Sponsored

Sasquatch or Not Sasquatch+aftermarket ?

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If all your after is the look, you MIGHT get a lift, wheels and tires for 4k.
For me, that works out. I want a manual Base, adding Squatch adds 7300 and forces the auto. I know what the limits are and my intentions for it will never require Squatch. At most, a rear locker, big MAYBE.

If you think you MIGHT want the heavier duty driveline, it's borderline foolish to pass on the outragous deal Squatch is.

You mention a rear gear and locker, sorry, you also have to match that gear up front or you'll destroy the drivetrain somewhere, if you could even find a shop that would do that for you. and if they were the type of shop to do that, I don't know that you'd WANT them to....freaking hacks.
If I were a mechanic, just for liabilitys sake, I'd not do just one axle.
Two ring and pinions - $1000
rear E-locker $1000
front ???? $600
lift - $2k
wheels and tires $2500 installed...minimum

$8100 bucks so far, just off the top of my head, IF you're actually going to wheel it and need all that stuff.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Sandbergo

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If all your after is the look, you MIGHT get a lift, wheels and tires for 4k.
For me, that works out. I want a manual Base, adding Squatch adds 7300 and forces the auto. I know what the limits are and my intentions for it will never require Squatch. At most, a rear locker, big MAYBE.

If you think you MIGHT want the heavier duty driveline, it's borderline foolish to pass on the outragous deal Squatch is.

You mention a rear gear and locker, sorry, you also have to match that gear up front or you'll destroy the drivetrain somewhere, if you could even find a shop that would do that for you. and if they were the type of shop to do that, I don't know that you'd WANT them to....freaking hacks.
If I were a mechanic, just for liabilitys sake, I'd not do just one axle.
Two ring and pinions - $1000
rear E-locker $1000
front ???? $600
lift - $2k
wheels and tires $2500 installed...minimum

$8100 bucks so far, just off the top of my head, IF you're actually going to wheel it and need all that stuff.
As for the gear ratio that I mentioned, I was saying selecting the setup in the build as price not having someone do only one half. I would assume when you select the different gearing that adds the rear locking diff that they would do both front and rear. Thank you for the input, the info I have received so far has me leaning towards just adding the Sasquatch, I can always switch out the rims at a later point.
thank you all for the info and I can’t wait to start seeing posts with people next to their Broncos. Thanks again.

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So I have yet to put in my order mainly because of a few issues. First, I have been trying to determine if I can justify going with the Sasquatch even though I’m not sold on the rims. I have been debating whether to just change the rear axle drive ratio and get the rear locking differential then go aftermarket for all the rest. The plus side of doing the Sasquatch is that it’s factory and will be covered by whatever warranty Ford offers. The second part of my issue is that I’m likely being allocated a 22MY since my reservation is from 7/26 so my issue is what paint colors are going to carry over to the 22MY, what packages, etc. Thanks Ford and Covid for throwing curveballs. Anyway, at the moment I have set up a Big Bend 2.7L 4 door Area 51 with MIC top, black interior, adding the Mid and Tow package, would go for the High if it was availble. I just think some of the other interiors are terrible, just my opinion. So if you have made it this far, what are your thoughts on going aftermarket for a non Factory Sasquatch package?
I'm in the exact same boat as you, the same decision. I decided to get the BigBend NoSquatch, but add the Rear Locker and 4.27 Locking Rear Drive Ratio. I am doing aftermarket wheels and tires. Then altering the suspension. This will all be done in time. I dont plan on doing any major rock climbing. Just a little overlanding. So i think it will be capable enough for me. The only thing that I dont get that i would have wanted. Is the Advanced Automatic select 4x4 that comes with the sasquatch package. This feature you can never add back. As i heard it described is like cruise control for 4 Wheeling. So for example if i were to leave my house right now during this snow storm, I would select the 4A and the Bronco would adjust the Drive scenario! Pretty big deal, but ultimately cost was a bigger deal to me up front at this point and time.
DISCLAIMER, DROPPED MID PACKAGE AND ADDED SASQUATCH. NOW QUESTIONING BADLANDS. LOL

Last edited:

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

sas seems worth it if you are not getting a badlands.

if you get a badlands i would just skip sas.

then you could
  1. stay with the stock badlands wheels and 33s
  2. sell the stock wheels get better wheels than sas has ($2.5k savings + ~$600 from sold wheels to work with)
  3. sell stock wheels and stock tires ($2.5k savings + ~$600 wheels + ~$750 tires to work with)
So if you were to sell stock wheels and tires, you would be working with nearly $4k difference in price of sas but end up with better tires and wheels easily. Unless im missing something else that badlands sas adds
Roll Damn Tide

Taking a few liberties with that name and avatar yeah? :)

LostInArizona

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands non-sas 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah I’m still making sense of that.
I think the issue has to do with the gearing ratios on the manual and the torque curve of the 4 cyl. Which with only 6 gears are a bit taller than the gearing on a 10 speed auto. So in order to maintain performance specifications, essentially to keep the engine in its torque band, with 33s and a consistent final drive ratio, they increase the ration of the rear diff.

skierx728

Outer Banks
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m looking at the OBX squatch setup but not feeling the grayish beauty rings... would prefer all black like on the wild track. Are those easy to swap out after the fact? Any idea on cost to buy black beauty rings?
Sponsored