Sponsored

Why is the BB so much more than the Base?

Trail_Runner

Base
First Name
Me
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150, 97 Jeep TJ, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I got a base and bought some take off outerbanks rims and tires for $800

Facebook Marketplace is loaded with deals on Bronco takeoffs.

Ford Bronco Why is the BB so much more than the Base? 9D2084B6-D73D-4167-B7D4-184102A31C9B
Sponsored

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

For my needs, anything above a base seemed stupid. Sasquatch, V6, aux. switches are the only options on my 4 door.
Ill add leather and heated seats on my own and live happily ever after, with an extra $5k in my pocket. 😂
I have a base Explorer. Great car, but my next one I wanted to feel a bit more creature comforts. The mid did that for me.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Exactly what makes the tires garbage? Not everyone wants or needs giant or off road tires.
P = Passenger rated tire instead of LT = Light Truck rated tire.

I don't need giant off road tires. Normal truck tires are fine. The stock tires on the Base and BD are soft squishy mini-van tires. Soft tires ride quieter during a test drive, but perform poorly.

Also, they are Bridgestone/Firestones, and those bastards still owe me a set of tires from my 98 Ranger. And yeah, I'm still mad about those since they lasted less than 900 miles before they chunked off the tread.

The Black Diamond comes with a nice set of LT rated Generals.

I expect the stock Bridgestones to go flat the first time I drive over a twig, or cactus spine, or sharp rock. I'll be replacing them with a decent C or E rated tire. Either Generals or Coopers. Unless I get lucky and can find a set of BD take-offs.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base

Ford Bronco Why is the BB so much more than the Base? 9D2084B6-D73D-4167-B7D4-184102A31C9B
Lots of OBX take-offs on my local craigslist. Also a lot of Wildtrack take-offs. I don't get that. Really hoping to find some BD takeoffs, I like the wheels and the tires a lot better.

Broncos 4 evah

Black Diamond
First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You do not want an E rated tire on Bronco. They were great on my F250 carrying an 11 foot lance camper. Bronco not so much.

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
You do not want an E rated tire on Bronco. They were great on my F250 carrying an 11 foot lance camper. Bronco not so much.
Yeah, I do. I have E-rated on the Expedition. So much better than crappy passenger car tires. I have E-rated on the 2001 F-150 that weighs less than the Bronco. They don't puncture when you run over a twig or cactus spine. They will also hold air and not go flat at a lot lower pressure than a P-rated squish tire.

Note that the Generals that come stock on the BD are E-rated.

The absolute minimum I would do on a truck is C-rate, but those are not easy to find. There is maybe one C rated tire for every 80 E-rated on the market.

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There are many posts on installing your own hitch reciever and wiring harness.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Since 2.7 and sas were a must, I couldn’t swing anything other than a base. Going up a trim level was going to cost me as much as the base, without SAS or 2.7. Seemed a bit high for not much of an upgrade.
Ditto for me. The Base and Sasquatch gives me everything I need- and more actually. And I was able the get the 2.7 like you as well. Originally I was going to go Black Diamond with 2.3- to get the marine grade vinyl seats mainly. But it was pretty pricey and I would not have Sas. even. And with the Florida heat and sweating I was concerned about the vinyl seats. So I opted for the Basesquatch. Best bang for the buck out of any of the packages offered and I know I made the right choice. I would do the same again if I had to.

And tow package- jeez what they charge for that. 99 for a bolt on quality aftermarket hitch installed in 10 minutes, then you buy the 4 prong harness for like another 100 or so and you are done. The harness might take 30 minutes or so.....

Didmaster

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV 4
Your Bronco Model
Base

Looks great! Do these clear without rubbing or do you have to make mods for these to fit?

Trail_Runner

Base
First Name
Me
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150, 97 Jeep TJ, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks great! Do these clear without rubbing or do you have to make mods for these to fit?
those are 32s. You can fit 33s without any mods.
Sponsored