First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
How are the tent camping options around there and did you have a few in your group do so? I live less than 3 hours from Horseshoe Bay, but reckon an overnight trip when I go. Any insight you care to share is very much appreciated by fellow Texas Bronco drivers....even if it's a long story.
Sponsored

USMCAg

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
And as far as avoiding 6th Street (or Austin in general...known throughout most of Texas as Soddom and Gomorrah), just ask an Aggie. Best stay rural, although stop in Lockhart if you can.... great people and great food ...the best of everything.

USMCAg

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Stupid question for those that have been to the Texas OffRodeo, but do they have manual Broncos or are they all automatics? Any input is much appreciated.

OP
OP
jcpyromechanic

jcpyromechanic

Wildtrak
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco & 2006 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Stupid question for those that have been to the Texas OffRodeo, but do they have manual Broncos or are they all automatics? Any input is much appreciated.
Howdy, only automatics when I went. They had swapped out most of their earlier broncos for newer model ones shortly before I went late last year. I wish they had manuals, but don't see many courses/classes open to the public offering that anyone.

I haven't actually stayed yet, but Hidden Falls Adventure Park in Marble Falls has camping/tent sites. For primitive camp site it is $15/night with $50 overnight Park fee required that let's you use all the trails. They also have sites with water and electrical hookups for a bit more. I got a rain check and plan on going back once the weather is better.

USMCAg

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Howdy, only automatics when I went. They had swapped out most of their earlier broncos for newer model ones shortly before I went late last year. I wish they had manuals, but don't see many courses/classes open to the public offering that anyone.

I haven't actually stayed yet, but Hidden Falls Adventure Park in Marble Falls has camping/tent sites. For primitive camp site it is $15/night with $50 overnight Park fee required that let's you use all the trails. They also have sites with water and electrical hookups for a bit more. I got a rain check and plan on going back once the weather is better.
Excellent. I appreciate it sir

Sponsored

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When we went in October, they had exactly one manual Bronco on the property... the one on display with all the gear.

53263952001_a83d058738_c.jpg

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

When I went back in 22 I had Luke as my guide as well.

I will say that the weekend I planned the Horseshoe wanted over 1200 a night...I stayed at a place in town for far less and was able to go to the HEB for anything I needed. Glad you had a good time.

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When I went back in 22 I had Luke as my guide as well.

I will say that the weekend I planned the Horseshoe wanted over 1200 a night...I stayed at a place in town for far less and was able to go to the HEB for anything I needed. Glad you had a good time.
Luke was one of the guys for our class too, they split us in half and we actually had Nick for the driving portion.

We stayed in Marble Falls, Motel 6 was decent enough and 7/11 across the parking lot had really good breakfast tacos made to order.
Sponsored