Broncoskip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was railroaded by my original dealership of choice, then railroaded by Ford's allocation when I switched to a good dealer.

The thing that drives me crazy is that my departure didn't effect the bad dealership. They still get allocation. So I moved down in line, but my old dealer gets to move someone ahead of me.

That dealership was rewarded after they cancelled my order in error. After they put an order on the wrong reservation, and after they got mad at me for asking for my $1000 deposit back after they screwed up and I had to work with ford directly to save my timestamp. The fumbled my sale, blamed me for leaving and ford awarded them allocation regardless.

So yes. I'm not going to help ford out by changing my order so they don't have to build MIC tops or 2.7l engines. Not when they are putting dealerships ahead of customers.

And I if I wasn't a 3rd generation Ford owner who has already owned 3 Broncos, 3 F150s, a cougar, a mustang, and the wife's two edges and two Ford Explorers, I might say screw it, I'm getting a used FJ Cruiser instead.

But I'm waiting for my bronco as ordered. I've given up on when. Maybe August this year, maybe may of next year.

I will say that there is a limit. I don't know where that limit will be, but every day and every time I visit this site my rope grows shorter.
Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I still can move my reservation, correct? So my purchase is not final for the dealership or the sales rep. But I get it; however, I don’t often give return business to “sell and move on” sales people. In fact I do my best not to give them business again and share my experience with others, but not to the extent where it impacts my life (which writing this is about the extent). I will never use the rep again if possible. Plus, the reps should know all the info discussed on this forum for future sales, not to just answer my questions.
If they feel they already have a sale with me, then any question I ask should be considered a complementary service for being given a free sale that they didn’t have to work for. Or maybe I’ll become a card salesman if all I have to do is show up and collect sales. Life must be good! Every time I go into the dealership the guys are sitting around. And this is in a metro dealership. Arsenal Hall would have put this on his “things that make you go hmmm”. Just my opinion.
A reservation is not an order... Once you convert your reservation to an order, you remain with the dealership where you placed the order. Such information is found on this Forum.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reminds me of this:

haha, totally remember that one and loved that feature on my wive's Passat. Her Jetta wagon does it too, nice way to let the heat out in summer, before even getting in. Also closes all windows, handy if you forgot about the rear ones before getting out.

Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford doesn’t own the dealerships. So, maybe “Shame on [specific dealership]” would be a better title.
Or better yet, shame on all of us for not demanding and end to the whole dealership system.

We'd be better off buying our vehicles from Ford, Amazon, or even ******* WalMart in most cases.

OP
OP
Duke.Roughneck

Duke.Roughneck

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Explorer Sport, 2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

UPDATE: So I went back to the dealer today to convert my reservation to an order. First he pulled up the "build" from the original reservation and compared to my build and price, and questioned why I added so much stuff. Once I informed him that there was no build and price tool for months after the reservation he put all my options in (except for the brush guard and modular bumper, which he says I can't get with the lux package??). He then began to tell me that I wouldn't be able to change anything after the place the order, even though I'm waiting until 2022MY and several options aren't available to select yet (green, mod top, etc). After his third trip to his boss, he came back with an order sheet that showed code 99, so I was ultimately confident that we'd get it figured out before it's switched to a build order. I pulled out my wallet to put the deposit down and he said he's not taking a deposit until we can actually order the '22.

I don't know what to do anymore. I'm fairly certain this is going to get F'd up and I'm not going to get what I want. Do I call Ford? Do I trust that these guys will figure it out at some point?

I get it, there are a lot of dealers and dealer fanboys in this thread. I'm not trying to be a dick. But at what point is it too much? I've waited too long to let this get screwed up by what can only be described s incompetence at this point?

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
UPDATE: So I went back to the dealer today to convert my reservation to an order. First he pulled up the "build" from the original reservation and compared to my build and price, and questioned why I added so much stuff. Once I informed him that there was no build and price tool for months after the reservation he put all my options in (except for the brush guard and modular bumper, which he says I can't get with the lux package??). He then began to tell me that I wouldn't be able to change anything after the place the order, even though I'm waiting until 2022MY and several options aren't available to select yet (green, mod top, etc). After his third trip to his boss, he came back with an order sheet that showed code 99, so I was ultimately confident that we'd get it figured out before it's switched to a build order. I pulled out my wallet to put the deposit down and he said he's not taking a deposit until we can actually order the '22.

I don't know what to do anymore. I'm fairly certain this is going to get F'd up and I'm not going to get what I want. Do I call Ford? Do I trust that these guys will figure it out at some point?

I get it, there are a lot of dealers and dealer fanboys in this thread. I'm not trying to be a dick. But at what point is it too much? I've waited too long to let this get screwed up by what can only be described s incompetence at this point?
2022 order banks are not open yet.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think you're fine. What he told you is true. Code 99 will ensure your Bronco won't get built in '21. When the '22 order banks open (I don't when that will be), he will call you and you can change anything you want. Even after that you can change options etc. up until you get your VIN assigned.

donspillman

Black Diamond
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thank you Bronco 6G and shame on Ford

Bronco 6G has been a wealth of information. Yes, thank you! As far as Ford, I don't think anyone needs to tell them they screwed the pooch over the Bronco. They messed up big time, from the initial launch (way too soon) to scheduling too early, but mostly b/c of their lack of transparency. The other things are mistakes, some within their control and some outside of their control, but the lack of transparency is shameful. Look, Ford wants to make money. They are not making money by not delivering the Bronco. They have spent millions and have not seen any profit. Ford can't be happy. So, I don't think Ford should be ashamed of the fact that they have been unable to deliver their product as they thought they would be able to deliver. However, there is no excuse for not being on top of it by communicating with us. I can forgive Ford for their failure to deliver. But not so much for their failure to communicate better. All said, if I get the May email, I will feel better. If not, Ford has some explaining to do.

Sponsored

JBHillCountry

Black Diamond
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Land Cruiser, 2022 F250, 2022 Tahoe Z71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Long time lurker here. I am on several forums as I like to buy several cars/trucks a year. Some higher end, some work related. I have never seen a forum with as much complaining as I have here. It's comical at times seeing what I think are adults throwing tantrums on here and basically begging for attention. It's just a Bronco folks. They will make plenty of these and there is no reason to think otherwise. Be patient. Covid has hurt nearly every industry and pushed things to backorder or outright cancellation. Much bigger things to worry about. Positive Ford and the dealership folk wished they had a lot full of anything to sell right now.

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The Bronco was my first new vehicle. I am looking forward to having another one before the end. But for now i am glad I still have my JKUR. Sadly, the more I read here the more I am glad that I am waiting till they are released and a real road test is done. I fear how they are being built at this point. How many other parts besides the roof is a mess. Are there other issues that we don't even know about yet? So,,, I'll wait till they are sitting on the lots and real people have had the chance to really test them.
Sponsored