Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Word is
I thought you could modify the order until March 19?
Word is that you can change your order up until a VIN is assigned. If you're involved with a dealer that has no integrity or is ignorant it could be a problem...

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold šŸ˜„), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was going to upgrade to the black diamond , thatā€™s when they informed me Iā€™d get a new #, so it depends on rather or not you want to wait longer
They're either misinformed or just plain lazy. They can change without you canceling your order. I'd call Ford directly and tell them what's going on.

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I canā€™t speak on moving an order but I can tell you once the order is placed you canā€™t make any changes on the order but must cancel order and have a new one issued which puts you further back in line, because itā€™s a new order, You may want to check to be sure you keep your original reservation # or youā€™ll be waiting a long time, I had to pay a $100 reservation fee and then a $1000 non refundable deposit. I told them from the beginning I wanted the Rubber mats instead of carpet, they couldnā€™t figure out how to get rubber, after the order was placed I found out on this web site rubber comes with the black diamond, I got the big bend, so now I canā€™t have rubber without upgrading, but I donā€™t want to start over, so Iā€™m just screwed. So beware of changes.
You can make changes to the order up until its scheduled for build.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I canā€™t speak on moving an order but I can tell you once the order is placed you canā€™t make any changes on the order but must cancel order and have a new one issued which puts you further back in line, because itā€™s a new order, You may want to check to be sure you keep your original reservation # or youā€™ll be waiting a long time...
This is not correct. Although not recommend, you can make changes to your order right up until Ford issues you a VIN. And it does not require you to place a new order not do you lose your spot in line.

To the OP, tldr all your post but there is a a 50+ page thread on how to re-instate a reservation that was converted by a dealership without permission.

Sponsored
OP
OP
harperrb

harperrb

Wildtrak
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is not correct. Although not recommend, you can make changes to your order right up until Ford issues you a VIN. And it does not require you to place a new order not do you lose your spot in line.

To the OP, tldr all your post but there is a a 50+ page thread on how to re-instate a reservation that was converted by a dealership without permission.
Thanks, I followed it and I talked to ford. The question is more on the timeline since we're running into march 19. Ford couldn't tell me a timeframe. I'm wondering what others experienced and I didn't see time-frames in that thread. Thanks for the note,

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Can any one speak to how long it took to move an order that the dealership put in without your knowledge?

I feel like I'm in a pinch, I didn't see how long these issues take to resolve in the search, wondering what potential outlook looks like.

So bit of a back story here (otherwise skip to the bottom):

I like to support local businesses. I have a car I bought and currently service a local JCD dealership. When the new Bronco was announced I was smitten. July 14, when the reservations opened I was one of those many hitting refresh on the website.

Anyways, I chose my local ford dealership by the same name as my JCD dealership. When we got closer to ordering, I did enough research to understand pricing and that I wasn't be screwed over (msrp + $500 non refundable), but I didn't reach or try to move my order to "The Best" deal in the east coast of the US.

After waiting through the intial orders opening up to hopefully miss the bugs in the system between the B&P and the part numbers, I committed to putting in my order at the beginning March.

Fast forward to this Monday. I called to schedule a visit to the dealership with the lead new-car salesman (my regular contact). "He is no longer with us"

Oh man.

So I confirmed the process with the next guy who replaced him. The non refundable fee is now $2500.

??? Oh man.

Well, I knew what to do. I retreated to the Bronco6g forum here, researched this awesome site for East coast dealerships. Found great reviews and called up a lead. They'll be happy to take my res, just need to call Ford and ask them to move it. Sure thing.

After introductions, the Ford guy asks if I knew the previous dealership had already put in my order?

Oh man. I had already read the stories here about those issues. But I had never received a notification or anything about my order going in. But sure enough, I went to my ford account and yes, Feb 9 the order was made for the original reservation.

Ford guy tells me, So because my OG dealership made my order without my consent, the they can move me, but they can't guarantee any timeline, otherwise I'll be notified when it happens.

"But surely by March 19th, right?"
"I can't predict a timeline"

Oh man.

