Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.

FTFRS

Agreed, but all I’ve heard is noncommittal after noncommittal answer, so I got sick of playing that game. It was a total time waste and I figured my time is worth more than chasing a dealer. Same as those saying their time is worth more than driving back however many hours from Granger.

The idea that my time has value is true, even when I refuse to chase around the local dealers. It was wasted time and very frustrating.
Definitely understandable, what everybody’s time is worth to themselves is different.

For me, it took about 10 minutes to work up a standard message with my questions, then about 15 minutes to send that to the 10 nearest dealers through their contact us form. Then just waited for responses, and got responses from half of them within 24 hours. Then a 5 minute phone call to Ford customer service to switch my reservation to the dealer that guaranteed nothing over MSRP, and X-plan if I can. To me, the approximate hour total I spent on it will save me potential thousand depending on how much my initial dealer tries to mark up their Broncos.

I understand it’s not the same everywhere. From what I’ve heard SoCal is bad, hence so many Cali guys going with Granger, or getting in on group buys (I think?). But for me, it worked, and even if it didn’t it was an hour of time I wasted. At the very least, you’ve tried finding a better deal, and you’re not just complaining without trying.
Sponsored

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hey, guys. I have a life-long friend that works for Ford, we were talking today about the B&P and I was telling him my concerns about transferring before the end of the month (Oct, 31st) and he said, "Oh, they changed the date until the end of January 2021."

Not that I didn't believe him, but I tend to need confirmation.

So, I did two things, I contacted Ford Media via email and they gave me a call around 11:30 am and informed me that there has been a change and that we should see an official update in the near future.

Then I called the number listed on Ford.com (800) 392-3673, and asked the representative if the information was correct and she informed me that the information was correct and the call center has received an interior email that they can't share publicly, but she directed me back to media.ford.com. for updates.
Push back Reservation Transfer 3 months... Push back first delivery 3 months. September is just in time for Job 1 of every other Ford vehicle. Great work Ford.

chrtra1

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not offended in the least. Didn't think you were calling me a liar at all. I mean, I gave easily verifiable sources. Just pointing that out because it bares repeating.

Oh, and that I have nothing to do with Kris87's stream of babble that really doesn't make any sense or have any sources. Just want to keep those issues separate is all.
I probably could have written my original post a little more clearly. The eye roll was intended for the thread hi-jacker, not you. There are already too many threads with people panicking over rumors and this forum can be amazingly frustrating at times because of it.

OP
OP
Cappy

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I probably could have written my original post a little more clearly. The eye roll was intended for the thread hi-jacker, not you. There are already too many threads with people panicking over rumors and this forum can be amazingly frustrating at times because of it.
No worries. We all want the same thing. A new Bronco. ?

Sponsored

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I also heard there is going to be modular top issues in the first year(think none available). And Sasquatch could be severely limited on commodities as well(not good).

That's about all I've heard lately....carry on.
So get the least desirable options if you want your bronco first. Big Bend manual in black with no fifth wheel?

If any of this is remotely true Ford shit the bed in this...
If this company can’t figure out their shit they will be eating their own ass for dinner.
Too much cool shit out there for Ford to keep fu$king a dog on this...
You've exceeded your daily allotment of fecal references there :LOL:

y97Qy4Q.gif

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Kris87

Wildtrak
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not sure why some want to label me an agitator. I'm only sharing rumors that have come down to us(the dealer) from Ford. Like I said, they can change their mind on plenty of things. I've only shared information that we've heard thus far. Believe it, don't believe it... doesn't matter to me. Plenty of topics are discussed in this forum. Seems some get all bent out of shape when it comes from a dealer. :rolleyes:

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Until I get a communication direct from Ford as a reservation holder it's hogwash. Calling into a call center is worthless

tonyxit

Base
First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not sure why some want to label me an agitator. I'm only sharing rumors that have come down to us(the dealer) from Ford. Like I said, they can change their mind on plenty of things. I've only shared information that we've heard thus far. Believe it, don't believe it... doesn't matter to me. Plenty of topics are discussed in this forum. Seems some get all bent out of shape when it comes from a dealer. :rolleyes:
Wonder why?....maybe the source is considered....you are ignored Mr Dealer....carry on...

Sponsored

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why do they need to refund you if you're changing dealers? Doesn't the deposit transfer to your next dealer choice? Do they actually have to refund then charge you again? Seems like that would change your reservation date.
Ford does the refund from the dealer account and then it is up to the new dealership to get the deposit..

bomkrb

Black Diamond
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What does this mean? I'm sorry I don't follow

Status