Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It has. But my point was that originally the only way to get a white top for MY21 was to get a white OBX with body-color mod top. Ford has only said the mod top is late availability. They have not officially clarified the finish. I would think the dealer order guide and wbdo will offer the final clarity for MY21.
Black only (late-availability) for MY21. Body-color and white for MY22.

I edited my previous post but I think you were responding before it posted.
Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Black only (late-availability) for MY21.

I edited my previous post but I think you were responding before it posted.
Yes, I did. Sorry for chopping off the rest of your original response. But the Shadow Black on the mod top is implied as it is the only option for other trims. The OBX had the Shadow Black or body-color mod top. I know of no official declaration that body-color mod tops on OBX have been nixed and only the Shadow Black finish will be offered. The only official declaration is that the mod top is late availability.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, I did. Sorry for chopping off the rest of your original response. But the Shadow Black on the mod top is implied as it is the only option for other trims. The OBX had the Shadow Black or body-color mod top. I know of no official declaration that body-color mod tops on OBX have been nixed and only the Shadow Black finish will be offered. The only official declaration is that the mod top is late availability.
Found this from BN:

screenshot_20201022-181207_chrome-jpg-jpg.jpg

So white and body-color tops won't necessarily be available when the '22s launch, but "during" their run.

Didn't all trims have an available body-colored top when the site went live? I could be misremembering.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Found this from BN:

screenshot_20201022-181207_chrome-jpg-jpg.jpg

So white and body-color tops won't necessarily be available when the '22s launch, but "during" their run.

Didn't all trims have an available body-colored top when the site went live? I could be misremembering.
Thank you for digging up some quasi-official statements (BN is the closest absent Mike stating it). With regards to your recollection on body-colored mod tops, I'm pretty sure it was only on the OBX. But with your evidence above, it sounds like a moot point.

It will be interesting to see how they price the white top and which trims it will be available. They may still restrict it's offering to OBX and above trims just to push buyers to move up.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It will be interesting to see how they price the white top and which trims it will be available. They may still restrict it's offering to OBX and above trims just to push buyers to move up.
I think that's likely. Might even be part of a package with additional white accents (grille, etc.).

Sponsored

whiteoak150

Outer Banks
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
A few points of clarity. We all know the modular hard top is late availability for MY21. The only trim that allowed for a body-colored modular hard top was the OBX. We do not have clarity on the modular hard top late availability as to what finish it will be offered. It is assumed that the Shadow Black will be the color. But we also don't know if they will offer the body-colored option on the OBX. If they do as part of the late availability, the only way to get a white top for MY21 would be to order the OBX in Oxford White and the corresponding body-colored modular hard top.
That's kind of what I was thinking also. Just get the white OBX with white Mod top when available and then take it to a body shop and have them make it unique sort of like the Firefighters Filson special.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's kind of what I was thinking also. Just get the white OBX with white Mod top when available and then take it to a body shop and have them make it unique sort of like the Firefighters Filson special.
Please note: I was corrected on the body-color mod top option for MY21. Looks like the Shadow Black mod top is the only choice. White will have to wait till MY22.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It has. But my point was that originally the only way to get a white top for MY21 was to get a white OBX with body-color mod top. Ford has only said the mod top is late availability. They have not officially clarified the finish. I would think the dealer order guide and wbdo will offer the final clarity for MY21.
Black Diamond, at one point, had a body colour option as well. I'm not sure about others but I know for sure BD did.

Sponsored

MOBRONCO

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I bet you could have that top painted for $500. There I just saved you $1500 on your 2021
I would have to wait for painted top, I’ve waited years, I’ll let others beta test and not have the headache.
Sponsored