First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am someone who orders vehicles. I typically research my vehicle through publications test drives car shows and discussions with friends. The bronco is a little different. It is an unknown, or at least it was. Actually it still is to some degree. In regards to judging this vehicle on a forum perspective, it makes me want to pull my hair out. Not really but I think people need to take a breath. Step back. Establish a budget. If money is no object just buy what you like. Otherwise make your spreadsheet of likes dislikes as well as must haves maybe no way. It is easy to blame Ford for shortcomings but developing a car is not easy ever and especially in today’s climate. It is what it is. The tops will come. Ford is pretty good at giving the customer what they want year over year within limits. However it is not their responsibility to keep feeding you during a launch of a vehicle. The slow drag keeps you anxious. I’m not sure but has Tesla said anything on the cyber truck other than the reveal?! Seriously though. Don’t make the process more stressful than it has to be. Save yourself some grief. Ford is not going to change their package structure. It makes them money. Like I said the tops will come. They already had them designed and more than likely had a white one in there as well. They weren’t planning on using the first year for it. It’s got to get better as years go on. I’d rather have the vehicle and make a choice when aftermarket is out anyway. So I have a choice. They aren’t going to change interiors. That is what they chose. The prototypes were to draw customers and to see what worked. There is plenty more but in summary.. do the responsible thing and research, document and make a somewhat informed decision. Don’t sweat the small stuff. You can either talk yourself out of or into the purchase. Don’t let other people influence your decision to much.
Sponsored

Last edited:

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've never ordered a car before, and sacrificed much to save up for this. Currently without a vehicle now, sharing my wife's little itty bitty car. The wait feels very long. I check b6g probably 3 times an hour for news. Bronco nation 2 or 3 times a day just in case they ever share something when it feels too slow on 6g. When they finally announced the Sasquatch would be made available with the MT I got very excited again. The b&p broke my heart again temporarily since there was no way for me to complete the build I plan to order. I know what's supposed to come included with the packages. I knew the b&p was obviously flawed. Still gathered the prices of the main packages and few couple accessories I wouldn't budge on, used math to figure out what my overall final price would end up being ($50.7-51.2k). About to list my crotch rocket, lawn mower, and my old thumper 500cc bike so I can double my down payment. I'm very invested making sure my next new car is the bronco. Can't afford the beautiful capable but heavy and gutless trd pro 4runner. The more I researched Jeeps and trims the more I realized its similar to the trd pro. Capable and expensive but still gutless. Heard the power ratings for the bronco 2.7 and got excited. Saw the reveal got very excited. Then, no 2.7 with MT. Ouch. No Sasquatch with the MT. So jumped on the petition and had hope. "We're listening". Loved the first non concept concepts. Liked all the outfitted fully loaded models too. Didn't see much of that on the b&p. Also saw how expensive everything is. I'm not bad off. I graduated from a reputable state university with a bachelor's in electro mechanical engineering, and I design and build automation equipment that makes the lights offroad enthusiasts, like ford, likes to put on their show room models. I got my xplan pin the week of the reveal, same week I reserved. I've saved $10k during the pandemic and need to come up with 10 more to get this thing in my driveway, which will require selling off the other things I love and trust to work. I would love for ford to reciprocate some of that devotion and sacrifice to make sure each customer gets what they want to purchase. A trim, with any packages, any color, any drivetrain and transmission, any accessories, and any interior. Offer, don't force, something cool and unique for first edition of course. I'd feel so much more confident, no remorse for my commitment, if I can get my 2dr Badlands, MT, 2.7L, Sasquatched, high package with B&O, ford performance tuned, forest green metallic, white mic modular top, rear tailgate, roof rails and cross bars, tow package, hitch extender, and fishing rod holder at my x-plan price. I've been building quality parts for the auto industry for years. Coming in early and staying late to make sure these companies orders are fulfilled and won't fail on the road. I just keep holding onto hope that by December, I'll still be able to make an order for a MT Sasquatch Badlands that will be delivered in 2021.

Randeeezy

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don't think it really makes sense to quiet down and accept what the current situation is when there's still some time for things to potentially change. We live in a different age and Ford does seem to be paying some attention to the consumer base online, they have the opportunity to make small tweaks to packages and offerings to optimize the amount of money they make.

It's not about appeasing the masses, and I don't think they will fix everything for all people

But perhaps they give you the option to choose what material seats you want in all models without adding colors. Maybe they offer the washout floor as an selectable upgrade for the base model and big bend. Maybe they bring the audio and 12" screen out of the other packages and make a tech upgrade package, or offer these options a la carte.

I get it... Some of these things Are "gated" behind higher trims to force customers into spending thousands more for certain features, even if they don't want the other add-ons. But I think plenty of people won't get lux that would pay for the standalone speaker upgrade on all models. And that would net ford a lot more money than just keeping it exclusive

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Dont shoot rock salt at me but maybe the bronco first year aint for you all, as picky as everyone has been i dont think you will be happy with all the quirks and bugs that happen with a first run.
This isnt burger king ford makes a product if you dont like it buy something else 22 you might get all yer fancy stuff like white top,neutral color seats and such but now they are scrambling to put this stuff out and it proabably is what it is for now.
Never bought or owned a first year anything and for good reason it makes sense it most likely going to be problematic somewhere but im in so deep now i am standing in the door of the burning plane chute on ready to go ,i hope ford packed my chute well ill never be able to complain

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dont shoot rock salt at me but maybe the bronco first year aint for you all, as picky as everyone has been i dont think you will be happy with all the quirks and bugs that happen with a first run.
This isnt burger king ford makes a product if you dont like it buy something else 22 you might get all yer fancy stuff like white top,neutral color seats and such but now they are scrambling to put this stuff out and it proabably is what it is for now.
Never bought or owned a first year anything and for good reason it makes sense it most likely going to be problematic somewhere but im in so deep now i am standing in the door of the burning plane chute on ready to go ,i hope ford packed my chute well ill never be able to complain
I got shot with rock salt once LOL, 8th grade 1969 living in Minneapolis, we were throwing rocks at the barges going up and down the Mississippi River, crews shot rock salt at kids like us doing stupid things, I got hit in the legs and wouldn't ya know it I was wearing shorts LOL, long story short that salt burns ?

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@Jpeyer, Very sensical Joshua. Like you I special order my new vehicles to get what I want ,not what the dealers want me to have. It can be a daunting task for some if it's the first time they have special ordered, and especially difficult when it's something like the Bronco. Manufacturers package items to streamline their production, and yes, for profits. If they go back to the old days where one could order everting ala-cart in today's mechanized assembly lines it would drive the IT people crazy trying to get their 1's &0's in line. I don't expect Ford will change their packages, or offer any more ala-cart items for the Bronco now as they are against the wall with start up production just around the corner. It would be nice if they would, but I certainly don't see it happening now. Maybe between model years, but not now.

Pepin10

Base
First Name
Pepin10
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer
Your Bronco Model
Base
They packed your chute with yellow stitching and space gray/brown cloth