Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco & 2006 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Howdy, had my Bronco for just over a year and finally went to a Bronco Off-Rodeo event. Figured I share some of the photos and videos from the Texas Bronco Off-Rodeo during late December last year. Ace was there along with Lucky Luke who rode along with me in the lead Bronco Badlands 2-door hard top of our group. If you happen to go solo, being in the lead vehicle with the guide was great! Well worth the trip to Texas in December if anyone is interested for next year.

These are the nice pictures you can purchase that I was able to get at a slight discount the day of without a preview:

1C4A7563.jpg

1C4A7740.jpg

1C4A7799.jpg

IMG_0562.jpg

IMG_1108.jpg

IMG_4491.jpg

IMG_4735.jpg
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's a great picture of the Texas 2-Step. One of the few that I have seen that truly capture how vertical that rock ledge really is.

And it looks like the spotter for that green moar door didn't listen very well. He was supposed to be standing behind those rocks.

Gypsy

Badlands
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Howdy, had my Bronco for just over a year and finally went to a Bronco Off-Rodeo event. Figured I share some of the photos and videos from the Texas Bronco Off-Rodeo during late December last year. Ace was there along with Lucky Luke who rode along with me in the lead Bronco Badlands 2-door hard top of our group. If you happen to go solo, being in the lead vehicle with the guide was great! Well worth the trip to Texas in December if anyone is interested for next year.

These are the nice pictures you can purchase that I was able to get at a slight discount the day of without a preview:

Ford Bronco Texas Bronco Off-Rodeo Christmas 2023 100000978

We are going to Texas Rodeo on March 25th. Loved your pictures and video, looks like you had a great time, so much fun. We have done some off roading with our Jeep but are registering as newbies with the Bronco. We have owned Jeeps for years, just sold a 2012 Rubicon to buy the Bronco.

I have a question if you don't mind. Did you stay at the Horseshoe Bay Inn? It's close so we thought come a day early relax and get up for the event. Don't know much about Austin but am checking into it. Thank you.

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a question if you don't mind. Did you stay at the Horseshoe Bay Inn? It's close so we thought come a day early relax and get up for the event. Don't know much about Austin but am checking into it. Thank you.
The wife and I had went in October and stayed at the resort and drove ourselves to the Off-Rodeo instead of taking the shuttle. Marble Falls is just a bit further east and has some cheaper hotel options that are well within driving range too. There are also plenty of vacation rentals nearby as too.

If you are planning on a trip and spending a few days in the area then there are plenty of things to do in Austin. But if you are a wine drinker I would recommend a stay in Fredericksburg, Texas wine country. You probably don't want to spend the night there the night before the rodeo but it is worth a visit.

Gypsy

Badlands
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The wife and I had went in October and stayed at the resort and drove ourselves to the Off-Rodeo instead of taking the shuttle. Marble Falls is just a bit further east and has some cheaper hotel options that are well within driving range too. There are also plenty of vacation rentals nearby as too.

If you are planning on a trip and spending a few days in the area then there are plenty of things to do in Austin. But if you are a wine drinker I would recommend a stay in Fredericksburg, Texas wine country. You probably don't want to spend the night there the night before the rodeo but it is worth a visit.
Thank you for the information. Checked out Austin, lot of restaurants, music, shops, bbq's, etc. We will rent a car. Seems 3-4 days should be enough.

Thanks again.

OP
OP
jcpyromechanic

jcpyromechanic

Wildtrak
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thank you for the information. Checked out Austin, lot of restaurants, music, shops, bbq's, etc. We will rent a car. Seems 3-4 days should be enough.

Thanks again.
Nice, looks like you got some additional info already! I was going to stay at the Hidden Falls Adventure Park in Marble Falls nearby the night after and use the deep sleep setup in the back of my bronco while camping there before testing some light off-roading skills in my own Bronco, but returned to Houston for holiday gatherings instead. Weather the weekend before was great for camping, but a little chilly for my liking the weekend I went. Was able to stay near Boerne, TX with family the night before and had about an hour drive to get there in the morning.

NiceBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We went to BOR Nevada but I’d like to go again. Was so much fun and I’d go again to another site.

Great pics of BOR Texas.

Gypsy

Badlands
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice, looks like you got some additional info already! I was going to stay at the Hidden Falls Adventure Park in Marble Falls nearby the night after and use the deep sleep setup in the back of my bronco while camping there before testing some light off-roading skills in my own Bronco, but returned to Houston for holiday gatherings instead. Weather the weekend before was great for camping, but a little chilly for my liking the weekend I went. Was able to stay near Boerne, TX with family the night before and had about an hour drive to get there in the morning.
How do you like the Deep Sleep set up? We have been looking at it but haven't pulled the trigger on it yet.

Sponsored
OP
OP
jcpyromechanic

jcpyromechanic

Wildtrak
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How do you like the Deep Sleep set up? We have been looking at it but haven't pulled the trigger on it yet.
Howdy, I pulled the trigger on my deep sleep setup right before my trip to New Hampshire last summer. Went with my dog and basically saved the cost of the setup on having no hotel bills and/or pet fees. I like using both as a pair so it doesn't slide around when using only one. Recommend using a top cover if you have a large dog like mine. I tried it out without a cover at first before going and Teddy made a couple tear marks in one but didn't affect function thanks to the foam cushion layer. I have a sleeping bag cover for an old air mattress that works well. Now that he's used to it he doesn't move around as much either.
I got the fan and claymore light/ARC battery knock off by GearAID from them as well. Works great together all night long. I plan on making some vents using gutter leaf cover material like another thread mentions on here for better air flow minus the mosquitos while sleeping too ;-)
As far as comfort, it's pretty darn comfortably to me. Got good sleep and felt rested in the mornings. I got their leveling pads, but seems like there is still a slight downward tilt. I'm 6' tall and can stretch my legs but end up sliding down throughout the night. Don't know if that's any better if you have the pull out tailgate table option from factory like I would have wanted for a flatter sleeping surface 🤔. You will want to have extra pillows or luggage bags that can fit in the space created between the front seats and folded down back row so the top of the bed has support where you rest your head. Wish they had custom cushions for that part, but I just stuffed a few throw pillows in there. You will have almost no storage room with the front seats all the way forward and both beds setup in the back. I traveled towing a small trailer for all my gear that worked out very well since I have a soft top and no rack storage, etc.

Gypsy

Badlands
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Howdy, I pulled the trigger on my deep sleep setup right before my trip to New Hampshire last summer. Went with my dog and basically saved the cost of the setup on having no hotel bills and/or pet fees. I like using both as a pair so it doesn't slide around when using only one. Recommend using a top cover if you have a large dog like mine. I tried it out without a cover at first before going and Teddy made a couple tear marks in one but didn't affect function thanks to the foam cushion layer. I have a sleeping bag cover for an old air mattress that works well. Now that he's used to it he doesn't move around as much either.
I got the fan and claymore light/ARC battery knock off by GearAID from them as well. Works great together all night long. I plan on making some vents using gutter leaf cover material like another thread mentions on here for better air flow minus the mosquitos while sleeping too ;-)
As far as comfort, it's pretty darn comfortably to me. Got good sleep and felt rested in the mornings. I got their leveling pads, but seems like there is still a slight downward tilt. I'm 6' tall and can stretch my legs but end up sliding down throughout the night. Don't know if that's any better if you have the pull out tailgate table option from factory like I would have wanted for a flatter sleeping surface 🤔. You will want to have extra pillows or luggage bags that can fit in the space created between the front seats and folded down back row so the top of the bed has support where you rest your head. Wish they had custom cushions for that part, but I just stuffed a few throw pillows in there. You will have almost no storage room with the front seats all the way forward and both beds setup in the back. I traveled towing a small trailer for all my gear that worked out very well since I have a soft top and no rack storage, etc.
Thank you so much for all the information you provided. We also have a canvas top and plan to get a tailgate tent to store our supplies in and sleep in the back of the Bronco. We are going out west to visit a few of the National Parks for several weeks camping. New experience for me and my husband hasn't done any camping in decades. Should be interesting for this old couple (him 66, me 72). Funny we still feel young inside, age hasn't stopped us so far.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I stayed at the Horseshoe last March and wouldn't again. The room was ok (it's old and a bit beaten down), the breakfast buffet was very good but expensive. However, somehow the $275/night I was quoted became $780+ by the time I checked out for two nights (I paid for the buffet separately, with the coupon it still cost me over $35 for me and my brother somehow), and when I tried to figure out the billing (it was a shell game on paper and the guy refused to print out the first day of billing at all, seriously), the guy literally looked over my shoulder and started talking to the person in line behind me. It's not worth $275 IMO, certainly not almost $400/night. Marble Falls and Llano are not that far away, and the shuttle restricts your options. YMMV.

