First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Does anybody have a template to mount an amp in the B&O factory sub area?

I'm planning to remove the 8" sub and place my amp there. I'll have a 10 or 12" sub in a box in the cargo area.

There is a vendor that offers a premade amp rack for this spot, but I can't find that info.
Sponsored

longwoodknight

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands Area 51
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

JL724

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pictures?

I just got one from these guys. Really nice work and packaging. Actually using this to mount a kicker hideaway sub in that spot. This way I get a factory look and keep all of my storage space free.

Sponsored

Jawbox

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I just got one from these guys. Really nice work and packaging. Actually using this to mount a kicker hideaway sub in that spot. This way I get a factory look and keep all of my storage space free.
Post something when you do please! It's something I'm thinking about doing on mine as well!

longwoodknight

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Post something when you do please! It's something I'm thinking about doing on mine as well!
I have been keeping notes on what others have done to deal with vibration from the B&O sub, so the plan is not only to mount, but attempt to preemptively deal with the fall out of having a sub behind the plastic panel. This is the final part of my upgrades as I did the Kicker Key on the fronts and JBL sound Bar, with the PlugNPlay kit. I swapped the fronts to some Focal components, and overall the stereo is great now, just needs a little low end boost.

Jawbox

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have been keeping notes on what others have done to deal with vibration from the B&O sub, so the plan is not only to mount, but attempt to preemptively deal with the fall out of having a sub behind the plastic panel. This is the final part of my upgrades as I did the Kicker Key on the fronts and JBL sound Bar, with the PlugNPlay kit. I swapped the fronts to some Focal components, and overall the stereo is great now, just needs a little low end boost.
Oh, in that case, I've got a question for you! I honestly am not looking for much low end, I'd just like a little more clarity, a slight upgrade from my 6 speaker Big Bend. How do you feel right now with just the JBL and upgraded Fronts?

longwoodknight

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh, in that case, I've got a question for you! I honestly am not looking for much low end, I'd just like a little more clarity, a slight upgrade from my 6 speaker Big Bend. How do you feel right now with just the JBL and upgraded Fronts?
So the front speakers I have are pretty high end, an older version of the Focal ES 165kx2 (that I had from an older project). They hit really hard, actually had to do some sound deadening because of how hard they hit. The Sound bar also puts off some great punch, but it still is missing a little low end (im not looking for window shaking, just quality sound). When the top is up (I have a soft top 4dr) the stereo is near perfect, but when I put the top down, that is when I am really feeling the lack of low end. I have taken this project in phases. Phase one sound bar and speaker swap. Wasnt happy with the distortion from the radio above 12 in volume. Phase 2, Kicker Key with he plugnplay harness, brought the stereo to life, and got rid of distortion, plus can hear it at speed with the top down/windows down. I have drug my feet on this last step, as I didnt want to mount the Kicker Hideaway in a place that it is seen. Thought about tailgate mount, but the size of the unit looks strange on the tailgate, Then I found the mti acoustics site, and realized this would solve my issue. I am following the steps that someone posted on altering the panel, by removing the cubby with a Dremel plastic cut wheel, I have speaker fabric and 3m adhesive to make it look good, and a lot of dynamat and felt ready to make the panel not buzz from the subwoofer.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just got it Saturday. May try to install next weekend. I plan on documenting the whole project (dynamat, sub install, etc)
ever do this? interested in results!!

22Badskwatch

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just got it Saturday. May try to install next weekend. I plan on documenting the whole project (dynamat, sub install, etc)
I tried searching for your install photos and couldn't find anything - I'm looking for a solution to mount an amp, factory amp, and LOC in the space where the factory sub is - curious how yours worked out
Sponsored