First Name
Irv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco,F150,Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Man, I hate to have to make this thread. I 100% get the frustration and disappointment, it’s upsetting to not know when we are getting our rides. But I think that stepping back for a little bit of perspective on this whole thing can help people soothe their minds a little bit. Why are we so upset? It’s because Ford did such a damn good job with designing this rig. They could’ve EASILY taken the Bronco name, thrown it on the Sport, and said “Hey we did better than Chevy with the Blazer didn’t we?” They could’ve done a rebadged Ford Everest too. They could’ve done kind of a mix of an Everest and the Bronco that we got that would be more like a 4Runner.

But they didn’t. They went balls to the wall, and gave us the Bronco that probably 95% of us that are still here wanted. They one upped Jeep, made the roof easier to remove and lighter, and added the middle roof panel. They added Sasquatch on all trims. V6 on all trims. They could’ve done a standard launch over reservations, where dealerships would’ve had literal fistfights over Broncos as soon as they arrived. And right now, Ford is literally paying the price for being a bit too innovative with providing the vehicle we didn’t know we wanted. They have dumped BILLIONS of dollars into Bronco, and so far their return has been a few million dollars in reservations. If there was a way for them to snap their fingers and get everyone their Bronco tomorrow they would do it. But with covid and the absolutely disastrous implications on global supply chains that it’s had, the fact that Broncos are still scheduled to start being built in just over a month shows that they are giving it their all. I’m not sure what people expected Ford to say with their statement today, I think any of us who spend enough time here knew that a lot of things are up in the air right now. Ford has definitely been overly optimistic in their statements previously, and I think they’ve had to come to terms that they just need to be truthful in that they really don’t know when a lot of these Broncos will be built. That’s exactly what today’s statement is, and I can assure you it comes from the heart. Remember that the people at Ford who got this Bronco made are all Bronco enthusiasts themselves, they want their orders too and they’re going to be wheeling right alongside us down the road. So let’s give them a little consideration and understanding for how monumental of a challenge this must be for them.

And I know I’ve said this before, but I’m going to repeat it here. How damn lucky are we to even have the opportunity to buy a Bronco? To be born in the best (Or 2nd and 3rd best for our friends North and South of the border 😉) damn country in the world. To have the means to afford a vehicle like this, to have friends and family members that put up with our constant conversations about a vehicle that only exists in our minds. And of course I’m personally thankful for all of you guys to help kill time while working from home and making this 5 year wait breeze by. Bronco wouldn’t exist without this community, and I want to see a community built on having a damn good time, not this reaction. Feel free to roast me or do whatever but I just had to rant a little bit lol.

(Edit after the fact, felt bad that I said all this about our great nation without mentioning our upcoming holiday)

Also, to cap this off everyone have a great Memorial Day weekend! I know we’ve got a ton of vets on here, and Bronco wouldn’t be possible without our military that even makes the United States possible. Many have given their lives as well to make sure we live the amazing modern life we have as well, bottoms up to those selfless men and women and our current/former service members. 🍻
I was at the Ford Team Bronco unveiling at my local Dealer where my reservation is, when the Update Email was received. My local contact was beside me and made the best of the situation. Another forum member there even though his Order/reservation is at the Competition; was able to speak at length with her also. He posted here how she knew more than anyone at his Dealer. I attended all 3 of my local Dealerships' Events. I critiqued them on the Survey Monkey site. My Dealer was ranked higher both by him and myself. The middle Event he didn't attend but I did. I gave high marks to the Detroit Bronco Team but roasted the locals. They are the ones demanding the reservation be $1000 and add on the Dealer $1800 for Nitrogen in your 4X4 tires that will be only be deflated off road. I do agree with the author that we give Ford a pass on the update email, but we must hold the Dealers acountable who take advantage of this situation to fleece buyers.
Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Man......spend weekend camping with fam only to come back to absolute disappointment the forum’s Subaru officianado is banned. Wvmtneer had every Subaru models ground clearance precisely measured to the 32nd inch since 1978.

