Sponsored

Tell me about Off Road Parks

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Some things you don't get out in the "wild" (this is at Rausch).

DSC01862.jpg

Without them we'd have nothing to wheel. Also private property places, like Blue Rocks Campground. Once or twice a year, they used to open up their property to MEB (MidAtl Early Bronco club).

They have a pretty cool glacier field. I dipped my toe into it one year, but didn't go too far as there was no other rig even close (I'm on mogs and 43's) that could get out to me if I got stuck (or worse broke) hard far from the edge. I'm sure you guys out west have this kind of stuff all over the place.

DSC01484.jpg
Sponsored

mcdoogs

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Ford Focus ST, 21 Mercedes Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yup. You just have to join some groups and go when a farm opens for a weekend. There also primative logging roads around, but mostly you need to go to nh and maine.
Vermont too, nh and vt have hundreds of miles of ‘class 4’ roads, which are basically unmaintained dirt tracks that any registered vehicle can drive on. They range from decent dirt roads to gnarly messes though so probably best to go with locals (or recovery equipment)

Last edited:

mcdoogs

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Ford Focus ST, 21 Mercedes Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm a recent transplant to RI (from MI and CA) and surprised at the lack of places to wheel around here.. very depressing as other area's I lived, I could drive 1/2hr to trailheads.
There are some dirt fire roads out in exeter in acadia state park, and old voluntown road turns into a rocky muddy mess going into ct

But yeah nothing really challenging at all. Have to go to vt/nh for that (or maybe western mass)

bodean

Base
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
76 Mini, 99 4Runner, 07 FJ Cruiser, 16 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wish I could teleport my Bronco to Banff Canada and go wheeling there amongst the Mounties
Trust me, you won’t find anywhere to wheel in Banff. If fact you won’t find many places to wheel in Alberta period.

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Vermont too, nh and vt have hundreds of miles of ‘class 4’ roads, which are basically unmaintained dirt tracks that any registered vehicle can drive on. They range from decent dirt roads to gnarly messes though so probably best to go with locals (or recovery equipment)
I’m planning on heading north for the class 4 roads when I get my Bronco. Our Roadeo guide said this is how he found most of his trails too. If you search youtube for nh or vt class 4 all kinds of goodness pops up.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In mass you can’t offroad anywhere. Exceptions are a few beaches and farms that open up to events now and then. You’re lucky.
A lot of guys head to New Hampshire for trail roads like you described.
Yeah, MA sucks for wheeling compared to AZ. I took my Taco out on the beach today, the only wheeling available within a few hours of me unless there is an offroad park (I haven’t looked yet).

2A6EBDB7-1FB9-4BD9-9902-0D8374B687EB.jpeg
Sponsored