Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I can imagine some dude like you a long time ago saying something like "them new fangled fuel injection cars will never be faster than a carbureted engine"

That's what you sound like to me. Maybe we should go back to 6V too. Hell why not mechanical ignition.
Mechanical ignition is what separates the men from the boys

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Anyone want a snow cone?

IMG_9909.jpeg

Sponsored

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

you mean the brand making actual technical achievements and lowering the cost of their product over time?
Their product is pretty bad. I’ve been in 3s, Ys, Ss, and Xs. The S is really nice. The rest are really quite cheap. Most Tesla owners that drive an EV 6 feel like they got ripped off by Tesla. Especially if they paid 15k for vaporware.

Tesla had a great charging network as a carrot, but they just sold it off so anyone has access to it now.

I get it - dude is a good salesman, even if he is morally bankrupt. But their cars are basically the cheap EV now…

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This thread is classic funny.

I personally would not want an electric car as my only car. As a short commuter car or a fun toy, sure. But they are too expensive for that IMHO.

As far as Tesla. I have little interest in them even if I were shopping for an electric car. Their supercharger network is swell and all, but I won't use it. I bring that up as it is a big selling point for them. However, Tesla's styling is either boring and uninspired (literally all their cars/crossovers) or absolutely stupid and ugly (cybertruck).

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I get it - dude is a good salesman, even if he is morally bankrupt. But their cars are basically the cheap EV now…
I'm starting to be convinced of that. I read an article today about how Kia and Hyundai are starting to do it better. I'm not saying I'll never go with an EV, but for sure not interested in a Tesla. I've driven one. Fast, yep. I don't need any other speeding tickets. I already had to retake my driver license test once when i was a stupid kid for getting too many of those. If an EV came out that could get 400 mile ACTUAL range I'd be on board. I feel currently, that range is past the point of diminishing returns though (weight of the battery needed outstrips efficiency).

rayhil67

Black Diamond
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sahara 2006 hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This thread is classic funny.

I personally would not want an electric car as my only car. As a short commuter car or a fun toy, sure. But they are too expensive for that IMHO.

As far as Tesla. I have little interest in them even if I were shopping for an electric car. Their supercharger network is swell and all, but I won't use it. I bring that up as it is a big selling point for them. However, Tesla's styling is either boring and uninspired (literally all their cars/crossovers) or absolutely stupid and ugly (cybertruck).
I agree, I have no interest in EV's (unless I was bequeathed one) But the cyber truck, everybody hates it, so ya I would take one. I had a H2 and still have a H3, and nothing is more fun then driving around rich lefty towns and getting flipped the bird by angry libs!!

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I agree, I have no interest in EV's (unless I was bequeathed one) But the cyber truck, everybody hates it, so ya I would take one. I had a H2 and still have a H3, and nothing is more fun then driving around rich lefty towns and getting flipped the bird by angry libs!!
I also don't get that mentality. I'm pissing people off by what I drive! YAY!

I drive what I like and what I want and more so now a days what I can afford (or more accurately what I feel is worth the money). I don't give two craps in a teakettle if others like it or not. It's what I like.

That said I had an H3 a long while back. The MPG sucked for the I5 but it was very comfortable and capable. The price also, a few years used at the time, was a quality buy. I miss(ed) it. I really liked it. The, now, ex-wife didn't so away it went. Such is life.

Sponsored

rayhil67

Black Diamond
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sahara 2006 hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I also don't get that mentality. I'm pissing people off by what I drive! YAY!

iTS CALLED SARCASM

sarcasm /sär′kăz″əm/

noun

1. A cutting, often ironic remark intended to express contempt or ridicule.
  2. A form of wit characterized by the use of such remarks.
    "detected a hint of sarcasm in his voice."
  3. A biting taunt or gibe, or the use of such a taunt; a bitter, cutting expression; a satirical remark or expression, uttered with scorn or contempt; in rhetoric, a form of irony; bitter irony.

I drive what I like and what I want and more so now a days what I can afford (or more accurately what I feel is worth the money). I don't give two craps in a teakettle if others like it or not. It's what I like.

I could not agree more with that statement, people need to mind there own and not worry about what others drive. As for the cybertruck, as I said I'm not a fan of EV's but if I had a extra 100 grand burning a hole in my pocket Id buy one No I'd buy a 2024 Dark horse Mustang. If i had 200k burning a hole in my pocket I'd get the Stang and the cybertruck. :D

That said I had an H3 a long while back. The MPG sucked for the I5 but it was very comfortable and capable. The price also, a few years used at the time, was a quality buy. I miss(ed) it. I really liked it. The, now, ex-wife didn't so away it went. Such is life.

That sucks about the H3, I bought my 06 in mid 07 was actually looking for a Wrangler and there was a gmc/hummer dealer right next store. they had over a dozen or so new 07's and several new 06's and one used 06 that had 9k miles on it. After a little back and forth I drove that used 06 off the lot for 20k. Today she has about 200k on her and has never had a major problem or let me sit. (amazing for a GM product)

When I bought my 2012 JK and the Bronco I considered trading/selling it but just could not do it, Now it has classic tags and it sit covered in driveway, I drive it to the grocery store every week
:)

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Their product is pretty bad. I’ve been in 3s, Ys, Ss, and Xs. The S is really nice. The rest are really quite cheap. Most Tesla owners that drive an EV 6 feel like they got ripped off by Tesla. Especially if they paid 15k for vaporware.

Tesla had a great charging network as a carrot, but they just sold it off so anyone has access to it now.

sounds personal