Sponsored

How much would you pay for badlands take offs and opinion on extended warranty?

Robs

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

First question:
I'm picking up my base bronco tomorrow and I was looking at some badlands take-offs locally to me.
What would be a fair offer for both of us?

Specs:
factory 22 badlands
Wheels and tires
They are 17”. The tires are Lt285/75R17 BFG A/T KO2’s. with TPS
1500KM's

Second question:
I was offered an extended warranty by my ford dealership.
Was told it includes everything that isn't cosmetic and comes with a full protective spray-down.
10 years 160000KM for $2500 USD or $3300 CAD
In your opinion is this worth it?

Thanks
i dont have an opinion about the wheel / tire combo. However, that price sounds like the ford premium warranty package . Know that there is huge markup on these packages so you should bargain. I got mine considerably less $$ with the additional lighting protection 100K / 10 years after negotiating. The Grainger (sp?) ford site has an on line cost chart for the various warranty programs. consider that as a starting point. With these being new vehicles with bugs still working out, having the extra protection is worth it, esp if you plan to keep the vehicle for a while. good luck!
Sponsored

choppersean

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands Sasquatch, 2-door, EG, 2.7, Auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For wheel/tire costs, I suggest you watch the forum under the user marketplace here on B6G. I sold my sasquatch take-offs complete.........wheels, tires, and TPMS sensors. I wasn't hurting for cash, so no rush for me to sell. I knew what my floor price was and advertised higher knowing I would have to negotiate. I got a ton of absurd low-ball offers and am glad I waited as I got a couple hundred more than my "walk" number. Bottom line is they are only worth what someone will pay and because they are take-offs there is no way anyone would pay for the "new" price. In my case, my take-offs had 38 miles on them and were pristine......drove directly home from the dealership and put my after-market wheels tires on immediately. When I calculated cost of all that, it would have been more than $3000 and I sold mine for $2150....... a very fair deal IMO with my willingness to wait. My low-ball offers were at $1000 to $1400.

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First question:
I'm picking up my base bronco tomorrow and I was looking at some badlands take-offs locally to me.
What would be a fair offer for both of us?

Specs:
factory 22 badlands
Wheels and tires
They are 17”. The tires are Lt285/75R17 BFG A/T KO2’s. with TPS
1500KM's

Second question:
I was offered an extended warranty by my ford dealership.
Was told it includes everything that isn't cosmetic and comes with a full protective spray-down.
10 years 160000KM for $2500 USD or $3300 CAD
In your opinion is this worth it?

Thanks
I'd think the complete take-offs with low mileage tires and TPMS should go for $1250.

As for the Extended Warranty. Dont bother. Put the $2500 in a high-interest savings account and know that you have whatever is in there when the time comes. Ford barely warranties anything, good luck getting it out of a 3rd party. It likely also has a deductible with the approval process. God forbid you lost the paperwork that shows the properly docuemnted the service intervals.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i dont have an opinion about the wheel / tire combo. However, that price sounds like the ford premium warranty package . Know that there is huge markup on these packages so you should bargain. I got mine considerably less $$ with the additional lighting protection 100K / 10 years after negotiating. The Grainger (sp?) ford site has an on line cost chart for the various warranty programs. consider that as a starting point. With these being new vehicles with bugs still working out, having the extra protection is worth it, esp if you plan to keep the vehicle for a while. good luck!
You (according to your profile display) live in the U.S. OP lives in Canada and can't purchase a Ford ESP from a US dealer for use in Canada.

Robs

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You (according to your profile display) live in the U.S. OP lives in Canada and can't purchase a Ford ESP from a US dealer for use in Canada.
Fair enough. But the fact that the markup is huge should be if good use going in to negotiation. dint just accept the first number the dealer throws at you!

Sponsored
OP
OP
donb

donb

Base
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda RX8 2010 R3
Your Bronco Model
Base
Fair enough. But the fact that the markup is huge should be if good use going in to negotiation. dint just accept the first number the dealer throws at you!
forsure! he started at $4k but i got him down to $3300 and free window tint.

edit:
Canadian dollars by the way haha so like $2500 USD

Last edited:

Robs

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

forsure! he started at $4k but i got him down to $3300 and free window tint.

edit:
Canadian dollars by the way haha so like $2500 USD
👍👍
Sponsored