Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Soooo, is that a thank you to American Taxpayers that can't afford them yet are subsidizing them?
Let me know when Ford can receive an order, manufacture a vehicle to your spec, and deliver it to your house in under 4 weeks. I can't wait to see what the next revision of the affordable Tesla looks like with 48V front to rear.

Also just noticed the great irony in the second thread below this one:

Ford Bronco Tesla recalls over 2 million vehicles 1702601728239

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade ESV, Cherokee 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Let me know when Ford can receive an order, manufacture a vehicle to your spec, and deliver it to your house in under 4 weeks. I can't wait to see what the next revision of the affordable Tesla looks like with 48V front to rear.

Also just noticed the great irony in the second thread below this one:

1702601728239.png
Good reading for your "4-week" delivery:

https://consumerlemonlaw.org/news/tesla-lemon-law/

https://lemonlawcar.com/blog/tesla-model-3-lemon-law-problems-complaints-recalls/

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/tesla-is-buying-back-my-lemon-plaid.276776/

https://insideevs.com/news/461992/tesla-lemon-cars-loaners-us-norway/

https://www.theverge.com/2022/6/3/23153241/tesla-phantom-braking-nhtsa-complaints-investigation

No irony here................

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can imagine some dude like you a long time ago saying something like "them new fangled fuel injection cars will never be faster than a carbureted engine"

That's what you sound like to me. Maybe we should go back to 6V too. Hell why not mechanical ignition.

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is the equivalent of your iPhone updating overnight while you sleep.

Move along, excitable boys.

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I can imagine some dude like you a long time ago saying something like "them new fangled fuel injection cars will never be faster than a carbureted engine"

That's what you sound like to me. Maybe we should go back to 6V too. Hell why not mechanical ignition.
LOL, well "some dude like me" was replacing the "pill" in Crower Injectors because we didn't have a computer to flash in our Top Fuel Boats. Hated carbs then as I do now but with that said, I could probably still make them sing if need be. As far as ignition, I kinda like my Boyer Bransden in my BSA's and Triumphs. No need of a heavy ass battery.................

With that, "some dude like you" should never buy a used car without a mech warranty and forget buying a classic car or motorcycle. You would be clueless on even the basics.

Last edited:

BeerRunner

Badlands
First Name
LUKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Brand the Prius drivers with money, posers and virtue signalers flock to, who can't drive at all despite having more power than God ever wanted them to handle
You sound like an android user, the kind that doubles down on their decision despite all their family members have one. Am I wrong?

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

BeerRunner

Badlands
First Name
LUKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s good I’m usually wrong. I liken Teslas to iPhones, once you try one and see how intuitive and capable they are, you fall in love..part that is becoming a fan boy I guess. Tesla doesn’t spend any money on advertising because “we “do it for them. I was agnostic on Tesla until I got one at work and put several thousand miles on it. Also helps that of all 🇺🇸 car manufacturers, Ford and Tesla only ones that didn’t take the TARP taxpayer bailout. Try renting one and charging then try a different EV.. it’s like AndroidOS vs Apple iOS, different, yet similar, but one is clearly better, albeit at an initial cost.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

You sound like an android user, the kind that doubles down on their decision despite all their family members have one. Am I wrong?
Oh how ironic Android comes up in a Telsa discussion.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LOL, well "some dude like me" was replacing the "pill" in Crower Injectors because we didn't have a computer to flash in our Top Fuel Boats. Hated carbs then as I do now but with that said, I could probably still make them sing if need be. As far as ignition, I kinda like my Boyer Bransden in my BSA's and Triumphs. No need of a heavy ass battery.................

With that, "some dude like you" should never buy a used car without a mech warranty and forget buying a classic car or motorcycle. You would be clueless on even the basics.
Well, you picked a terrible example to call me out on. I spent the summer of 2001 unofficially working at a Honda dealer in Cookeville, TN during the day. In exchange for shop labor, the two mechanics there taught me how to wrench so I could work on my 1974 CB360. I learned to set mechanical ignition timing, valve clearance, carburetor synchronization, and plenty of other things I never want to do again. That led me to another 11 years of my life in motorcycling and probably a hundred or so track days once I got into sport bikes.

