are as hardcore as a typical aftermarket setup, though they did show a couple of videos of the test drivers rotating the truck right on the sliders.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’d say that if a trail hawk can make it that’s not what I’d call off roading. I’ve seen people bring trail hawks to the trails, and they never make it very far. As soon as you see some deep mud you see them get stuck.
Out here in CO we don't play in mud, we rock crawl.

RMKRubicon

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '95 YJ. Former: '08 JKR, '99 LC100,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Love the tall skinny (pizza cutter) look! Any experience with these tires?
I haven't experienced them yet, but they will be replacing my BFG A/Ts on my F-150 in the next 6 months. Everything I've read about the Kendas says they are quiet with good tread life, so to me it's worth a shot.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’d say that if a trail hawk can make it that’s not what I’d call off roading. I’ve seen people bring trail hawks to the trails, and they never make it very far. As soon as you see some deep mud you see them get stuck.
As I mentioned, we don't play in mud in CO, we rock crawl. Here are some of the trails off the top of my head that the GC trailhawk has driven:
Engineer Pass, Poughkeepsie Gulch, Imogene Pass, Ophir Pass, Black Bear Pass, Alpine Loop, Schofield Pass, Chinaman Gulch, Red Elephant Hill, Spring Creek, Red Cone, Wheeler Lake, Bald Mountain, China Wall, Middle St. Vrain, Saran Wrap, T-33 Plane Crash, Tincup Pass, Governor Basin, Hancock Pass, Webster Pass, Slaughterhouse Gulch, Argentine Pass & Balanced Rock Road

All trails that I would run in my built wrangler and yet the trailhawk has been very surprising and capable. And our offroad camper is just as capable if not more, can go anywhere that the tow vehicle can go (as long as there are no hairpin turns on mountain shelf trails).

Sponsored

tritonx100

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford explore
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
i'm sure the dealer will put 33 on there for you

Daisy76

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As I mentioned, we don't play in mud in CO, we rock crawl. Here are some of the trails off the top of my head that the GC trailhawk has driven:
Engineer Pass, Poughkeepsie Gulch, Imogene Pass, Ophir Pass, Black Bear Pass, Alpine Loop, Schofield Pass, Chinaman Gulch, Red Elephant Hill, Spring Creek, Red Cone, Wheeler Lake, Bald Mountain, China Wall, Middle St. Vrain, Saran Wrap, T-33 Plane Crash, Tincup Pass, Governor Basin, Hancock Pass, Webster Pass, Slaughterhouse Gulch, Argentine Pass & Balanced Rock Road

All trails that I would run in my built wrangler and yet the trailhawk has been very surprising and capable. And our offroad camper is just as capable if not more, can go anywhere that the tow vehicle can go (as long as there are no hairpin turns on mountain shelf trails).
Love that area! I would agree, i had a 2002 Jeep Tj 2 door soft top with 33” first gen Goodyear MT/R, ARB F/R, Teraflex lift and I have been in some hardcore places with it in Colorado & Moab, yes i might of hit skid plates once or twice but thats why they are there! I never did upgrade to 35s, hell I got the famous Jeep death wobble with 33s and had to upgrade half of my steering. Was scared to put anything bigger on that damn jeep! ?

Daisy76

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My last post reminded me of a story when my uncle & I were off roading near Telluride, CO. I had my 02 TJ & my uncle had his Cherokee Sport with a lift on it! We spent a couple of hours going up this trail with rocks and boulders that ended at a mtn lake. “Gorgeous place”, anyway once we got there we high fived & celebrated, got out our fishing rods and started fishing! After about an hour we heard this V8 working its way to us and then we saw the grille of 71’ Ford Bronco with 5 guys in it & “this is the best part” it had the original 215/75R 15 on it! They jumped out and asked how the fishing was & my uncle said those damn Broncos!!?
Sponsored