Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks for sharing! What is the lift and wheel/tire details?
Sponsored

OP
OP
5GENIDN

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Thanks for sharing! What is the lift and wheel/tire details?
2-1/2 inch coil overs.....

the portals raise the axles 3.88 inch.

40x13.5 Nitto trail grapplers.

No real rub so far.... did ever so slightly catch the edge of the front capable bumper while in reverse with a slight flex and turning.... Easy trim.... Still need to cycle and check everywhere but it has been sitting in the garage as I have been driving my daily to work and it has been raining pretty constantly while in the high 30s and low 40s for the highs...

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade ESV, Cherokee 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Curious, did you have to recalibrate speed with Forscan after the portal install?

OP
OP
5GENIDN

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Curious, did you have to recalibrate speed with Forscan after the portal install?
Speedo is off a little bit right now but not drastically... May 2 or 3 MPH at 35 to 40.... Have my ProCal tune on order.

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So Ford offers the BRapter edition that is designed for high speed desert running and is pretty darn good at rock crawling.

I think Ford should offer an edition designed for rock crawling and mountain trail running while decent at the desert running.

Desert running requires articulation and the Brapter takes the Bronco to the next level with that long arm suspension and fox coil overs.

Rock crawling and mountain trail running require more clearance, it is performed a slower speeds. Articulation is important but clearance is more important.

Since most Bronco Editions are named after a geographic location I propose this new edition be named the Boulder Mountain Edition.

Besides... Ford already released a rendering of this one back in 2020...

CORRECTION: Ford wasn't responsible for that render. That was the work of Brian. He created the renders for the John Bronco Sells Heritage Edition thread. His work was recognized by Ford's engineers as they contacted him personally wondering how his renders were so accurate before the actual release of the Heritage Edition

And that is the rendering I fell in love with.....

here-s-john-bronco-virtually-announcing-the-2021-ford-bronco-heritage-edition_3.jpg

So the real thing next to a raptor....

bronco vs raptor crop.jpg

and next to some Broncos....

Bronco next to broncos on lot..jpg

Price should be about the same as the BRaptor (at least this one was priced about the same).
I am going with 74 Weld portals as well, only because I have spend already $10k in my ICON Stage 8 suspension and ran all the electrical through out the cab/frame. However, there is a bigger and badder setup then portals (imho)... APG Pro Runner!!! This is better than getting a BRaptor for Dessert running and its better than a Badlands on Portals.

Sponsored
OP
OP
5GENIDN

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I am going with 74 Weld portals as well, only because I have spend already $10k in my ICON Stage 8 suspension and ran all the electrical through out the cab/frame. However, there is a bigger and badder setup then portals (imho)... APG Pro Runner!!! This is better than getting a BRaptor for Dessert running and its better than a Badlands on Portals.
Got to admit those are really really nice! You look at the specs and they are a phenomenal build. And yes I think I would choose that over the raptor.... If they were even close to the same price. I think they are significantly more money though. They are still a long arm suspension. They are built with high speed desert running as the target. Portals give me more clearance. My purpose is different than what that build is for.

Last edited:

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Got to admit those are really really nice! You look at the specs and they are a phenomenal build. And yes I think I would choose that over the raptor.... If they were even close to the same price. I think they are significantly more money though. They are still a long arm suspension. They are built with high speed desert running as the target. Portals give me more clearance. My purpose is different than what that build if for.
$20k vs. 50k DIY installation so yeah, big difference in price. I am not in need of a dessert runner my ride is setup for overlanding so lots of weight. Portals will be great for me as well as it takes away the strain on the drivetrain through the gearbox reduction. Still drooling over APG's design though :).

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yes, he did. It is important to note the timeline. Render work started a few months before the John Bronco thread which was still months before Ford would make any public announcement. We wanted to get out ahead of Ford. Original timeline was for the Heritage to be released before the Everglades. But when problems arose with the modular HT, Everglades was bumped up to MY'22.5 with the Heritage being delayed again.

Also, a little history, the blue in the renders wasn't Robin Egg Blue. Looks very close especially with the sepia filter that he applied to give it a vintage vibe to correlate with John Bronco himself, but the color was Brittany Blue as a thank you to me. He actually had the two colors as Yellowstone and Race Red.

I already paid Brian for work to deliver a Red Roadster.

Sema_bronco_comp_V5.jpg
My desktop is the actual photo of that barn, with fencing, and the Tetons in the background. My daughter's study area is a little south and west of that section of the range. Nice render.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bigger and badder when running the desert maybe, but in the rocks on a regular basis, portals I think are more economical (right?) and ultimately a better fit when crawling or reducing risk. For high speed desert perhaps, but let's be real, the only downside on the portals is the reduced gas mileage. What we need is a bigger tank. But I digress. I would love an APG Midrunner but I'd settle for portals and a D60 for 1/4th the cost.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My desktop is the actual photo of that barn, with fencing, and the Tetons in the background. My daughter's study area is a little south and west of that section of the range. Nice render.
Then you also know the challenges that Brian had to fit the Bronco on the foot bridge. That bridge is not large enough to hold the Bronco. The render was done as a gift. She loves the Tetons, red Broncos, and roadsters.

Sponsored

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

would love it if someone did Bronco specific chrome side trim to fit within that body recess just like the rendering.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

There’s a Bronco on portals just down the road from me. (not 74weld though) One of Bronco Buster’s.
I agree with your idea. We don’t have many places here in tx with high speed trails. More slow technical rock crawling that need high clearance and the jeeps are inherently better for that.
Ford Bronco The new Boulder Mountain Edition Build .... (prototype) 1000013862
I read BB broke those portals... and now he's got a partner to help him build his fancy block of metal tie rod brace Band-Aid for other vehicles makes and models. You know that way he can convince folks that don't know any better to buy his junk

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I read BB broke those portals... and now he's got a partner to help him build his fancy block of metal tie rod brace Band-Aid for other vehicles makes and models. You know that way he can convince folks that don't know any better to buy his junk
I don’t know anything about that other than our friend’s son had it in his shop a few weeks back, possibly rebuilding those portals. They took 2 Broncos out to California last week. Pic above taken out there.