So now I am in wait mode. The good news is that I've settled 99% of my selections. But I can't put my order in until I get moved, or I'm stuck with this crazy $2500 fee, or I ask to delay for a '22.

Long story short:
I went w local guys who lost the manager I was working with, got stuck with an outrageous fee - just to find out they put in my order in February so now Im not sure I can move the res by March 19 and I just want to order my Bronco.

Can any one speak to how long it took to move an order that the dealership put in without your knowledge?

Thanks for listening,

{Edit: corrected the order date}
Don't have to deal with this myself. But as retired LEO I might handle it this way...

Tell the dealer that they have committed Identity Theft by ordering a vehicle in your name without your permission and to change your order back to a reservation...

They have also committed theft by converting your $100 deposit to their own use.

This goes beyond typical low rent dealer tactics, it is criminal in nature.

Have people locked up.

Would love to see this happen and go across the dealer jungle telegraph as a cautionary tale...

Last edited:

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks, I followed it and I talked to ford. The question is more on the timeline since we're running into march 19. Ford couldn't tell me a timeframe. I'm wondering what others experienced and I didn't see time-frames in that thread. Thanks for the note,
I am dealing with the same situation and talked to Ford earlier this week to begin the process. Rep stated a couple of times that they are aware that the 3/19 deadline is fast approaching and they plan to get it fixed by then. Some in that thread said it took a couple weeks to get done but that could be because they had a big back log. Bid you haven't already, call Ford in the morning.

Sharky1951

Big Bend
First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Discovery,viper, Mitsubishi 3000Gt,87 Benz 560sl
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford changed the Bronco FAQ on their website. You now have to cancel your existing reservation and create a new one with the dealer you're switching too.

Here's what the website now says:
Can customers update their dealer selection for their reservation?
To change dealers after their reservation has already been made, customers will have to cancel their existing reservation and create another with the correct dealer.

This is what it used to say:
Can Customers update their dealer selection for their reservation?
Customers can reach out to Ford Customer Support for assistance should they need to change dealers.

https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/2021/reservation-information/#here_is_how_it_works);

Sharky1951

Big Bend
First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Discovery,viper, Mitsubishi 3000Gt,87 Benz 560sl
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You can make changes when placing order but not after order has been submitted

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU, BMW 535xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I feel like I'm in a pinch, I didn't see how long these issues take to resolve in the search, wondering what potential outlook looks like.

So bit of a back story here (otherwise skip to the bottom):

I like to support local businesses. I have a car I bought and currently service a local JCD dealership. When the new Bronco was announced I was smitten. July 14, when the reservations opened I was one of those many hitting refresh on the website.

Anyways, I chose my local ford dealership by the same name as my JCD dealership. When we got closer to ordering, I did enough research to understand pricing and that I wasn't be screwed over (msrp + $500 non refundable), but I didn't reach or try to move my order to "The Best" deal in the east coast of the US.

After waiting through the intial orders opening up to hopefully miss the bugs in the system between the B&P and the part numbers, I committed to putting in my order at the beginning March.

Fast forward to this Monday. I called to schedule a visit to the dealership with the lead new-car salesman (my regular contact). "He is no longer with us"

Oh man.

So I confirmed the process with the next guy who replaced him. The non refundable fee is now $2500.

??? Oh man.

Well, I knew what to do. I retreated to the Bronco6g forum here, researched this awesome site for East coast dealerships. Found great reviews and called up a lead. They'll be happy to take my res, just need to call Ford and ask them to move it. Sure thing.

After introductions, the Ford guy asks if I knew the previous dealership had already put in my order?

Oh man. I had already read the stories here about those issues. But I had never received a notification or anything about my order going in. But sure enough, I went to my ford account and yes, Feb 9 the order was made for the original reservation.

Ford guy tells me, So because my OG dealership made my order without my consent, the they can move me, but they can't guarantee any timeline, otherwise I'll be notified when it happens.

"But surely by March 19th, right?"
"I can't predict a timeline"

Oh man.

