Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
After tax, title, fees, and other misc crap, that's not very much profit. I wouldn't.
In my state, tax is 4.15%. Tags are $65 and title is $15. That would leave over $43K profit on my build. I'd have to think about that pretty hard.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In my state, tax is 4.15%. Tags are $65 and title is $15. That would leave over $43K profit on my build. I'd have to think about that pretty hard.
The Bronco is probably about $64K, give or take. 7% tax in my state, so thats another almost 5K. After the fees from the auction and the additional tax at the end of the year, I could see MAYBE 10K profit.. On a vehicle I waited almost a year and a half for? Hard pass for me. Other states have different numbers though and may work out better.

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Pretty sure this guy was talking to the high bidder outside away from the auction people

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you park it in heated storage and don't put any miles on it, in 20 years you may be right. Maybe. But not assured. New Broncos may never be collectible. By the time they are, everyone will be driving alternate fuel vehicles anyway. (If people are even still actually driving vehicles.)

Also, many people buying Broncos are older. They may be dead before any regrets set in.
you can convert an ice engine pretty easily to hydrogen

toyota has a super nice internal combustion hydrogen race car.

hydrogen is the future, not plug-in electric. New hydrogen power is called solid state hydrogen, itā€™s put on something like a CD..a laser hits it and activates burnable hydrogen instantly ..so no more tanks. Itā€™s instant, so no charging if you are going to power your car via electricity ...it will be a tankless fuel cell.

you will no longer need gas stations or charging stations ..you just take the CD with you and insert for more miles, and exchange when you need new ones. Check out plasma kinetics, Toyota supposed to be in talks with them.

BTW...you must live in a big city...electric doesnt fly out in the country, also according To Ford, their numbers show the Bronco is a big hit with the under 40 crowd...same as Jeep.

It will be a long long time before a computer can rock climb on trails where the terrain is constantly changing, but I do agree these companies want you on a platform where the platform drives the car for you ..they donā€™t want you to control the vehicle, they really donā€™t want you to own the vehicle.

no thanks ..I seldom use cruise control As it is. I like the experience of driving but then again I donā€™t buy boring mundane vehicles if I can help it unless itā€™s for the wife šŸ¤£ And I Definitely want to own my vehicle.

Sponsored

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

you can convert an ice engine pretty easily to hydrogen

toyota has a super nice internal combustion hydrogen race car.

hydrogen is the future, not plug-in electric. New hydrogen power is called solid state hydrogen, itā€™s put on something like a CD..a laser hits it and activates burnable hydrogen instantly ..so no more tanks. Itā€™s instant, so no charging if you are going to power your car via electricity ...it will be a tankless fuel cell.

you will no longer need gas stations or charging stations ..you just take the CD with you and insert for more miles, and exchange when you need new ones. Check out plasma kinetics, Toyota supposed to be in talks with them.

BTW...you must live in a big city...electric doesnt fly out in the country, also according To Ford, their numbers show the Bronco is a big hit with the under 40 crowd...same as Jeep.

It will be a long long time before a computer can rock climb on trails where the terrain is constantly changing, but I do agree these companies want you on a platform where the platform drives the car for you ..they donā€™t want you to control the vehicle, they really donā€™t want you to own the vehicle.

no thanks ..I seldom use cruise control As it is. I like the experience of driving but then again I donā€™t buy boring mundane vehicles if I can help it unless itā€™s for the wife šŸ¤£ And I Definitely want to own my vehicle.
Okay, take away all I said about how we might drive in the future. Still can't see the case for 1 of 47,000(!) being a collectible rarity. How are those first model year C4 Corvettes working out for everyone? šŸ˜€

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Okay, take away all I said about how we might drive in the future. Still can't see the case for 1 of 47,000(!) being a collectible rarity. šŸ˜€
i understand and agree with you to a point, but Ford sold about 200,000 Gen 1...so you never know. Btw a 1970 cost about $2,179.00 new..what a freaking bumper costs now. In addition when 2023 model comes up i fully expect Ford to increase MSRP by $10,000. The price of regular stuff is just going nutty

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

At the Mecum auction in Chicago this Bronco owner got a bid for $85,000 and turned it down. What would you do?

20211029_115629.jpg
Yep, no question.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

but Ford sold about 200,000 Gen 1...so you never know
1965. How many years before they started going up in value? And how much cost was sunk into keeping said vehicle stored and running in good shape? Don't even get me started on restoration costs. Not very many mass produced vehicles will turn you a handsome profit.

Aviboy97

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Absolutely.
Take the cash and get back in line.
Sponsored