Oh yeah, the Off Rodeo property is owned and the Off Rodeo itself is half owned by the same family that owns/runs the Horseshoe. The Off Rodeo staff and facilities are good and enjoyable, but some of it left me feeling a little hosed and manipulated. The whole trip cost $1500 for what was supposed to be a "free" ticket (I paid for my brother).

I would also avoid Cedar Park, it's a little ghetto (we had an armed guard and locked doors at our Hampton Suites in November). Round Rock is nice. Georgetown is nice. Both as well as Austin are kinda expensive too. Look around, and call instead of booking online. Sometimes if you simply call they'll give you a better rate, a lot of the motels don't like paying the online booking fees.

Last edited:

Gypsy

Badlands
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I stayed at the Horseshoe last March and wouldn't again. The room was ok (it's old and a bit beaten down), the breakfast buffet was very good but expensive. However, somehow the $275/night I was quoted became $780+ by the time I checked out for two nights (I paid for the buffet separately, with the coupon it still cost me over $35 for me and my brother somehow), and when I tried to figure out the billing (it was a shell game on paper and the guy refused to print out the first day of billing at all, seriously), the guy literally looked over my shoulder and started talking to the person in line behind me. It's not worth $275 IMO, certainly not almost $400/night. Marble Falls and Llano are not that far away, and the shuttle restricts your options. YMMV.

Oh yeah, the Off Rodeo property is owned and the Off Rodeo itself is half owned by the same family that owns/runs the Horseshoe. The Off Rodeo staff and facilities are good and enjoyable, but some of it left me feeling a little hosed and manipulated. The whole trip cost $1500 for what was supposed to be a "free" ticket (I paid for my brother).

I would also avoid Cedar Park, it's a little ghetto (we had an armed guard and locked doors at our Hampton Suites in November). Round Rock is nice. Georgetown is nice. Both as well as Austin are kinda expensive too. Look around, and call instead of booking online. Sometimes if you simply call they'll give you a better rate, a lot of the motels don't like paying the online booking fees.
Thank you and you are so right. We decided to stay at Marble Falls. We are only going for a few days. Plan to relax and see Austin, that's about it. It is expensive between flights, rooms, etc. I would like to do the girls Rodeo but I don't see that happening as it will be quite expensive.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you and you are so right. We decided to stay at Marble Falls. We are only going for a few days. Plan to relax and see Austin, that's about it. It is expensive between flights, rooms, etc. I would like to do the girls Rodeo but I don't see that happening as it will be quite expensive.
Austin can be a lot of fun. Ignore Sixth Street unless smelly college bars is your thing. South Congress is cool (Vespaio has pretty good Italian and Magnolia Cafe a good breakfast, Home Slice used to have good pizza but it's been a while, and there are some famous food trucks). Terry Blacks, County Line, Franklin and Iron Works are all good BBQ, although Lockhart is the home of the famous Central Texas BBQ and a cool town too. Austin also has some very good karaoke bars with professional singers in the rotation.
Sponsored