Sponsored

How much over MSRP would it take for you to sell your brand new Bronco?

How much over MSRP would it take for you to sell your brand new Bronco?

• Total voters

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't want to sell my Bronco, but if someone paid me $25 over MSRP for it, I'd probably do it, as I could use that money to pay off some other stuff. However, after all the wait already for this one, I could not order another and wait again, so I'd turn around and get a sweet CJ-7 or Scout II and just lease a very basic and cheap regular car to drive out of town or in the rain, but drive the cool ride daily to work and such.
Sponsored

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm with you. I'll wait 18 months for a free bronco, plus get the order in now and it may be sooner.
Me too. 50! There are a lot of things I settled for to get the earlier build date.

I'd get all the things I really wanted on a free one. And after this experience, I might be better equipped to handle the wait.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And after this experience I might be better equipped to handle the wait.
When it comes to playing the hurry up and wait game:

The US Military has equipped its veterans with a very particular set of skills.
Ford Bronco How much over MSRP would it take for you to sell your brand new Bronco? 1624631621932

hozer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Given the answer of 50k being prevalent... I wanna know what the hell yall all do for a living where 50% return is your MINIMUM to offload your depreciating asset. I'd take 10k personally, its not a collectors, its a mass produced vehicle and there will be lots.

OP
OP
rugbysecondrow

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Given the answer of 50k being prevalent... I wanna know what the hell yall all do for a living where 50% return is your MINIMUM to offload your depreciating asset. I'd take 10k personally, its not a collectors, its a mass produced vehicle and there will be lots.
Even better, if you put $1,000 down on the vehicle, and sell it for $50k above MSRP, that could be 5,000% ROI.

Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
$20k over, and I'd still be on the fence...Would that change any facet of my life? Not really. It would take me two years to get another Bronco. Whereas driving a bronco for two additional years (while it is pretty exclusive) would impact my level of happiness.

What would I do with the $20k? Up my budget from $60k to $65k to get an X5, and blow the rest on one-and-done Rolex I had my eyes on for a few years, that I never came to terms with getting. X5+Rolex vs Bronco...I'm still thinking maybe Bronco.

The main problem is that even if i took that $20k and upped my budget $ for $, there is no $80k vehicle out there that I would enjoy more than my $60k bronco. And I think that concept is what's driving a lot of results

Last edited:

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The main problem is that even if i took that $20k and upped my budget $ for $, there is no $80k vehicle out there that I would enjoy more than my $60k bronco. And I think that concept is what's driving a lot of results
That is really the answer to the last couple posts. Yes, you need to have some expendable cash to even have this conversation. But if you are in the game where you are dropping fifty grand for a toy, the value proposition is highly contingent on your enjoyment level. I have written another post about vehicles that make you feel good. It is different for everyone and I don't even know if this is going to be that vehicle for me. But I don't have that vehicle right now and if this turns out to be a car that I love, then parting with it will be valued against my life-enjoyment budget, not my car budget.

And I get that not everyone is pissing this money away. This car will be a daily driver for some or they might be getting rid of several vehicles to consolidate to this one covet item. It's different for everyone. And believe me, the scale has no bounds. There's always a bigger fish. There are people out there having the same discussion about half-million dollar boats (fewer people, I assume).

But if you can flip this rig for a few grand, then it is something that you have decided you can live without or that is low on your life-enjoyment list. That's cool. There's probably some other obscure shit that you value highly that not everyone else can relate to.

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Because if I was going into the Bronco purchase with investments in mind I'd spend $15k on a Toyota and get everything out of it the Bronco could do. The Bronco isn't an investment for me, I've wanted one since I was a kid and the compromise with my wife over a '71 is this is more practical.

So with that being said you wouldn't move me off the Bronco for under $50k. To add to this up until I saw the Raptor I was 100% in on finding a BL/FE for 10-20k over asking to get it early. Now that I've changed from my current BL reservation to waiting for the MY23 Raptor I'm not in the market to buy a second hand.

xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
50K as I have to report the cost basis to IRS and pay ~50% fed and state taxes on profit.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Active Duty Military...

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm telling you right now, if you want to pay me $20K over my costs to acquire my 2dr BD, it's yours. You pick up.

FastAndLight

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands, BMW M5, BMW 325iX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To cover sales tax, registration, etc, and pay for the 4Runner I'd buy while I wait.

To me, it has to be really compelling, otherwise I'll just keep waiting, and $50k is really compelling. Though I did only vote for $25k...because I'm not *that* rich.

Virtual-Chris

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This reminds me of that movie where a rich guy offers some dude a lot of money to sleep with his wife. Don’t tell my wife, but selling my Bronco would probably create more angst. :p

72BroncoSand

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco, 77 f-150, Jetta Tdi, 1ton
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Lol, right! I checked 15, but if the market would be there for 25+....lmao all the way to the bank!!!

People say ots day dreaming, but seeing the fever over these things, I would not be shocked at 15 over. Others say it is impossible... ok, whatever, I just saw a 72 sell for 95k.
I got a 72 hubba hubba
Sponsored