Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

As @Rick Astley said a while back, its about commodites. Brand Manager at SuperCel East said that Ford is working on a process to let us know where our timestamps sit on the list. Also would be nice to know of possible commodity based delays at or before ordering.
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Someone needs to create a poll to see how many potential customers this will affect. No tops or Sasquatch will wipe out a lot of reservations.
I mean I will go top less as much as possible but something about Iowa weather won’t allow it for winter...
And you take away the squatch package that will just piss most of its potential buyers right the hell off..

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
As @Rick Astley said a while back, its about commodites. Brand Manager at SuperCel East said that Ford is working on a process to let us know where our timestamps sit on the list. Also would be nice to know of possible commodity based delays at or before ordering.
Hey, I resemble that remark!!!!

Yea, can't imagine a new launch with global parts sourcing during a global health crisis is going to launch flawlessly. I'm sure Ford realizes how much $$$ is at stake since the number of pre-orders vastly exceeded expectations and is working their butts off to get parts/tooling/assembly sorted out ASAP.

Not enough slack is being cut for them on this. One can only imagine how yanked around they are being by each vendor/supplier as everybody tries their best in uncertain times.

There will be some lucky folks getting their rigs well ahead of reservation assignment and others waiting and waiting and waiting on parts.

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why do they need to refund you if you're changing dealers? Doesn't the deposit transfer to your next dealer choice? Do they actually have to refund then charge you again? Seems like that would change your reservation date.
When you switch dealers, Ford foots the $100 for the new dealership, and they refund you your $100 TO KEEP. However, that $100 that they give to the new dealer will not be a deposit towards the Bronco as it was with the original dealer. That’s how it was explained to me anyway.

Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When you switch dealers, Ford foots the $100 for the new dealership, and they refund you your $100 TO KEEP. However, that $100 that they give to the new dealer will not be a deposit towards the Bronco as it was with the original dealer. That’s how it was explained to me anyway.
Huh. That's weird.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Regardless of whether or not they extend the dealer switch deadline, it's kind of appalling to see so many people still having not done any homework into what their dealer and other dealers in their area are offering. B&P should have no bearing on the general deal your dealer is going to give you. If you haven't heard from your dealer yet, unfortunately they're probably going to try and weasel some more money out of you above and beyond MSRP.

At a minimum, you should be contacting your initial dealer to find out if they'll honor X-plan if eligible, and if not, MSRP at a maximum with no ADM/markups. They should be able to tell you that at a minimum right now, and if they say they can't, you can solidly bet that they're going to try and make more money on you.

If you've done that homework and found a dealer within reasonable distance of you with a reasonable deal, then sure, hold off a bit on switching if this extension turns out to be true, and maybe there might be more deals once B&P comes out and dealers know the difference between MSRP and Invoice on your specific build. But do the homework you should be doing right now so that you have a backup plan and aren't locked into a crappy dealer.
I've said the same several times and people start flipping out and defend their procrastination.

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Huh. That's weird.
I thought so too. If I had stayed on the phone longer with the Ford lady, I would’ve asked her what happens to the old dealer’s $100.

Oh well. I got my $100 back and a reservation so I’m happy. Ford doesn’t even know what “by September” means so I’m not surprised that they struggle with math.

Sponsored

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On the bright side .. the more delays may mean more options .. like more colors.

:)
I know a lot of you would like a green or tan. But I would like a darker orange like Lexus, Blazing Carnelian.
images (3).jpeg

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Certain credit card companies provide a virtual account number for online shopping so in case the info gets hacked it is a dead-end for the person who gets the info. I figured the Ford website would be insane the first few days so I didn't want to risk any issues with my debit card. I guess I was over thinking too much and shot myself in the foot. I'm sure they will figure it out eventually.
I get a list (10) of virtual account numbers to use online, they are all different, can only be used once, and link back to my regular account. This protects you if someone in the chain gets that number with the intent of running up a charge, can't be done as it's one and done. When I use one I just scratch it off the list.

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Status