First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Congrats! This is pretty much my exact build except I have a soft top instead.

As far as removing your rails for steps. IAG has small steps that mount to the stock rails so you can remove them for offroading. They will be coming out with a full length step as well.
Sponsored

OP
OP
tourproto

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
tourproto

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Congrats! This is pretty much my exact build except I have a soft top instead.

As far as removing your rails for steps. IAG has small steps that mount to the stock rails so you can remove them for offroading. They will be coming out with a full length step as well.
I saw the steps and they are not bad, but when they said they were coming out with full length steps that attach to the rock rails, that is what I would prefer. Just not sure how long I can wait :) and to be more accurate, how long my wife can wait :)

VVSidewinderVv

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I saw the steps and they are not bad, but when they said they were coming out with full length steps that attach to the rock rails, that is what I would prefer. Just not sure how long I can wait :) and to be more accurate, how long my wife can wait :)
I believe they are shooting for mid to late April.

Sponsored
OP
OP
tourproto

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Congrats, looks awesome! I think every single Eruption Green build looks so good. Can't go wrong with it.

I have some PDX area type questions.
What dealer did you work with? How was your experience?

Who are you going to for PPF?
Sorry for the slow reply.

I worked with Landmark Ford and my salesperson was Griffin Murphy. Both were great to work with. This was our 2nd purchase from this dealership.

While the process took longer than expected (heck, this is the first car I bought in 18 years, I kinda thought it would be faster. I refinanced my house during COVID and the documents signing was faster for my house than the Bronco, and I was paying cash for my car :) )

Aside from the time, it was a totally painless process. There was NO negotiating on their side. Price was MSRP. No ADM. I cannot confirm if that is the Landmark policy, or if that was how they treated me as a reservation holder. Either way it really was a great experience. The finance guy did try to sell me on the extended warranty and service plan but it was a very "soft" sell. No pressure, it didn't hold up closing the deal, no "let me bring in my manager" type of stuff. Really very pleasant.

Car was washed and detailed and was waiting for me in a covered staging area. I was done in 2 hours.

As for the PPF, lemme get through the experience first before posting about that. I don't have a problem saying good things, when good things happen, but I prefer to wait when it is a new business I am working with. However, I did find them via the Xpel website, if you want to start looking on your own. Some of the vendors were CRAZY expensive. I am a little concerned that this could be a "you get what you pay for" situation, but am hoping it turns out well. Because if it does, they are SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper than the other vendors I contacted in the SW Portland area.

arogers8960

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford also has a locking cargo area "box". I've ordered the raised lid version with my Green Sasquatch Badlands. If you want to cut back on road noise, you might look at a tire upgrade (recommend the Toyo Open Country MT's). I can't use Fiona because the wife has a Gecko Green Rubicon she's already named that! Great looking rig!

sulphur

Outer Banks
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mercury Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sorry for the slow reply.

I worked with Landmark Ford and my salesperson was Griffin Murphy. Both were great to work with. This was our 2nd purchase from this dealership.

While the process took longer than expected (heck, this is the first car I bought in 18 years, I kinda thought it would be faster. I refinanced my house during COVID and the documents signing was faster for my house than the Bronco, and I was paying cash for my car :) )

Aside from the time, it was a totally painless process. There was NO negotiating on their side. Price was MSRP. No ADM. I cannot confirm if that is the Landmark policy, or if that was how they treated me as a reservation holder. Either way it really was a great experience. The finance guy did try to sell me on the extended warranty and service plan but it was a very "soft" sell. No pressure, it didn't hold up closing the deal, no "let me bring in my manager" type of stuff. Really very pleasant.

Car was washed and detailed and was waiting for me in a covered staging area. I was done in 2 hours.

As for the PPF, lemme get through the experience first before posting about that. I don't have a problem saying good things, when good things happen, but I prefer to wait when it is a new business I am working with. However, I did find them via the Xpel website, if you want to start looking on your own. Some of the vendors were CRAZY expensive. I am a little concerned that this could be a "you get what you pay for" situation, but am hoping it turns out well. Because if it does, they are SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper than the other vendors I contacted in the SW Portland area.
Awesome! Great to hear you had a good experience with what the dealer could actually influence. I hope to see yours around town sometime, still haven't seen a green one in person.

If you have a great experience with the PPF installer you found, be sure to share it with us! I'm sure they'll still be good when mine gets built sometime in the next "6-8 months" aka 1-2 years!

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Beautiful…I don’t know if I’ve seen a Bronco match a house and landscape so well on 6G! Fits right in.

I had a dark green Eddie Bauer edition Bronco II that was very close to EG, but wanted something to stand out from the landscape and rival the sky. My Velocity Blue is going to stand out in the desert here in AZ

OP
OP
tourproto

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford also has a locking cargo area "box". I've ordered the raised lid version with my Green Sasquatch Badlands. If you want to cut back on road noise, you might look at a tire upgrade (recommend the Toyo Open Country MT's). I can't use Fiona because the wife has a Gecko Green Rubicon she's already named that! Great looking rig!
A couple of guys from my 2A club were checking out my rig today and they both commented on the BF Goodrich KO2 tires and said they were really good. I don't know one way or the other if that is true or not. But certainly not going to waste the rubber that came with the car. Will use them and if they hold up well for what I will use them for (back country fishing and hunting), that is good enough for me.

I didn't think they were particularly noisy on the streets or highway, and I haven't taken it over 70mph yet either.

Sponsored

arogers8960

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The K02's came on my wife's jeep and are not nearly as nice as the toyos. I'm actually going to put Toyos on the Bronco and move the Goodyears over to her jeep (currently 33's, going to 35's). So yeah I'm with you, no need to waste the rubber!

Doorsoff4ever

Badlands
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram3500 diesel crew cab long bed on 37's
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey man, Congratulations! I should have my almost-twin Badlands here to my dealer in La Grande, Oregon in the next week or 2! It's been fun tracking it on the train tracking system. I love that you name your cars. It's the only way to go. As soon as they sent me the bronco baby picture on St Patty's Day I knew I was going to call mine "O'Doyle".

IMG_20220327_192913.gif

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is a nice Bronco....enjoy!

These are wonderful , top notch quality and also easy to remove.

Ford Bronco The Jolly Green Giant came home today 1648441187606

Both your wife and Fiona will approve?

Last edited:
OP
OP
tourproto

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is a nice Bronco....enjoy!

These are wonderful , top notch quality and also easy to remove.

Ford Bronco The Jolly Green Giant came home today 1648441187606

Both your wife and Fiona will approve?
That isn't the IAG one, which one is this one? Can you send me a link?

Delli555

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

BD has heated seats just like Badlands. You must be thinking of the heated steering wheel? BD does not have a heated steering wheel, but I believe Badlands comes with it.
Sponsored