Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

So Ford offers the BRapter edition that is designed for high speed desert running and is pretty darn good at rock crawling.

I think Ford should offer an edition designed for rock crawling and mountain trail running while decent at the desert running.

Desert running requires articulation and the Brapter takes the Bronco to the next level with that long arm suspension and fox coil overs.

Rock crawling and mountain trail running require more clearance, it is performed a slower speeds. Articulation is important but clearance is more important.

Since most Bronco Editions are named after a geographic location I propose this new edition be named the Boulder Mountain Edition.

Besides... Ford already released a rendering of this one back in 2020...

CORRECTION: Ford wasn't responsible for that render. That was the work of Brian. He created the renders for the John Bronco Sells Heritage Edition thread. His work was recognized by Ford's engineers as they contacted him personally wondering how his renders were so accurate before the actual release of the Heritage Edition

And that is the rendering I fell in love with.....

Ford Bronco The new Boulder Mountain Edition Build .... (prototype) here-s-john-bronco-virtually-announcing-the-2021-ford-bronco-heritage-edition_3

So the real thing next to a raptor....

Ford Bronco The new Boulder Mountain Edition Build .... (prototype) bronco vs raptor cro

and next to some Broncos....

Ford Bronco The new Boulder Mountain Edition Build .... (prototype) Bronco next to broncos on lot

Price should be about the same as the BRaptor (at least this one was priced about the same).
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
5GENIDN

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

They did, it's called the Badlands.
I respectfully disagree.... the Badlands is the Rock Crawling and trail running version of the Wild Track.....

This is the Rock Crawling and trail running version of the Raptor.

Sponsored
OP
OP
5GENIDN

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I read all 63? Of the portals pages even though I knew nothing about them. Congrats on the baddest Bronco on the planet! 🍻
No... There are several with portals.... AND the Raptor is better at Desert running..... The ultimate would be the DR.... This is just trying to take that next step on the mountain side vs the desert side.

OP
OP
5GENIDN

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I respectfully disagree.... the Badlands is the Rock Crawling and trail running version of the Wild Track.....

This is the Rock Crawling and trail running version of the Raptor.
Of the Wildtrak???? The Wildtrak when introduced offered nothing mechanical, or protection wise over the Base trim.

OP
OP
5GENIDN

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Of the Wildtrak???? The Wildtrak when introduced offered nothing mechanical, or protection wise over the Base trim.
It does today. HOSS 3 steering and suspension.

Sponsored
OP
OP
5GENIDN

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Today, every Sas Bronco,(and non-sas Badlands) has the same steering.
True. But not the same suspension..... Look at the build list. The Wildtrack seems to be oriented toward the desert trail running. The Badlands seems to be oriented to the rock crawling and mountain trail running. Do you disagree with that? I am not saying for a second that one is better than the other. They just seem to have a different build that is oriented toward different purposes.... Then there is the BRaptor.... When I look at the build sheet it looks to me that is more oriented to Dessert running. I have just been thinking if I spent the same money as I would on a BRaptor how could I make a version more oriented to the mountains.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Besides... Ford already released a rendering of this one back in 2020...

Ford Bronco The new Boulder Mountain Edition Build .... (prototype) arrested-development-stair-car

Incorrect. Ford wasn't responsible for that render. That was the work of Brian, a personal friend. He created the renders for the John Bronco Sells Heritage Edition thread. His work was recognized by Ford's engineers as they contacted him personally wondering how his renders were so accurate before the actual release of the Heritage Edition (note the date on his thread and know that he was working on them for a few months before). :cool:

I'm sure Brian would be happy to know that his work was part of your inspiration. But you need to understand the history behind the work.

Nickhick

Black Diamond
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 xtr, vw passat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No... There are several with portals.... AND the Raptor is better at Desert running..... The ultimate would be the DR.... This is just trying to take that next step on the mountain side vs the desert side.
Yours is the only Bronco, regular old bronco, that I have seen transformed into a Frankenstein Bronco. If there's more monsters out there man would I love to see them. Again, freaking beautiful rig.

OP
OP
5GENIDN

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Incorrect. Ford wasn't responsible for that render. That was the work of Brian, a personal friend. He created the renders for the John Bronco Sells Heritage Edition thread. His work was recognized by Ford's engineers as they contacted him personally wondering how his renders were so accurate before the actual release of the Heritage Edition (note the date on his thread and know that he was working on them for a few months before). :cool:

I'm sure Brian would be happy to know that his work was part of your inspiration. But you need to understand the history behind the work.
Thank you I did not know that.... That is the rendering I fell in love with. That rendering is what convinced me I had to get a Bronco. (I wanted one anyway but that just made it imperative).

That has been my muse.

Really cool that you know him.

OP
OP
5GENIDN

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Yours is the only Bronco, regular old bronco, that I have seen transformed into a Frankenstein Bronco. If there's more monsters out there man would I love to see them. Again, freaking beautiful rig.
Thank you Nick... but if you check the 74weld portal thread you will find several people with portals now.... and there are a couple taller than this one. There are pics on that thread... It is fairly long because it took quite a while from the time they were first offered until they shipped. I think I ordered first week of August and just got them on and running about a week ago. long way to say... it is a long thread. I think first pics start about page 30 or 31....
Sponsored