Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All,

Thought I would share my horror story that I had with Dick Masheter Ford in Columbus OH.

I will try to make this short and sweet. I ordered my 4 door badlands through them back in March of this year and surprisingly it was built and at the dealership at the end of last week. Lucky me.

Once I heard my Bronco was at the dealership, I started going over the numbers with the salesman and noticed that the MSRP was 2K higher than the build I submitted (not including the weather protection they forced on me since its put on all custom orders apparently). Come to find out, they submitted my order with leather seats and not the vinyl that I requested. I reached out to the dealer about this and they said that it was Fords fault - they likely changed the order and were out of Vinyl. I call Ford up immediately and they said that's not the case and the order was submitted with the leather. I reach back out to my salesman and he said you can either take it or leave it and we will submit a new order when the order banks open. Wouldn't split it 50/50, nothing.

Up next, forced financing through them. Already pre-qualified through someone else but guess I can't do that. Take it or leave it.

Last but not least, when signing docs they hit me with an affidavit I had to execute stating I wont sell my car for the next two years - If I do I have to resell to them for the KBB price. If I don't, I get hit with a 10K damages fee. They stated that they have this signed on every sale so they can offer MSRP because how is it fair that someone else can buy and resell for a higher price tag. The absolute kicker, I found my Bronco listed on their website already for 10K over the MSRP on my sticker. I don't even plan to sell it but this was very shady.

What a joke of a dealership and I would have everyone steer clear. Consistently tried to force me out of my purchase so they can mark it up.
Losers
Sponsored

jb56

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Our saleslady said she's made more than ever as every car sells for MSRP and they go fast.
I think at least some Dealers are LOVING this. At least the dealers with desirable vehicles. If I buy my Bronco at MSRP and pay the doc fee and then trade in a vehicle, that is a HUGE win for the dealership with relatively little work compared to 2019.

pitviper68

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 camaro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
All,

Thought I would share my horror story that I had with Dick Masheter Ford in Columbus OH.
I live in Cbus since 1989 and have dealt with these Masheter jokers over on the east side in the past. they have always been shady. once they rounded my oil pan nut and i couldn't get it off the next time i changed my oil. dont ask me how they pulled that idiot move. i stopped going to them even tho i bought my f150 through them.

Ricart ford is the worst. The father and now the son are both not very honest brokers.

I decided to do my order with Mathews (now bought out by Couhglin) to avoid the scumbags in the greater columbus area.

djwils17

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4dr Badlands, Mercury Mariner, Audi A4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All,

I will try to make this short and sweet. I ordered my 4 door badlands through them back in March of this year and surprisingly it was built and at the dealership at the end of last week. Lucky me.

Once I heard my Bronco was at the dealership, I started going over the numbers with the salesman and noticed that the MSRP was 2K higher than the build I submitted (not including the weather protection they forced on me since its put on all custom orders apparently). Come to find out, they submitted my order with leather seats and not the vinyl that I requested. I reached out to the dealer about this and they said that it was Fords fault - they likely changed the order and were out of Vinyl. I call Ford up immediately and they said that's not the case and the order was submitted with the leather. I reach back out to my salesman and he said you can either take it or leave it and we will submit a new order when the order banks open. Wouldn't split it 50/50, nothing.

Up next, forced financing through them. Already pre-qualified through someone else but guess I can't do that. Take it or leave it.

Last but not least, when signing docs they hit me with an affidavit I had to execute stating I wont sell my car for the next two years - If I do I have to resell to them for the KBB price. If I don't, I get hit with a 10K damages fee. They stated that they have this signed on every sale so they can offer MSRP because how is it fair that someone else can buy and resell for a higher price tag. The absolute kicker, I found my Bronco listed on their website already for 10K over the MSRP on my sticker. I don't even plan to sell it but this was very shady.

What a joke of a dealership and I would have everyone steer clear. Consistently tried to force me out of my purchase so they can mark it up.
Send your info to Ford per this link:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/members/ford-motor-company.21911/

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn't. I financed at 84 months so I have no prepayment penalty and can just refi right away. I’ll send the “affidavit” to my lawyer to see if this is legit.

At this point I don’t want to give them the satisfaction of marking it up 10 grand and selling it to some poor sole.
Pay it off right away so they get the reserve charged back. Bet they said you can't pay off for at least 3 months? You refi now, the chances of any $$ made on financing from their lender will evaporate.

OP
OP

Tthoma1081

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I appreciate everyone's help on this - I will surely be reaching out to Fords customers service and will be refinancing ASAP. They don't deserve a dime from anyone's business.

Last time I deal with them.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No chance having to finance through them and a no sell clause is legal. I wouldve walked out. Principal alone. Scumbags.

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Screenshot_20220701-074059_Chrome.jpg

Yikes. That's a terrifying dealer experience! 😱

Most just charge ADM.

Sponsored

cracKen

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No way I buy anything under those conditions. The leather mistake- probably. The unethical/possibly illegal forced financing and no sell clause? Hell to the no.
My dealer forced leather seats on my order too. I noticed it before it was finalized and asked for it to be taken off. They said nope and that it had to come with it. I just consider it ADM but 2k and I was getting seats that were less hot during the summer, i just let it go. I’ll use it until the leather wears out and buy new katskins in 4-5 years.

The local Toyota dealership next to me just said 2k adm on all vehicles, period. So that’s why I didn’t fight it with the Bronco.

Jer

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands,2017 F350, 2023 F150L, 1976 K20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My thoughts exactly.
Run a DMV/Carfax report at the end of the agreement which would show if the title was transferred?

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
No chance having to finance through them and a no sell clause is legal. I wouldve walked out. Principal alone. Scumbags.
The problem with scumbag dealers is, you walking, gives them a $5k-10k victory, and you are back at square one.

sanger

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Land Rover LR4
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Another devils advocate post here…. You ordered the vehicle in March and they got it to you in three months, at quasi-msrp, while many many folks here have been waiting nearly two years for that same opportunity. By no means does this excuse really crappy behavior on their part, but as others have said, there are examples of way way worse behavior that some on this forum have experienced.

The leather was probably a mistake — what does that really gain the dealer — another 75 bucks of profit? All in, apart from the leather and including the financing premium and the BS weatherproofing,, you’re probably still less than $2k over MSRP and you have a bronco to YOUR SPECIFICATIONS within three months of ordering (again, apart from leather).

As to the indignity of the two year hold, I’ve seen this frequently with MSRP dealers on many hot vehicles including the new Corvette. There are undoubtedly better dealers out there, but all in, you really didn’t make out that bad.

Just my two cents.
Sponsored