First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS 7, Ram 3500, Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The Badlands comes with a soft top standard but I plan on getting a hard top as well. I should be able to have it painted any factory color I like for whatever the optional hard top cost will be. I will just happen to choose white.
Sponsored

Akwestender

Wildtrak
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 F350 Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My guess is the white top will be $500 + and part of a retro package of some sort. Or will include items you can’t get with any other top.

GordoJones

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A heritage package with not just a white top but the grill and more importantly the roll bar also white is something that I would pay extra for.
I think all the Sports Bars will be body colored because it is part of the painted frame.
Also, I think I know a good way to get a white sports bar.

Ford Bronco Poll:  Pay extra for a white top? 2021 Ford Bronco Body In White BIW Shell 2 Door

Ford Bronco Poll:  Pay extra for a white top? 2021 Ford Bronco Body In White BIW Shell

ndegnan1992

Big Bend
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think all the Sports Bars will be body colored because it is part of the painted frame.

Ford Bronco Poll:  Pay extra for a white top? 2021 Ford Bronco Body In White BIW Shell

Damn that Oxford White looks clean...

Sponsored

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Hemi 392 Scatpack Shaker, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’ll pay for one - (if it’s not offered by Ford) at a local paint shop or wrap (probably wrap) shop.

JK

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree that the cage will likely be body color. Those pics from the assembly line thread basically prove it.

That is why I would pay extra for a package that included a white cage.
Not that worried about just the top. Buying a white top will be an option at some point even if it isn’t in MY’21.

Love to hear your solution.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I agree that the cage will likely be body color. Those pics from the assembly line thread basically prove it.
The cage looks to be pretty firmly attached, so running the whole thing through the paint booth makes sense.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I believe you are way off. That’s a lot of work prepping and taping ,also remember the size of the roof . Average price for a bumper is $200-$300
I figured I was way off. It's been a while since I've had any paint work done. I do hope Ford will hear us, and give us an option for a white top. They will already had to have a few at the ready if someone wants a Oxford White Bronco with matching top.

Sponsored

crimsonhokie

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Civic Si, '17 Ducati Supersport S
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Anyone getting a white 4 door with the body-color painted top want to trade with a velocity blue? The looks could be changed up that way. Ex. Race red body, velocity blue top and white grill...aka The Patriot. Black body with silver top would look good too.

zeak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU wrangler, BMW 3 series
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
my initial response is f# no, i'm not paying extra for a white top. just offer it as a choice. don't nickel and dime me. like others have said, if i can customize the top via aftermarket for less, i will. you gotta know your audience.

MarcTut

Outer Banks
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Honda Civic Si, '20 Colorado Z71
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Odd choices on pricing given that the max choice is $500+. It is $2300+ for a painted top on a Wrangler, in white or any color, which is highway robbery and I hope to god Ford can undercut this significantly ($1000? $1500?) but less then $500? I mean, that would be awesome but...

Unless we are talking white plastic instead of painted, but has ford even confirmed there will be a white plastic one?

Rufus

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess I’m stupid- why are certain colors more money?
Just curious
All paint does not cost the same for Ford. Thus passing on the premium cost of the paint to the consumer. Ford has always done this -- always will.

Rufus

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My guess is the white top will be $500 + and part of a retro package of some sort. Or will include items you can’t get with any other top.
Hoping for the "White Pack" option -- just like have Black Pack on Mustang/Ranger. Or Retro/Heritage option (or better yet model-line series). Let's hope Ford is studying the proposal.
Sponsored