First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ugly or not. As long as it stand out in the crowd it is a good vehicle.
I want one just because it has 800+HP and 10,000+ LB-FT of torque. Yes, 10K+ of torque.... wow
Sponsored

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
If it's a Volvo, didn't they promise that all ICE vehicles they build after a certain date will be retrofittable for EV?

Some of us need to travel 600+ miles in a single day at interstate speeds through the mountains in winter just to see the grandkids. And one direction it is 1500 miles in 2 days. On the Bronco we ate stopping twice in 600 miles, in our X4 just once. And each stop is less than 5 minutes. Give me an EV that can do the same, full fillup from 10% to 100: in 5 minutes or 750e range and 15 minute full charge and I might bite. Otherwise EVs are great commuter cars.
I just drove from NC to our winter home in Miami. We stopped kinda halfway (St Augustine FL) to spend Thanksgiving with the in-laws. The Bronco stayed home, we took the Tesla. Much more practical, a ton more space to move a bunch of stuff for us and 2 dogs, etc. Required charging stops were about 15 minutes (plus a few more minutes because I still like to have some buffer, don't really trust the process 100%) Most times I had to hurry to avoid idle fees because even at our quickest stops, we walk the dogs, then go to the restroom and 15/20 minutes go by quick. If we are having lunch, then I set the car to charge to 100% but it's not really necessary.

Surfnbike

First Name
Mahtayo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
There's not much for serious spots here on Oahu but I've taken it offroad on some modest sandy and rocky trails up on the North Shore and suffice to say it's performed to my liking. Took the truck when I had 2" level kit on the same trails and the 6" obviously provides for better clearance and ride comfort. I don't need to drop thousands more on a kit that will spend majority of it's time on pavement. Can't wait to get the RC 2" coilover kit installed on the wife's Bronco though.
Dude I gotta say your F150 looks bad ass! Makes me miss my 2018 F150 crew cab. Is that a 6.5' bed?

Sorry for derailing the thread, let the cyber-bashing continue. BTW I've noticed in my old age that the more people hate on something as innocuous as a competing vehicle is because, well, it's a competing vehicle. When vehicle B starts competing with vehicle A, then the guys who own vehicle A will pick apart vehicle B and complain about all it's shortcomings; it's an all too common psychological behavior resembling brand/model myopia.

Although the Cybertruck may not compete with the Bronco head on, it does in a sense compete for the "look at me" factor that the Braptor buyers have. Both have big wheels, a polarizing appearance. But mostly it will be competing with the 4-door crew cab short beds of the world in the full size and mid-size segment, trucks that are the majority of the sales. Tesla isn't going for the guys that tow gigantic triple axle 5th wheel trailers or car carrier trailers--Tesla is starting production of a product engineered for that already, namely the Tesla Semi.

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can't wait to start seeing these everywhere lol.. absolutely Ludacris design.. just part of the fun.
I agree. More exciting compared to the current market flooded with cookie cutter crossovers. The new Prius is quite a looker too. Sleek wedge.

Jawaburger

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2 Door, Manual, Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Then you obviously don't want an off-road vehicle. Not sure why you bought a Bronco to begin with. A Cybertruck is the farthest thing from a Bronco. Steering by wire and batteries will do you zero good off-roading.
I'm quite certain that a vast majority of Broncos sold will never see any serious off-roading, same with Jeeps.

Sponsored

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘16 Corvette Z51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Watched the Hagerty video on the cybertruck. It was interesting!
The drive by wire and new battery tech is most interesting.
The looks and utility are divisive as we all know but the re engineering that went into this is impressive .
Yes it is a great video!

Jason and Randy are awesome.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Then you obviously don't want an off-road vehicle. Not sure why you bought a Bronco to begin with. A Cybertruck is the farthest thing from a Bronco. Steering by wire and batteries will do you zero good off-roading.
bought my Bronco purely for aesthetics and have zero intentions of ever going off-road with it. I've mentioned that several times here before...Badlands with Sasquatch too.

Dorf2point0

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer, 2005 Explorer, 2013 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

No thanks … Keep your cyper nightmares.. Go through a stream one time.. 🔥

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ugly or not. As long as it stand out in the crowd it is a good vehicle.
I want one just because it has 800+HP and 10,000+ LB-FT of torque. Yes, 10K+ of torque.... wow
I am going to disagree with you on that first statement. Just because it "stands out" does not make it a good "vehicle." There are plenty of crap modified cars out there. Just because it is "different" does not mean it is adding anything to the zeitgeist nor daily life.

The numbers are cool, and I agree they are awesome, but it just a toy or a short commuter. So as long as people can acknowledge those facts then rock it if you like it.

I don't like it, but I would get it as a commuter and toy, but only if it were priced sensibly. ~$35k for a 4wd version.

Last edited:

Obeh4ve

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBA Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
As someone who purchased and drove a Model 3 while waiting for my first Bronco and Maverick, had a Cybertruck reservation, and am generally a fan of Tesla and EVs......the Cybertruck is a fucking joke.

A literal fucking joke.

Give me a lightning any day of the week.

But give me an F-150 with a 5.0 Coyote everyday of the week, and twice on Sundays.
Or maybe a Bronco with a Coyote. https://www.ford.com/bronco/bronco-dr/

Sponsored

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

All I can say (well I have and could say more) is Musk spent too much money buying and renaming Twitter as X that he could not afford an actual vehicle designer and built the concept from a tube of TinkerToys hence the straight lines without any curves. Makes recent Cadillacs look sexy.

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade ESV, Cherokee 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Unfortunately, the Great American Road Trip will be a thing of the past.....by design.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
EVs have changed the traditional drag racer mind to hope for a cannonball run :ROFLMAO:
If the cannonball run is cross-country, it will be years-lots of them-before there are enough chargers throughout the country to support electric vehicles
Sponsored