For those that dispute the man’s knowledge I ask you who will we refer to for absolute calculation of the Suburu Forrester's ability to clear ground compared to the Bronco??
Sadly, there are a lot of delicate flowers that have taken over the forum. Today they took away our Subaru expert. Tomorrow they could take our pineapple pizza. :eek:

Musclecarconvrt

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Bronco, 1969 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Man, I hate to have to make this thread. I 100% get the frustration and disappointment, it’s upsetting to not know when we are getting our rides. But I think that stepping back for a little bit of perspective on this whole thing can help people soothe their minds a little bit. Why are we so upset? It’s because Ford did such a damn good job with designing this rig. They could’ve EASILY taken the Bronco name, thrown it on the Sport, and said “Hey we did better than Chevy with the Blazer didn’t we?” They could’ve done a rebadged Ford Everest too. They could’ve done kind of a mix of an Everest and the Bronco that we got that would be more like a 4Runner.

But they didn’t. They went balls to the wall, and gave us the Bronco that probably 95% of us that are still here wanted. They one upped Jeep, made the roof easier to remove and lighter, and added the middle roof panel. They added Sasquatch on all trims. V6 on all trims. They could’ve done a standard launch over reservations, where dealerships would’ve had literal fistfights over Broncos as soon as they arrived. And right now, Ford is literally paying the price for being a bit too innovative with providing the vehicle we didn’t know we wanted. They have dumped BILLIONS of dollars into Bronco, and so far their return has been a few million dollars in reservations. If there was a way for them to snap their fingers and get everyone their Bronco tomorrow they would do it. But with covid and the absolutely disastrous implications on global supply chains that it’s had, the fact that Broncos are still scheduled to start being built in just over a month shows that they are giving it their all. I’m not sure what people expected Ford to say with their statement today, I think any of us who spend enough time here knew that a lot of things are up in the air right now. Ford has definitely been overly optimistic in their statements previously, and I think they’ve had to come to terms that they just need to be truthful in that they really don’t know when a lot of these Broncos will be built. That’s exactly what today’s statement is, and I can assure you it comes from the heart. Remember that the people at Ford who got this Bronco made are all Bronco enthusiasts themselves, they want their orders too and they’re going to be wheeling right alongside us down the road. So let’s give them a little consideration and understanding for how monumental of a challenge this must be for them.

And I know I’ve said this before, but I’m going to repeat it here. How damn lucky are we to even have the opportunity to buy a Bronco? To be born in the best (Or 2nd and 3rd best for our friends North and South of the border 😉) damn country in the world. To have the means to afford a vehicle like this, to have friends and family members that put up with our constant conversations about a vehicle that only exists in our minds. And of course I’m personally thankful for all of you guys to help kill time while working from home and making this 5 year wait breeze by. Bronco wouldn’t exist without this community, and I want to see a community built on having a damn good time, not this reaction. Feel free to roast me or do whatever but I just had to rant a little bit lol.

(Edit after the fact, felt bad that I said all this about our great nation without mentioning our upcoming holiday)

Also, to cap this off everyone have a great Memorial Day weekend! I know we’ve got a ton of vets on here, and Bronco wouldn’t be possible without our military that even makes the United States possible. Many have given their lives as well to make sure we live the amazing modern life we have as well, bottoms up to those selfless men and women and our current/former service members. 🍻
Heck of a post. Well said.

ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Sadly, there are a lot of delicate flowers that have taken over the forum. Today they took away our Subaru expert. Tomorrow they could take our pineapple pizza. :eek:
Probably sooner than that on the pizza. Maybe there are just a lot of people that have gluten sensitivities to their glutious maximus. 🤷

Sponsored

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Thank God Ford bit off more than they could chew Gonzales_Come_and_Take_It_Flag-_ColorFastFlags_1024x1024 (1)

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I am not a big Scotty Kilmer fan (believe me); but he isn’t wrong about this:

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am not a big Scotty Kilmer fan (believe me); but he isn’t wrong about this:
He's a click baiter and complete tool. He used to have better content, but lately, he's just throwing stuff against the wall to see what sticks.

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wow great minds think alike! I just posted a similar themed post in appreciation of how initially people doubted ford would ever even make it, or that it'd be a rebadge of a soccer mom crossover. Waiting sucks, but at least we even have the option to wait. Ford really underestimated how many people still wanted a bronco after all those years.
Sponsored