First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Made a trip to the Ferrier today to get some new shoes installed on the Bronco. Went for the Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T in size LT255/85/R17. Really fills out the wheel wells on the non sas BD only 100 miles on them so far so not sure how big a hit I’ll end up taking in MPG. Had them set at 30psi until I get a chance to chalk test and they are definitely firmer than the grabbers but not horribly so. Only issue so far is trying to adjust the Speedo with forscan. No matter what I set from 2718 all the way up to 2850 it’s still showing 3-4 mph faster than actual speed. Even made sure to update all my software and drivers. Did the relearn on the PCM and AWD. No DTC’s showing but I just can’t find the right size to punch in. Am I missing a step somewhere?
Ford Bronco Tall and skinny tire time. IMG_4495

Ford Bronco Tall and skinny tire time. IMG_4493

Ford Bronco Tall and skinny tire time. IMG_4496
Sponsored

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great look. Tall and skinny IMO much better looking than big fat tires poking out way beyond where they have any right to be. Also much prefer having speedo read UNDER actual speed. I use my phone as heads up display for my real speed anyway. Not sure where you live but skinny tires +1 in snow

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Go much lower. I found 2589 (4% lower than the calculator) which was 2698 was the sweet spot for 285/75 and that’s 33.9. You’re at 34.6 (108.7”/2713mm). Try 2604.

I found it weird that Procal uses revs per mile instead of circumference.

Sponsored

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 2022 Bronco, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went with a 285/75/18 (Taller than Sasquatch Tires) on a +12 Polished Wheel. I also do not like the Tires to stick out past the Fender Flares.

EDIT: Tire pressure is set to 32/30.

Ford Bronco Tall and skinny tire time. IMG_0850

Ford Bronco Tall and skinny tire time. IMG_0852

Last edited:

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Made a trip to the Ferrier today to get some new shoes installed on the Bronco. Went for the Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T in size LT255/85/R17. Really fills out the wheel wells on the non sas BD only 100 miles on them so far so not sure how big a hit I’ll end up taking in MPG. Had them set at 30psi until I get a chance to chalk test and they are definitely firmer than the grabbers but not horribly so. Only issue so far is trying to adjust the Speedo with forscan. No matter what I set from 2718 all the way up to 2850 it’s still showing 3-4 mph faster than actual speed. Even made sure to update all my software and drivers. Did the relearn on the PCM and AWD. No DTC’s showing but I just can’t find the right size to punch in. Am I missing a step somewhere?

What are the measuring mounted? (Height)

OP
OP
Dover157

Dover157

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What are the measuring mounted? (Height)
Not sure, couldn’t find my tape measure when I got home lol. Will be checking that later today.

JZZ

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sweet made the same switch year and a half ago, you will probably see about 1 to 1.5 reduction in fuel economy if your counting but spm go way up. Ride wise definitely a little stiffer since it is a LT tire I noticed it most on any road that is washboard in the rear (perfect excuse to upgrade coilovers) road noise marginal change, as far as air pressure I settled on 32 if you do the calculation bases on weight I got 28 MT recommended 43 but when I did chalk test I was only using like 5 inches and at 32 it still was like 6.5 on 9.8 tire in closing no regrets would buy again just keep them rotated regularly
Ford Bronco Tall and skinny tire time. IMG_5722

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sweet made the same switch year and a half ago, you will probably see about 1 to 1.5 reduction in fuel economy if your counting but spm go way up. Ride wise definitely a little stiffer since it is a LT tire I noticed it most on any road that is washboard in the rear (perfect excuse to upgrade coilovers) road noise marginal change, as far as air pressure I settled on 32 if you do the calculation bases on weight I got 28 MT recommended 43 but when I did chalk test I was only using like 5 inches and at 32 it still was like 6.5 on 9.8 tire in closing no regrets would buy again just keep them rotated regularly
Ford Bronco Tall and skinny tire time. E5A30E42-C22D-4C1E-8526-B6EDBC72B3E0
Your Bronco looks good. Next, you need to address the front/rear bumpers. Raising the steps will also help.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I went with a 285/75/18 (Taller than Sasquatch Tires) on a +12 Polished Wheel. I also do not like the Tires to stick out past the Fender Flares.

EDIT: Tire pressure is set to 32/30.

Love the car art! Nice job.

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Very nice!

JZZ

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Your Bronco looks good. Next, you need to address the front/rear bumpers. Raising the steps will also help.
Yep totally agree just finished RCI skid plates rock sliders next then upgrade for coilovers rear bumper for sure no hurry on front if I ever f—- it up then

meckshome

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have been looking at these tires/size. Would it be possible to get a picture head on?
Sponsored