Would you want a V8 Bronco?

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
absolutely disgusted with the posts in this thread and agree with the other user who said the covid shot has atrophied everyones testicles

yes i want a V8 and if its a 2000 dollar option on the f150 it cant be that big of a deal for ford to figure this out.

Yall are NOT going to enjoy the electric future where suddenly there are no more ICE engines being offered and your ecoboob shits out. properly maintained NA v8 could last forever especially if legacy parts keep getting offered by ford or even 3rd parties
Sponsored

Last edited:

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4.0L V8 with 250 hp would be about perfect in my mind.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Diesel for me.................

Sponsored

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would have although they probably would jack the price to upwards of 80K- like what Jeep did with the Wrangler with the 392.
That was a pure cash grab, the Power Wagon has a lot more stuff (like a powertrain to go with the engine) and a 6.4 Hemi (NA) also and you can get one of those for mid 50's and even though it is a friggin 3/4 truck they get about the same mileage as the heep.

You can also only get the hemi on a fully loaded Jeep which doesn't help the pricing.

And the MPG with the V8- what would it have been- like 12? Or maybe it would actually be better? 17 is not good on the Sas- the most disappointing thing to me so far.
Real world my 190k mile 18yo V8 F-150 gets about the same mileage our non-sas Black Diamond is rated with a little less hp, more torque and more weight.

My lifted V8 swapped Ranger is right there too.

IMO the current Bronco offerings set the bar pretty low for MPG, I don't think a V8 would do much worse... assuming Ford had a suitable one to put in.

After driving a Coyote for an hour in a '150... I ain't in love with it. It is a car engine IMO. It might be better than a Bronco, I don't know.

'zilla would probably be a bit much...

Don't forget, the Bronco has a small tank so with a V8 you will pulling over every 200 miles to get gas. So NO V8 for me for me as I get 600 miles/tank on the Raptor before I need fill up.
Yeah, a Coyote F-150 with the big tank has pretty good legs too. They only get dinged a few mpg from an Ecoboost, not really an earthshattering difference.

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yes throw a 5.0 inside and call it a day

PartyMarty

Black Diamond
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Black Bear, 2009 VW Rabbit
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A mid-sized diesel would be awesome with plenty of low end torque and significantly better mpg’s would make the higher fuel costs and extra maintenance costs (def for example) worth it. As others have said, a NA v8 won’t get into the higher torque till well up into the engine rpm’s, and definitely worse city mpg’s (highway would be about the same as it still takes a lot of energy to overcome the brick-like aerodynamics).

Thankfully the 2.7L is diesel-like for gasoline prices in that is a very low end torqeuy engine.

And for those who say getting the Covid vaccine has taken our manhood bc we don’t want a grumbling shit mpg v8, as a wiseman once said, “real gangsta-ass n***as don’t flex nuts, cuz real gangsta-ass n***as know they got em.”

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry, the 12 mpg was just off the top of my head. I don't know what causes the hug dip in MPG, probably the toaster shape body doesn't help. All I know is if you get a 392 in a Jeep your not going to baby it, that 13 around town will be lower for sure.
You’re good! That was more of a “huh, is it really that bad” more than a, “huh, you don’t know what you’re talking about you stupid idiot.” Lol 😂

I didn’t know it was that low and you were pretty much dead in, nobody will average much over 14 if even that.

Sponsored

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes, absolutely the 2.7L is a dog and unfitting for a $50k vehicle.

An off-road open top and a V8 is a match made in heaven.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a V8 Bronco and I would want another one. Aside from maybe the 7.3 Godzilla I have little interest in modern V8s. Give me a all aluminum 351W and I'm good to go. 400-450HP without breaking a sweat.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sure if it comes with a manual, otherwise I will stick with the 2.3
Exactly what I want, a Mustang GT version of the Bronco.

Driving an eco-boost is a lot like driving a 1970 muscle car with a 4-barrel carb where the back barrels are 4 times the size of the front ones. It's an acquired skill.

Our eco-boost F-150 gets single digit mileage when merging onto the freeway, or in heavy traffic. About 21 on the freeway, and 27-28 on a section-line road (45-55 mph) if you hit all the lights green. I average about 20.6 mpg, the wife manages about 17.

Meanwhile the Expedition gets 17-17.5 no matter what, and it weights 2000 lbs more than the Truck.