First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What a criminally underrated motor, I would take it in a truck over both the 5.0 and entire gasoline Ecoboost lineup. Have driven it in both the Rover and and F150, and it is such a solid performer all around. In the Range Rover it was deceptively quick too, throttle response and torque were incredible in sport mode.

If that was in the Bronco mated to the 7mt, I would probably have to overlook the insane diesel prices right now.

It's the first diesel we've owned, and we love it. Diesel is about $4.85 right now versus about $4 for gasoline. A friend of mine has a gas Range Rover(2018 like ours) and gets 19mpg vs. our 29mpg with the 3.0 diesel so he is paying 25% more per mile for fuel than we are. For the 16,000 miles, we drive it each year, that's a $700 savings, enough to pay the insurance on it. :)
Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Only 65% want a v8, I thought it would be higher

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All of you who are saying that the 2.3L or 2.7L has plenty of power and/or more powerful that the old V8's are correct.

But That's Not Why several of us want a V8.
(for me)
- Non-Turbo Engine (a NA Engine easer to fix/repair when you're out in the wilderness, but if you're Mall Crawling it not important)
- Nostalgic Sounds
- Turbos running in Boost burns just as much or possibly more fuel.
- V8's can have more Torque just off idle that a Un-Spooled Small Displacement Turbo-ed Engine.

To be precise, I'd love to have the Baby Godzilla, as the Coyote doesn't have the Off-Idle Torque.

Oh! Putting an LS in a Ford is just WRONG! Especially when Ford has better options.

Djstang2011

Badlands
First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT, 2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just finished a 1300 mile trip towing a 3k pound trailer with a 2 door badlands 2.7. No need for a v8 unless for the sound. 2.7 has torque everywhere and is a hoot to drive. Averaged 14 mpg towing at 75 mph for the trip. Without the trailer I get 18.5 mpg at the same 75 mph.

EBG

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71EB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Considering the cost of a high tech, twin-turbocharged V6, we should be able to select a basic old school V8 as a no cost option.

Yes, the V6 puts out plenty of power. That’s not the point.

The New Bronco is retro vehicle, drawing upon the legacy of original, classic Broncos of 50 years ago. Simple, basic, rugged, fun vehicles. I know, I’ve owned one for decades.

We like the sound, the feel, the effortless low end torque of a V8. Do we need it? No. Do we want it? Yes. Ford could do it easily. Will they? When was the last time Ford listened to the slightest thing we had to say?

Some of us will do it ourselves.

Sponsored

Zus

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 & 22 Bronco, 17 F150, 12 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just want the roar and power of a NA Coyote. I think the cost would offset itself considering the parts on the 2.7L aren't cheap either.

greenmachine343

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
v8 is a 2k option in the f150

so i chose that

dan79

Big Bend
First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 f250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I may be the minority here I got the 2.3 and love it I have the 5.4 in my f250 and it gets 8.5 miles to gallon the bronco gets 18 ill stick with the four its not like I am towing with it

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can see the thrill of power and sound. I just think that’s too much power.

Mainerunr

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
All of you who are saying that the 2.3L or 2.7L has plenty of power and/or more powerful that the old V8's are correct.

But That's Not Why several of us want a V8.
(for me)
- Non-Turbo Engine (a NA Engine easer to fix/repair when you're out in the wilderness, but if you're Mall Crawling it not important)
- Nostalgic Sounds
- Turbos running in Boost burns just as much or possibly more fuel.
- V8's can have more Torque just off idle that a Un-Spooled Small Displacement Turbo-ed Engine.

To be precise, I'd love to have the Baby Godzilla, as the Coyote doesn't have the Off-Idle Torque.

Oh! Putting an LS in a Ford is just WRONG! Especially when Ford has better options.
Godzilla, maybe easier to fix, Coyote is doubtful. Turbo in boost vs Coyote...meh takes fuel to make power, hammer on either and neither will get decent mpg (but the 2.7 will probably walk away from the V8). And like you said, off idle, the 2.7 torches the Coyote in the torque department.

Considering the cost of a high tech, twin-turbocharged V6, we should be able to select a basic old school V8 as a no cost option.

Yes, the V6 puts out plenty of power. That’s not the point.

The New Bronco is retro vehicle, drawing upon the legacy of original, classic Broncos of 50 years ago. Simple, basic, rugged, fun vehicles. I know, I’ve owned one for decades.

We like the sound, the feel, the effortless low end torque of a V8. Do we need it? No. Do we want it? Yes. Ford could do it easily. Will they? When was the last time Ford listened to the slightest thing we had to say?

Some of us will do it ourselves.
Sound. The ONLY thing the V8 has going for it. Effortless low end torque? You're not talking about the Coyote, you should be more specific about which V8 you're talking about, the 2.7 makes more low end torque than most of them.

This is the same crap as over in the F150 world. I have the Coyote in my F150, it's a great engine, heck it makes more low end torque than the 5.4 did but it gets stomped by the 2.7 and 3.5 ecoboosts in the F150.

Remember kids, HP = top end but torque gets you moving. My barber's wife has a 2.3 Outer Banks, from 35mph, I barely pulled away in my Coyote F150...

Just sayin, nostalgia is winning for the V8 but from a performance standpoint, the 2.7 wins, hands down.

Sponsored

dck82

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m not sure it’s needed, but if I only drove it on the weekends I’d pay up to 5k to fit it in. The Coyote engine is rock solid. My Mustang with a gen 3 took everything I could dish out and I think it kind of liked it. Drop one with an active exhaust in my two door Bronco and I could have all kinds of stupid fun.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Absolutely nothing unless they did some thing about fuel mileage. My 2018 Chevy crew cab 6’ bed max tow could pull 23mpg unloaded in the freeway was still a box shaped vehicle. I can barely make 20mpg with the 2.7 stock badlands wheels doing 68mph. The 6 has plenty of torque and already dismal mileage. Lucky for me I drive 1.1 miles to work so I feel comfortable with the biggest when I do travel.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If a coyote 5.0 V8 was a stand alone option available on any trim and with an auto or manual transmission, how much more would you pay (would you have paid) for it?

Jason
through a super charged V8 into the Wildtrak and I'd be more than happy to Raptor pricing for it.
Sponsored