Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a 2021 reservation I made in July, and I'm trying to figure out if I need to create a new reservation for a 2022 model year to get a white top option or can I keep my existing one?
Sponsored

Funksurfsoul

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No need to make new reservation as far as I’ve read. Just place your order, and wait for white top...

Are people looking for the white top just for the colour? I’m planning on waiting for a black modular.. but only benefit for going white IMO would be that it might not show as many scratches from the bush in comparison to my shadow black paint and top..

OP
OP
JayOverland

JayOverland

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No need to make new reservation as far as I’ve read. Just place your order, and wait for white top...

Are people looking for the white top just for the colour? I’m planning on waiting for a black modular.. but only benefit for going white IMO would be that it might not show as many scratches from the bush in comparison to my shadow black paint and top..
Thanks for the time taken! Cheers

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

jay thats my understanding too

to answer your question funk, i am waiting for a white top just for the color

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes the color of the top is important, just like the hood. All Broncos had a white top, don't count the Bronco2. All the Broncos should have a whit top with a body match as an option. Looks like they just want to crank out as many as possible fast. Not good. Things will change by 2023.

Sponsored

Rustytuna

Base
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was told by my dealer I could order a white top now, no change to reservation, I would just have to wait until it’s available before I get it.

scviduli

Black Diamond
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
how would the finished product of painting the MIC top white? ie should get the MIC and paint it vs get soft top and buy a white top later

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was told by my dealer I could order a white top now, no change to reservation, I would just have to wait until it’s available before I get it.
How could you place an order when it is not even an option at this point? This hasn’t been described as late availability but rather an option for 2022. I don’t expect it will be even listed on the 21 order form.

I apologize if this sounds like a know-it-all response. It is not intended that way. It is a question in my mind. Hopefully a dealer like Granger can confirm what is accurate.

Sponsored

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am going for a 2023 reservation with an option to change to 2024 with no charge for changes. LOL

Rustytuna

Base
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Your Bronco Model
Base
How could you place an order when it is not even an option at this point? This hasn’t been described as late availability but rather an option for 2022. I don’t expect it will be even listed on the 21 order form.

I apologize if this sounds like a know-it-all response. It is not intended that way. It is a question in my mind. Hopefully a dealer like Granger can confirm what is accurate.
Not sure myself. I thought it might be on their order form now?

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't think you'll be able to reserve a white top until MY22 orders go up
A few points of clarity. We all know the modular hard top is late availability for MY21. The only trim that allowed for a body-colored modular hard top was the OBX. We do not have clarity on the modular hard top late availability as to what finish it will be offered. It is assumed that the Shadow Black will be the color. But we also don't know if they will offer the body-colored option on the OBX. If they do as part of the late availability, the only way to get a white top for MY21 would be to order the OBX in Oxford White and the corresponding body-colored modular hard top.

Edited to reflect the correct information supplied by @BroncoKong Jr.

Last edited:

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A few points of clarity. We all know the modular hard top is late availability for MY21. The only trim that allowed for a body-colored modular hard top was the OBX. We do not have clarity on the modular hard top late availability as to what finish it will be offered. It is assumed that the Shadow Black will be the color. But we also don't know if they will offer the body-colored option on the OBX. If they do as part of the late availability, the only way to get a white top for MY21 would be to order the OBX in Oxford White and the corresponding body-colored modular hard top.
I thought it was confirmed a white modular top is coming for MY22? In addition to body-color tops (also MY22). Black modular tops are late availability for MY21.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I thought it was confirmed a white modular top is coming for MY22?
It has. But my point was that originally the only way to get a white top for MY21 was to get a white OBX with body-color mod top. Ford has only said the mod top is late availability. They have not officially clarified the finish. I would think the dealer order guide and wbdo will offer the final clarity for MY21.
Sponsored