So now I am in wait mode. The good news is that I've settled 99% of my selections. But I can't put my order in until I get moved, or I'm stuck with this crazy $2500 fee, or I ask to delay for a '22.

Long story short:
I went w local guys who lost the manager I was working with, got stuck with an outrageous fee - just to find out they put in my order in February so now Im not sure I can move the res by March 19 and I just want to order my Bronco.

Thanks for listening,

{Edit: corrected the order date
Yeah I followed this from start. But I didn't see a timeline, which is why I asked again. Because I'm concerned if it can't get resolved in three weeks. Thanks for the note.
harperrb - I had a similar experience where my dealer in Denver converted my reservation to an order without my knowledge or consent. I learned about the conversion when I called the 1-800 number to switch dealers to Granger. The original dealer said it was "inadvertent error." Yea right. Anyway, I think I first called around 1/25. After a letter and 6-7 calls to the 1-800 number that were worthless as I could get out of the representatives were "they are working on it - try back in a week," I finally received a call from Ford today. They had me get a new reservation, switched my early timestamp to the new reservation and then I'll cancel my original reservation/order. Up until today's call I was getting real nervous that this was not going to get resolved by 3/19.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
harperrb - I had a similar experience where my dealer in Denver converted my reservation to an order without my knowledge or consent. I learned about the conversion when I called the 1-800 number to switch dealers to Granger. The original dealer said it was "inadvertent error." Yea right. Anyway, I think I first called around 1/25. After a letter and 6-7 calls to the 1-800 number that were worthless as I could get out of the representatives were "they are working on it - try back in a week," I finally received a call from Ford today. They had me get a new reservation, switched my early timestamp to the new reservation and then I'll cancel my original reservation/order. Up until today's call I was getting real nervous that this was not going to get resolved by 3/19.
Sad that Ford had to create a work around to subvert the criminal dealers...

Nellman

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford changed the Bronco FAQ on their website. You now have to cancel your existing reservation and create a new one with the dealer you're switching too.

Here's what the website now says:
Can customers update their dealer selection for their reservation?
To change dealers after their reservation has already been made, customers will have to cancel their existing reservation and create another with the correct dealer.

This is what it used to say:
Can Customers update their dealer selection for their reservation?
Customers can reach out to Ford Customer Support for assistance should they need to change dealers.

https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/2021/reservation-information/#here_is_how_it_works);
This is only part of what was the instructions from Ford. The rest is contact Ford with both old and new registration and they will take the new reservation number and change the timestamp to the original reservation number and spot in line.

Again this is one of the instructions that was put out from Ford. The way most people are doing it is calling Ford having the order switched back to a reservation then moving the reservation.

You can make changes when placing order but not after order has been submitted
You can make changes until VIN creation. There are several members here who have already changed their original submitted order. A few have done it multiple times.

Hate to break it to you but your dealer is feeding you a line. If your dealer allows you can change your order every hour until Ford provides you a VIN. If your dealer is doing this to you. You probably still have time to try and switch dealers. Look at some of the threads here from the Dealers. They have provided us a lot of information that is beneficial. There are to many dealers like this unfortunately.

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is only part of what was the instructions from Ford. The rest is contact Ford with both old and new registration and they will take the new reservation number and change the timestamp to the original reservation number and spot in line.

Again this is one of the instructions that was put out from Ford. The way most people are doing it is calling Ford having the order switched back to a reservation then moving the reservation.

You can make changes until VIN creation. There are several members here who have already changed their original submitted order. A few have done it multiple times.

Hate to break it to you but your dealer is feeding you a line. If your dealer allows you can change your order every hour until Ford provides you a VIN. If your dealer is doing this to you. You probably still have time to try and switch dealers. Look at some of the threads here from the Dealers. They have provided us a lot of information that is beneficial. There are to many dealers like this unfortunately.
I'm actually changing my order right now...unfortunately. Moving up from BD to BL. 12" screen here I come!

Nellman

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@harperrb

Hope you get this done before the deadline. Like @PSUTE said it sucks Ford had to create this process. Best of luck for you and your reservation. Let us know how this goes.
Sponsored