DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With all the changes on the B&P pricing, hate for the interior choices or hard top color and general distaste for Fords handling of the Bronco launch and B&P, we’ve gotten away from whats really important and in the spirit of Christmas, I wanted us to refocus on what really matters.... the 2.7 Manual:)
Sponsored

Norville

Black Diamond
First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 BMW 325i, 2012 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And this is one reason we keep getting the prices being hiked up for. How about payingfor the actual worth and not paying more for less.

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Kind of a poorly worded poll. I wouldn't pay extra for the manual paired with the 2.7L on top of the 2.7L upgrade engine cost...

However I would pay for the 2.7L upgrade as it currently costs, and keep the manual

Sponsored
OP
OP

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Kind of a poorly worded poll. I wouldn't pay extra for the manual paired with the 2.7L on top of the 2.7L upgrade engine cost...

However I would pay for the 2.7L upgrade as it currently costs, and keep the manual
I would pay above and beyond what a 2.7 Auto currently costs to get a 2.7 Manual “upgrade”.

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would pay above and beyond what a 2.7 Auto currently costs to get a 2.7 Manual “upgrade”.
Maybe you'd double pay for that upgrade, but I wouldn't. I'm fine paying for the 2.7L, but not twice just because it's with a manual. I'd "settle" for the 2.3L manual combo. 2.3L is an excellent engine with a lot of output, and with a proper tune can do a lot more. There's not much to be gained by going 2.7L, at least not enough to warrant paying that kind of premium IMO.

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since the 2.7 + 10A is $3490, I’d gladly pay $1595 less than that.

Bodge Garage

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Careful, the next build and process update will start charging for the standard 7MT with the 2.3. Ford will just say it's a correction and that standard does not mean free.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm paying ~$50,000 for the option.

The only way Ford is offering the 2.7 with a manual is if they get an insane demand for the manual transmission. We're talking 50+% take rate.

So, I'm voting with my dollars, because that's all that matters to companies that size. If everyone takes the easy way out and gets an automatic, then it's never going to happen. It's like a boycott. It only works if everyone, or a huge percentage, does it.

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I'd pay $1895 extra for the V6 but if the auto was the standard transmission then yes, I'd pony up a reasonable cost for the manual.

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'd pay $1895 extra for the V6 but if the auto was the standard transmission then yes, I'd pony up a reasonable cost for the manual.
Funny that we are now talking about if we would be willing to pay extra for a manual - since over a year ago when the TX dealer who used to be frequently posting on here was asked if a manual will be available he replied that it will be - but for an extra charge.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With all the changes on the B&P pricing, hate for the interior choices or hard top color and general distaste for Fords handling of the Bronco launch and B&P, we’ve gotten away from whats really important and in the spirit of Christmas, I wanted us to refocus on what really matters.... the 2.7 Manual:)

Would it be available with the Mid package across the various trims? :rolleyes:
LMMFAO!!!!

I mean, I'm already paying extra just for the opportunity to pay even more for Mid ....but I still can't get a manual, 2.3 or 2.7 . . . unless I pay A LOT more for the Badlands. :mad:

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The only reason I am getting a new Bronco is the availability of a manual transmission. If the new Bronco was automatic transmission only I would no be buying it. I am very happy with the 2.3 and 7MT combo, but I would pay extra for the 2.7 and 7MT.
Sponsored