First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Is anyone else experiencing the INSIDE of their Bronco rusting? Basically, any unpainted surface in my Bronco is covered in rust. I have never left the roof off in the rain or gone into deep water. I tried to have it covered by Ford but they rejected it under the corrosion warranty. If this isn't corrosion, I do not understand what corrosion is.

Ford Bronco Terrible Rust Throughout My Bronco Interior - How Did It Happen? IMG_7253
Ford Bronco Terrible Rust Throughout My Bronco Interior - How Did It Happen? IMG_7252

Ford Bronco Terrible Rust Throughout My Bronco Interior - How Did It Happen? IMG_7251

Ford Bronco Terrible Rust Throughout My Bronco Interior - How Did It Happen? IMG_7250

Ford Bronco Terrible Rust Throughout My Bronco Interior - How Did It Happen? IMG_7247

Ford Bronco Terrible Rust Throughout My Bronco Interior - How Did It Happen? IMG_7246

Ford Bronco Terrible Rust Throughout My Bronco Interior - How Did It Happen? IMG_7245
Sponsored

Sponsored

OJzBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX, Platinum Sequoia
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Is anyone else experiencing the INSIDE of their Bronco rusting? Basically, any unpainted surface in my Bronco is covered in rust. I have never left the roof off in the rain or gone into deep water. I tried to have it covered by Ford but they rejected it under the corrosion warranty. If this isn't corrosion, I do not understand what corrosion is.
Ford Bronco Terrible Rust Throughout My Bronco Interior - How Did It Happen? IMG_7245

are you running a meth lab out of your garage? But in all seriousness…. Pool chemicals or chlorine stored nearby?

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I haven't noticed anything like this on mine but I've seen plenty of dash and seat brackets like that on other Fords. You must live near the beach?

OP
OP
fwade4

fwade4

Black Diamond
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was at the beach for three weeks this past Summer and the second day there I noticed rust dripping from the soft top joints into the trunk. I didn't notice the rest of this until last month. I don't live near the ocean and do not have a pool. The pictures are - under both front seats, behind the steering column, the rear headrests and the soft top.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you have a leak that maybe has not been noticed? The only way it will rust is if there is moisture in the cabin. Some rust is normal but this seems a bit excessive for so new unless a leak of some kind.

Sponsored
OP
OP
fwade4

fwade4

Black Diamond
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do you have a leak that maybe has not been noticed? The only way it will rust is if there is moisture in the cabin. Some rust is normal but this seems a bit excessive for so new unless a leak of some kind.
Nope, there is no moisture smell my bronco seems to be sealed well. I have left the top down several nights over the summer but never in rain.

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wow - this is HIGHLY unusual. Especially those headrest posts. Just...wow.

But I can understand Ford's reaction of not covering it. So many different components are rusting in so many different locations on the vehicle that this almost certainly cannot be a "manufacturing defect". It just has to be some environmental force acting on the Bronco.

Man, I couldn't even begin to guess what. Even parking alongside the beach for 3 years wouldn't cause that much widespread rust.

If I were buying that vehicle and saw all that my first thought would be: "flood damage". Hurricane or deep water crossings.

I know you said you've never done that but you'll never convince a buyer that's true.

Tunagates

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ford Bronco Terrible Rust Throughout My Bronco Interior - How Did It Happen? 66EDC323-6ECF-4A22-98D8-3CEFF3960357
Ford Bronco Terrible Rust Throughout My Bronco Interior - How Did It Happen? 66EDC323-6ECF-4A22-98D8-3CEFF3960357

Do you live in East Palestine? Seriously.

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Based on your avatar picture, it looks like you painted your front grille white. Warranty voided for interior of the vehicle, lol :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored