Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sure, they should be able to place your order and convert the rsvp. It took two trips and 1.5 hours for dealership to get it right...it's a racket. I'm not sticking up for them.

I think it is ridiculous that I can build the exact vehicle I want online, then I have to take my specs to a gatekeeper to "input" the order for me and take mh money. It is entirely ridiculous, and the model should go extinct.

At the end of the day, they are the gate keeper. I have to go through the dealer to get the Bronco.
In my opinion, this is one of the big ways Ford messed this whole thing up. Ford did the big reveal, Ford took our $100 for the reservation, Ford sent us emails on said reservation and set up the B&P (which is a pretty nice B&P compared to their other vehicles), Ford let us know when we could convert our reservations to orders. Then Ford dropped the bag of feral cats in the dealerships laps and went and hid in another room. Maybe Ford could've figured out a way to carry the whole process though up until delivery or maybe not, but like you said the model should be extinct.
Sponsored

Bronco wannabe

Base
First Name
Bro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
Fire'm all & let God sort it out
And I'm in no way making excuses for any business, whether that be Ford or the dealerships. I'm fully aware there are way more that don't know anything than those that do. It's just a raw deal that was dealt and a lot of unrealistic expectations that came along with it.

Adapt or die I say.

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If i was a dealer i would drop/mess with your orders just for being a PITA A-hole and let Ford send you a die cast bronco to make you feel better and call it a day..

Last edited:

mrjerry469

Black Diamond
First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK DIAMOND
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Only dealt with my sales person over the phone and by email she was great and is going to the rodeo in Texas on Thursday to learn more about the Bronco.

OP
OP
Duke.Roughneck

Duke.Roughneck

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Explorer Sport, 2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If i was a dealer i would drop/mess with your order just for being a PITA A-hole and let Ford send you a die cast bronco to make you feel better and call it a day..
So I'm an asshole for disputing that my order needed to be cancelled in order to push it to MY22? Good to know, thanks

Sponsored

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I'm an asshole for disputing that my order needed to be cancelled in order to push it to MY22? Good to know, thanks
Did i say it applied to you?

your interaction with your dealer or Ford is between you and them. I wasn’t there. You know how you handled that situation..

OP
OP
Duke.Roughneck

Duke.Roughneck

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Did i say it applied to you?
I mean, I started the thread and you didn't quote someone else, so I assumed so...

OP
OP
Duke.Roughneck

Duke.Roughneck

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Did you read the various replies on YOUR thread?
I read them all actually. Yours is the only one that directly called me an A-Hole, so I felt necessary to ask for clarification

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I read them all actually. Yours is the only one that directly called me an A-Hole, so I felt necessary to ask for clarification
I apologize, i see where i went wrong i meant “orderS” plural, not meaning “order” singular which is why you may have felt it was directed towards you...i hence edited it to make it plural with a “S”.

Sponsored

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
With the Bronco, the salespeople already have a sale, you've already "ordered" your Bronco from Ford. You truck is not arriving until later in the year. The salespeople have product on the lot that it is their job to sell. What would you do? I know I'd concentrate on the vehicles out on the lot.
I still can move my reservation, correct? So my purchase is not final for the dealership or the sales rep. But I get it; however, I don’t often give return business to “sell and move on” sales people. In fact I do my best not to give them business again and share my experience with others, but not to the extent where it impacts my life (which writing this is about the extent). I will never use the rep again if possible. Plus, the reps should know all the info discussed on this forum for future sales, not to just answer my questions.
If they feel they already have a sale with me, then any question I ask should be considered a complementary service for being given a free sale that they didn’t have to work for. Or maybe I’ll become a card salesman if all I have to do is show up and collect sales. Life must be good! Every time I go into the dealership the guys are sitting around. And this is in a metro dealership. Arsenal Hall would have put this on his “things that make you go hmmm”. Just my opinion.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm with you my man, I have zero problems with my dealership! A bunch of good people doing the best they can! I have been to my dealer 2 times, when I ordered and I went back in about a month ago and added the Towing package🤬🤯😱!!! Hell I don't even any qualms with Ford. Again, they're just trying to make the best out of a F@#$&# up situation.
Real Question, zero sarcasm here...I understand they can't use my deposit, and it is refundable. But, wouldn't they put that money in a special account? And would it be interest bearing? Or is that a no no?
Putting your deposit in an interest bearing account, sure. But let me remind you that outside of checking, all accounts draw interest since your money doesn't just physically sit in a bank.

However, this depends on the dealership what they do for fluidity with cash. Most rob Peter to pay Paul, meaning that this deposit cash is used to illustrate asset allocation which would help with their credit rating so they can borrow against the future sales. This is sticky math and is actually normal since most vehicle purchases are financed, yet most don't count as debt for the dealership.

I've geeked out enough with this rough example, but long and short is that your deposit money isn't really making a difference and it certiainly isn't making money off of interest nor is it going to an investment account or anything like that.

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Christina at Jones Ford Casa Grande has been awesome; puts up with my questions and gives me straight answers.
Not all dealers are cut from the same cloth.

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
my dealer told me today if I dropped them and went /move to other dealership I would have to start all over and lose my place in line :mad:. dumb ass dealer !

AwakeOnABus

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3 m40i • Toyota 4Runner Limited
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
As far as dealerships and knowledge. Selling puts food on the table. You would be surprised - in the larger (outside Bronco) world of auto sales how little "knowing" affects the bottom line.

For the best, sales is an art, a performance, and a science. The only thing the salesperson really has to get to know... is the buyer. Nothing else (especially not the product) matters in the end.
Sponsored