Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The bulk of my off-roading is done on mountain bike. I helped build the trail system at Nockamixon State park here in Pa about 10 years ago. I ride daily on my 1.5 mile backyard trail and did several trips to Moab over the years. Here's a couple from my collection:

Christini All Wheel Drive. Test rode one in 2000 at Jim Thorpe mtb fest, wanted one ever since! Finally scored this one 2 years ago. Jeep had a version of this, slapped their name on it, called it the Rubicon.
Ford Bronco The Bike Thread 1596816182666

And an EWR 29'er I built frame-up:
Ford Bronco The Bike Thread 1596816308075

And the '08 Blur I bought in '11 to reward myself after a year of trail building at Nox:
Ford Bronco The Bike Thread 1596817048479
Sponsored

OP
OP
pan-y-cerveza

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Fly by Nite Those all wheel drives are so strange!

I had an AWD fat bike e-bike come through the shop I used to work at. Far to much going on with it for me... but what a wild ride.

SafariJeff

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Defender / 2000 Discovery / 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Touring Riese & Müller Delite GT Nuvinci HS class 3 bike, 120+mile range. Need new knee so needed cheater for pre and post replacement... It is awesome!!

IMG_2658.jpg

IMG_2664.jpg

Sponsored

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I am considering getting back into biking. My plan would be to ride trail systems off pavement, but not jumping. I would like a comfortable bike for a 200+ lb rider that costs under $1,000. Can anyone recommend brands and models to consider?

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, I might have a little problem in this department:

Ford Bronco The Bike Thread IMG_2664

Currently I'm riding a Specialized Roubaix on the road, and I recently switched from a Santa Cruz High Tower to a Specialized Stumpjumper for mountain biking.

And this is where my wife and I like to ride:

you lucky b****. if i even thought about having that many bikes my bank would... uh... actually don't want to think about that lol.
I am considering getting back into biking. My plan would be to ride trail systems off pavement, but not jumping. I would like a comfortable bike for a 200+ lb rider that costs under $1,000. Can anyone recommend brands and models to consider?
i would look at a kona hardtail. also, save yourself the hassle of a front derailleur and get a bike withe a 1x system. saves weight and a lot lest stuff to break. you would also be surprised how much you only use one gear in the front lol.
konaworld.com

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Trek Roscoe could be pretty close. The 27.5+ tires add a bit of squish and extra traction. Several other of those class of bikes are available from other manufacturers as well.

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Trek Stache. I have studded tires for winter and everything but deeper snow (anything over 3” unless it’s groomed) is pretty fun.

29564AEB-CB2B-494A-A6BF-48CD66D99316.jpeg

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What would you recommend?

Earlier in the thread I posted my Cannondale Bad Boy 1. I love this bike for cruising around the area and getting some exercise. I've found that I'm getting more into cycling again and am considering something a bit different. The BB1 is a great bike but with the internal hub it only has so many gears. I find myself wanting higher gears now.

I would like a road bike but still something a little bit tough and able to handle non-smooth roads. I have a long gravel drive to get out of as well. I'm in my mid 50s and don't want to be on something so aggressive that I'm going to feel it in my bones the next day.

I've always liked Cannondales but open to suggestions. Would prefer to spend a few $K at most.
Sponsored