Sponsored

Is Anyone Actually Excited For The Cybertruck?

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No, it ugly.

Sponsored

brkdncr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yeah I’m excited. Tesla pushed the EV industry forward, for better or for worse. I don’t think they are going to accomplish anything with the CT but I respect that they put something to market.

Im way more excited for the smaller rivian R2 and whatever the R3 is going to be.

PaBronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2022 F-150 Lightning Pro
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I wonder how much mud can pack in behind that gap between the wheel cover and the wheel.
(1 min. mark in video)

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

And we thought we had to wait a long time for our Broncos... Wasn't this supposed to come out like 4 years ago?

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think @Rick Astley will agree - everyone who owns or wants a Rivian will literally give their pocket protector for a Cybertruck.

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think that thing is butt ugly but I respect what Elon is trying to do. A lot of folks thing the whole EV thing is a sham...like it or not, there is only so much oil in the ground and its going to wind down in the not too distant futur.

China is not going to stop wasting it on making ship loads worthless plastic crap to fill dollar stores with so we need people like Elon to push the boundaries on renewable energy.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No. EVs aren't viable to replace >90% of the vehicles yet. The battery tech isn't there yet and taking all of these metals out of the earth now is completely irresponsible.

"But they have to prove it's exonomically viable and make baby steps!"

No, they're already funded by the government so just have the governments fully fund the research, stop making Musk richer, and when the tech is ready license it to manufacturers!!! [Or give it away for free to the people who funded it?]

Everyone buying an EV now is doing more long-term damage to the environment than driving a gas engine.

Stop transporting everything across the oceans with ships that pollute far more than all of the cars combined and everyone who can physically work from home should be.

Nobody wants to fix problems in a government because then why would people need them?

The Cyber Truck is the biggest "let them eat cake" stunt.

CM81

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm excited for it. Sometimes it's fun to see the end result of a terrible idea that wasn't mine. It's one of the ugliest looking vehicles I have ever seen and makes me want to rewatch Bladerunner.
Sponsored