john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 volvo xc70
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nice job! You really spared no detail. Love the dedication with the John Bronco vest and outfit as well! We aren't that far from each other. Would be cool to see this in person.

I think it's great when we have a vision of how we want our vehicles to be and then see it through.
What part of Utah are you in? I live in Springville but work at the point of the mountain in Lehi.
Sponsored

OP
OP
AARDVARK122

AARDVARK122

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 volvo xc70
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Somebody’s got a lot of money to burn lol seriously though that’s awesome hell of a job 👍
I didn’t spend as much as you might think. But I made a good chunk of money on my first base bronco, so that went a long way on this one. But this is the vision I had of having a bronco back in 2020 when they announced the new 6g.

OP
OP
AARDVARK122

AARDVARK122

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 volvo xc70
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

An absolutely amazing build top-to-bottom @AARDVARK122 ... you are truly gifted - from your vision to execution - Congratulations & Well Done! Can you share how you found/built the faux locking hubs, they really are perfect for a heritage theme?
So building the locking hubs wasn’t to hard. The wheelsmith wheels have a 4 1/4” center bore, so I found some 4.25” short center caps. And some 72 ford locking hub knobs. Then drilled out the center caps and put a large O-ring on the backside to hold them in place. And then put 6 flat Allen head screws in with lock nuts on the other side. Then just had some vinyl graphics made that said lock and free.

IMG_5088.jpeg

Pitpup

Black Diamond
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Mustang GT, 2008 Ford Ranger Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ya know... starting with Eruption Green wasn't the worst idea you ever had... 😁😁😁

Sponsored

Gypsy

Badlands
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bronco ranger

Introducing the all new 50th Anniversary Bronco Ranger. I decided to celebrate the first Bronco ranger that came out in 1973. On the outside it comes with the KBD fenders color matched, and the full Ranger stripe kit, and antique white compliments. The wheels are thewheelsmith.net 17x8 30mm offset smoothies. That sport the faux custom locking front hubs, (which can actually turn from lock to free) with Micky Thompson Baja Boss 255/85/17. Rough Country 2” level kit. For the inside I did the Katskins two tone leather in mahogany and black tooled accents. With matching mahogany dash, center console, and door panel pieces. I was trying to keep it close to the classic look of the original Ranger( minus the uncut fenders) while still maintaining the new style of the 6g.

Ford Bronco The new 50th anniversary Bronco Ranger Edition. IMG_5088

Brings me back, what a great job. Beautiful truck😍

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What part of Utah are you in? I live in Springville but work at the point of the mountain in Lehi.
I'm in the south SL valley area. Once in a while, I have cause to be down in Utah county. :)

CGWBase

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
So building the locking hubs wasn’t to hard. The wheelsmith wheels have a 4 1/4” center bore, so I found some 4.25” short center caps. And some 72 ford locking hub knobs. Then drilled out the center caps and put a large O-ring on the backside to hold them in place. And then put 6 flat Allen head screws in with lock nuts on the other side. Then just had some vinyl graphics made that said lock and free.

Thanks much ... I have a new project now!

Sponsored

Andyp

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Amazing build. Really like the fenders and flares.

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bronco ranger

Introducing the all new 50th Anniversary Bronco Ranger. I decided to celebrate the first Bronco ranger that came out in 1973. On the outside it comes with the KBD fenders color matched, and the full Ranger stripe kit, and antique white compliments. The wheels are thewheelsmith.net 17x8 30mm offset smoothies. That sport the faux custom locking front hubs, (which can actually turn from lock to free) with Micky Thompson Baja Boss 255/85/17. Rough Country 2” level kit. For the inside I did the Katskins two tone leather in mahogany and black tooled accents. With matching mahogany dash, center console, and door panel pieces. I was trying to keep it close to the classic look of the original Ranger( minus the uncut fenders) while still maintaining the new style of the 6g.

Fantastic!!

Any thought to making the F O R D on the grill silver, not red?

Photographer should have swung the rear gate a bit more closed, to match the old photo. Looks like you matched other details, like the angle of the front wheels for instance.

Where did you get the Ford locking hub pieces?! I love that look, because many years ago my brother and I performed the "automatic locking hub" function on our dad's old 1977 F-250 Ford Ranger. I've turned those locking hubs many times (but not in the last 45 years or so)!
Sponsored