Sponsored

The Perch Collar Lift Counters Lower Stance Caused by Added Weight on the Ford Bronco

Wild Horses 4x4

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wildhorses4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
1976 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Ford Bronco excels in various off-road situations. However, when modifications such as bumpers, winches, spare tires, and high lifts are added, maintaining the desired ride height and levelness becomes a consideration. The perch collar lift offers a practical solution, effectively restoring the Bronco to its stock height while accommodating the added weight of accessories.

*Owner of a 2-Door Badlands Ford Bronco equipped with the Sasquatch package*
Jim’s 2 cents from a Recent forum:

Starting with the Bronco's stock suspension, I gradually made modifications throughout the first year of ownership. Adding bumpers and a winch increased the functionality of my vehicle, but it also presented some challenges that needed to be addressed.
Typically, I didn't run the spare tire, which resulted in the rear end sitting slightly higher than the front. While it was manageable, the imbalance left me longing for a level appearance. On occasions when I did install the spare tire and a high lift, the Bronco achieved the desired leveled stance. However, it came at a cost—noticeably lower ride height of around 1 to 1 1/2 inches all around.

Realizing the need to counter the lower stance caused by the added weight of the bumpers, winch, spare tire, and high lift, I decided to find a suitable solution. After some consideration, I determined that the perch collar lift would be the best choice, especially for my Sasquatch-equipped Bronco, over a spacer lift.

Thanks to the perch collar lift installation, I have successfully restored my Bronco to its stock height, seamlessly compensating for the added weight of the bumpers, winch, spare tire, and high lift. This modification has not only addressed the lower stance issue but also ensured a balanced and leveled appearance.

Ford Bronco The Perch Collar Lift Counters Lower Stance Caused by Added Weight on the Ford Bronco TRAIL-SERIES-GUARDIAN-FRONT-BUMPER4
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah, I'm probably going to have to go this route as well but would rather put in heaver springs so I get the better ride.

Are the perch collars matched to the increase in ride height? Meaning if I install a 1-in perch collar, will my Bronco be lifted by 1 in?

OP
OP
Wild Horses 4x4

Wild Horses 4x4

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wildhorses4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
1976 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, I'm probably going to have to go this route as well but would rather put in heaver springs so I get the better ride.

Are the perch collars matched to the increase in ride height? Meaning if I install a 1-in perch collar, will my Bronco be lifted by 1 in?
It depends on how much weight you're trying to lift. Because the perch collars add pre-load to the spring, sometimes the lift can vary vehicle to vehicle depending on other modifications the owner has done. Or are you asking if installing the perch collar on all 4 corners will lift the vehicle equally?

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It depends on how much weight you're trying to lift. Because the perch collars add pre-load to the spring, sometimes the lift can vary vehicle to vehicle depending on other modifications the owner has done. Or are you asking if installing the perch collar on all 4 corners will lift the vehicle equally?
Thanks for the info... No I was just asking per collar. If I wanted to lift my front end 1.5" sounds like a 1.5" Perch may NOT do it.
Sponsored