First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I thought it was a joke when I first saw the video. But I’m so glad Tesla is doing this. Car design has been so boring for decades and with this it really blows open the doors for other car manufacturers to be more creative and innovative with their design, like in the 50’s and 60’s when cars were a lot more fun and unique, instead of making them all look like the same boring piece of crap.
I honestly agree. The front end looks absolutely incredible, might be my favorite front end of any car ever. (Especially the cyclops headlight and light bar; badass)I just hate the back. Looks terrible.
Sponsored

DaBoss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Maybe someone with more knowledge of the auto industry than myself will know- but how will that headlight be street-legal? The brights are above the windshield as well; also a single LED light bar. No mirrors? And even though the glass broke during the on stage test, aren't windows supposed to be able to break in the event of emergency situations? On the same note, jaws of life will have one hell of a time cutting those A, B, and C pillars with the cold rolled steel or whatever it is.

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Maybe someone with more knowledge of the auto industry than myself will know- but how will that headlight be street-legal? The brights are above the windshield as well; also a single LED light bar. No mirrors? And even though the glass broke during the on stage test, aren't windows supposed to be able to break in the event of emergency situations? On the same note, jaws of life will have one hell of a time cutting those A, B, and C pillars with the cold rolled steel or whatever it is.
As far as I can tell...It won't be. There's a bunch of stuff that isn't street legal on this. Headlights and mirrors as you mentioned, also I don't see a center high stop lamp anywhere. Definitely some changes will be needed before the final production version.

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It's a head turner for sure.

Capability sounds fantastic, and price is lower than I expected.

The styling. Well, I appreciate that they were trying to be functional, and bold, but even if I was willing to drive around in one, my wife said no to riding shotgun in one, so...

Last edited:

Sponsored

PAPA old school

Base
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 bronco. 2018 chevy z71
Your Bronco Model
Base
introductory pricing is always far lower than actual production models. even the early broncos leaks were hinted at the 25 to 30k pricing, as it gets closer to production it has almost doubled.

Really didn't get turned on by the tesla, although some of the stats were pretty interesting. I paid 65k for fuel for delivery trucks last year, this would not replace all of them but a couple of 1/2 tons might get a look at.

Evanm14

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5, Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

According to a recent Tweet by Elon Musk, this is what the Cybertruck will now look like. He mentioned the following changes so far (1) Lower windowsills, (2) bed will be shorter by 3% and (3) it will have a more center line. Do you Bronco folks like this?
Ford Bronco Tesla Cybertruck EVwqQASXYAAZSri

Sponsored

Colorado buff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner 2000, Mini Cooper convertible
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I honestly agree. The front end looks absolutely incredible, might be my favorite front end of any car ever. (Especially the cyclops headlight and light bar; badass)I just hate the back. Looks terrible.
Agree I like the front end. The rest meh...
Sponsored