Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For arguments sake, let’s say the Sasquatch package comes out really expensive, and to stay in budget you now have to decide between the Sasquatch, and the 2.7, which do you choose and why?
Sponsored

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For arguments sake, let’s say the Sasquatch package comes out really expensive, and to stay in budget you now have to decide between the Sasquatch, and the 2.7, which do you choose and why?
Both 2.3 and 2.7 come with Sasquatch. As for me, I am going to pick the 2.3. For me, engine choice does not matter.

Mike978

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I would go for the 2.7 as I won’t be off roaring as much as driving routinely and the extra power will be good. Of course it does depend on the reviews of the two engines and their actual performance.

OP
OP
Imissmy1996bronco

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’d downgrade my model choice and still do both. :D
Unfortunately I’m on the base model already ?

I’m just worried that by the time I option both a Sasquatch and 2.7 on the base model, I’m going to have $10k plus in options....

(and for the record, I had my profile pic before we knew the Sasquatch package was a thing!)

Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If you're going 2-door I would take the Sasquatch. If you're getting a 4-door I would opt for the 2.7 over the 'Squatch if I only had to choose one.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'd go with the 2.7 simply for the fact that it's easier (and probably cheaper) to upgrade to a lift & bigger tires later as opposed to trying to swap out the whole engine.

PELS82

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
i would get 2.7 but that’s my #1 must have personally.

Last edited:

Staticclism

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
230k mile 1996 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Squatchy (especially if they change their minds and allow manual + Squatch). I really want the lockers from the factory, even though I'll probably barely use them.

Sponsored

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m probably going to bite the bullet on both regardless. I’m thinking in Badlands the cost of Sasquatch will be less expensive than it will be on the other trims.
If I had to choose though, I’d choose the 2.7, strictly due it being easier to add larger tires.

LemonShark

Outer Banks
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mercedes C43 AMG, 2018 Honda Odyssey
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ha. I literally wrote a post about an hour ago pretty much declaring my undying devotion to going 'Squatch. In real life, I will be going 2.7 and 'Squatch, BUT if I truly had to pick one or the other, I'd go 2.7.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's the SQUATCH for me !!! Short version .... Fun Haven Ranger shows more than enough power 2.3/ auto. Therefore having the suspension spec"ed out like this makes it a no-brainer for me. If you would need more umph, becasue of the auto, you could go up in gearing ....... 5'38's ???? Plus already having the auto makes the Bronczilla one step closer.

I'm still torn between the Badlands, 33's, 7MT or Base, Auto, Squatch thing. When I get to the trail I can "disconnect" my sway bar myself. So I guess we will see when we get some solid pricing.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I fully expect I will use the Bronco the same way I use my Jeep JL. That's light off roading, and road trips of great distances. My Jeep is completely stock w/32's, and it is way more capable off road than I'll ever be. And, it is a comfortable road trip vehicle. In both aspects I wholly expect the Bronco will be also. So, I'll probably go with the Outer Banks trim w/2.7L sans the "Squatch".