Bikes I've owned:
  • 1974 CB360
  • 2001 Honda Superhawk 996 (the super chicken wiht its pathetic fuel tank)
  • 2004 Honda 599
  • 2001 Honda CBR600F4i (finally done with those fucking carbs, dedicated track bike)
  • 2007 Triumph Daytona 675 (a steaming pile of shit that thew its timing chain off the crankshaft at 90mph)
  • 2003 Suzuki SV650S (best track bike ever)
  • 2003 Yamaha R6 (Yamaha master cylinders are horrendous)
  • 2001 Yamaha FZ1 (zzzzz.....boring, no soul)
  • 2011 CBR600RR (the last one, before children, sold in 2016 with 49,000 original miles by me)
Bikes I've spent some time fixing:
  • 74 KZ400 Twin
  • 71 CL360 Scrambler
  • 72 CB350 Twin
  • 69 Kawasaki H1
  • 81? CM400A
  • 2003 Buell XB9S Lightning
  • Ducati 906 Paso
  • 94 Yamaha FZR1000
Ya know what I wouldn't do now? Restore a classic Japanese motorcycle again. All the NOS parts are gone, all the rubber is dry rotting, and I'd rather USE my stuff then spend any amount of time to troubleshoot it. If only someone was revolutionizing how the components of a machine functioned to make diagnosis easier by shedding legacy electronics and massive wiring harnesses. I wonder who's doing that?

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Well, you picked a terrible example to call me out on. I spent the summer of 2001 unofficially working at a Honda dealer in Cookeville, TN during the day. In exchange for shop labor, the two mechanics there taught me how to wrench so I could work on my 1974 CB360. I learned to set mechanical ignition timing, valve clearance, carburetor synchronization, and plenty of other things I never want to do again. That led me to another 11 years of my life in motorcycling and probably a hundred or so track days once I got into sport bikes.

Bikes I've owned:
  • 1974 CB360
  • 2001 Honda Superhawk 996 (the super chicken wiht its pathetic fuel tank)
  • 2004 Honda 599
  • 2001 Honda CBR600F4i (finally done with those fucking carbs, dedicated track bike)
  • 2007 Triumph Daytona 675 (a steaming pile of shit that thew its timing chain off the crankshaft at 90mph)
  • 2003 Suzuki SV650S (best track bike ever)
  • 2003 Yamaha R6 (Yamaha master cylinders are horrendous)
  • 2001 Yamaha FZ1 (zzzzz.....boring, no soul)
  • 2011 CBR600RR (the last one, before children, sold in 2016 with 49,000 original miles by me)
Bikes I've spent some time fixing:
  • 74 KZ400 Twin
  • 71 CL360 Scrambler
  • 72 CB350 Twin
  • 69 Kawasaki H1
  • 81? CM400A
  • 2003 Buell XB9S Lightning
  • Ducati 906 Paso
  • 94 Yamaha FZR1000
Ya know what I wouldn't do now? Restore a classic Japanese motorcycle again. All the NOS parts are gone, all the rubber is dry rotting, and I'd rather USE my stuff then spend any amount of time to troubleshoot it. If only someone was revolutionizing how the components of a machine functioned to make diagnosis easier by shedding legacy electronics and massive wiring harnesses. I wonder who's doing that?
Ha, good for you. Outside of HD's (I'm a sucker for Rigid Springers) the only Japanese motorcycle I ever owned is on your list, the Kawa H1 Mark III. Some idiot centerpunched a car so I bought it from the Insurance company, kept the engine, carbs and throttle and put it in a Rigid Sonic Weld Roller I had. Welded up some expansion chambers and a friend of mine raced the Sac Mile and cycle bowl with it. It was stupid fast (that's why they called them the Widowmaker) and he ended up buying it, . I am in to old brit dirt, BSA's and Triumph's (pre 70) and run Boyer elec's, no muss, no fuss as they have a couple of wires, no battery and just work (so much for legacy elec's and massive wiring harness). My current is a 64 441 in a B50 frame, Rickman magnesium hubs, mud catcher alum rims, custom tank's (oil and gas) and it fires up every time and is easy to get parts for though they don't break. Most of all its a lot of fun to ride.

Problem now is the average care has what, 2,000 legacy micro chips and I remember the days of Intel mother boards with bad chips and caps.
Sponsored