Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am very interested in switching my reservation (made about a week after the first day) to Stephens from my local dealer. Stephens is fairly close to NC. Plus they are offering a much better deal and potentially quicker on a delivery too than a dealer that isn't as "involved". However, after a couple weeks hiatus from the forum, I have spent a couple of hours trying to figure out the latest. I am confused how long I have before my current dealer is locked in which will prevent me from switching. Last I was on here it was October. Will they announce an actual date? I just saw a post it could be Jan..... Maybe I just need to go ahead and jump ship. Any advice is appreciated.
Sponsored

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I am very interested in switching my reservation (made about a week after the first day) to Stephens from my local dealer. Stephens is fairly close to NC. Plus they are offering a much better deal and potentially quicker on a delivery too than a dealer that isn't as "involved". However, after a couple weeks hiatus from the forum, I have spent a couple of hours trying to figure out the latest. I am confused how long I have before my current dealer is locked in which will prevent me from switching. Last I was on here it was October. Will they announce an actual date? I just saw a post it could be Jan..... Maybe I just need to go ahead and jump ship. Any advice is appreciated.
October 31 is the deadline to switch dealers. That's unless Ford decides to change the date, as they've been known to do that, Lol

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We are going to place orders in the reservation timestamp order, HOWEVER, and I've done a lot of thinking about this, a lot of that will depend on the customers to make sure they B&P then order, otherwise, there's no way for us to input the information. So, that being said, that takes us to another issue, still partially dependent upon the above.

Let's say that the first 30 (I used this analogy today with a customer on the phone) reservations we have as customers, immediately place their order in the same order as the timestamps and we follow up, get the orders confirmed (unlikely, but this hypothetically speaking). Ok, now, let's skip a few and say the 40th timestamp places their order, then 31, 32, then 45. By order placement, 1-30, 40, 31, 32, 45 would be the first 34 in-line. That's not in timestamp order, that's in order-placement order.

So, my thoughts are, it would fall back to Ford to rearrange the deliveries/builds, based on the timestamps, after a certain date. Say Ford sets a deadline of Jan 14th (arbitrary and strictly hypothetical) to be the last day that orders can be placed in order to maintain positions in the build/delivery based on timestamps. So that would mean, regardless of what order the orders are received, the folks with reserves making their orders prior to Jan 14 would be guaranteed timestamp order by Ford.

The above two scenarios are possible, neither of which do we as a dealership have any real control over.

The only thing I can guarantee is, and this is STRAIGHT FROM OUR DEALER PRINCIPLE (OWNER): We will not be "picking and choosing" which orders are to be fulfilled first. We're going to do everything in our power to try and maintain the original timestamp order, which is to say, we'll not be putting one reservation in front of the other because of "friends and family" or profit potential. We know how much these vehicles mean to this community.

All of the above being said, please be patient with us when the orders are placed. We'll be swamped with orders and answering questions, there's only a select few of us at the dealership that will be handling your Bronco orders, so bear with us when the time comes to get the info to you about your new ride.

/john
Well stated John!

mikeheel

Wildtrak
First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lovelikehateblog.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Azure Gray Wildtrak, BWM K1600B, Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just asking a couple of dumb questions b/c the offer language created a question in my head. I've skimmed most of the thread but didn't see them addressed directly:

1. The offer says a 1k discount to those "with current reservations." Does that mean a new reservation through Stephens does not qualify?
1b. If I need an existing reservation elsewhere, does it matter when I make that as long as it exists prior to switching to Stephens? (I do not have a current reservation, as you may guess)
2. For the X Plan, if I join the Mustang Club now, I believe I have to wait 3 months for the PIN. Can I still get the discount for that, too?

I had been looking hard at the Granger 2k offer beginning tomorrow. But Stephens is a day trip for me instead of a major road trip. That has some value, even if you guys don't decide to match the 2k from Granger. I'd pay more to buy through you, but the net difference wouldn't be 1k b/c I'd have to factor in gas and lodging for Granger. Based on your comments through the thread, can I safely presume you're not planning to move to 2k?

Thanks,
Mike

Last edited:

Sponsored

PatientlyWaiting

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’ve been scanning the the various threads between Granger and Stephens the past few days and am seriously considering switching to one.

You just answered one of my major questions about entering off reservation time stamp.

The biggest thing that has me on the fence is the thing about allocation or allotment, whatever it’s called. I currently have a day one reservation at a dealership in the ATL market. I reserved day one because I wanted to be one the first to have one. Also I’ve had the same car for 12 years now and I’m over it.

My fear is that if I switch to Stephens I may get my bronco months later than if I stuck with the ATL dealer. Is that a possibility or do you guys know that you will get Broncos around the same time as the big metro dealers?

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy ZR2 Bison, JK Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

2. For the X Plan, if I join the Mustang Club now, I believe I have to wait 3 months for the PIN. Can I still get the discount for that, too?
You can generate the PIN immediately after joining but it's not necessary to do that at this point. There is a 60 day wait for you to get your Mustang Club Membership card. You will need to present both at the time you pick up your vehicle and pay for it according to the official plan guidelines.

You will need to tell the dealer that you have Xplan at the time you do your order so they can put Xplan pricing on the price sheet. Some dealers may want proof of your Xplan eligibility at that point so you could give them your PIN and/or membership card at that time I suppose.

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy ZR2 Bison, JK Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’ve been scanning the the various threads between Granger and Stephens the past few days and am seriously considering switching to one.

You just answered one of my major questions about entering off reservation time stamp.

The biggest thing that has me on the fence is the thing about allocation or allotment, whatever it’s called. I currently have a day one reservation at a dealership in the ATL market. I reserved day one because I wanted to be one the first to have one. Also I’ve had the same car for 12 years now and I’m over it.

My fear is that if I switch to Stephens I may get my bronco months later than if I stuck with the ATL dealer. Is that a possibility or do you guys know that you will get Broncos around the same time as the big metro dealers?
I would imagine Day 1 reservations are safe at Granger/Stephens, but we really have no idea. You have to ask yourself how much is it worth to you to take that risk in switching. If I had a Day 1, I would switch to Stephens if for no other reason to support their dealership. Worst case scenario I imagine is you are bumped into their next month of allocations.

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would imagine Day 1 reservations are safe at Granger/Stephens, but we really have no idea. You have to ask yourself how much is it worth to you to take that risk in switching. If I had a Day 1, I would switch to Stephens if for no other reason to support their dealership. Worst case scenario I imagine is you are bumped into their next month of allocations.
I agree no one knows. Not even the dealers, even if they say otherwise.

My .02 is that all day one's should be ok. If you are day one, you'll be first allocation wherever you are.

OP
OP
StephensAutoCenter

StephensAutoCenter

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Everything Ford, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Ram
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ford has stated the allocation will be fair across the board (with a hint from some of our readers) that the more reservations made, the higher the allocation.

/john

Sponsored
OP
OP
StephensAutoCenter

StephensAutoCenter

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Everything Ford, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Ram
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Just asking a couple of dumb questions b/c the offer language created a question in my head. I've skimmed most of the thread but didn't see them addressed directly:

1. The offer says a 1k discount to those "with current reservations." Does that mean a new reservation through Stephens does not qualify?
1b. If I need an existing reservation elsewhere, does it matter when I make that as long as it exists prior to switching to Stephens? (I do not have a current reservation, as you may guess)

I had been looking hard at the Granger 2k offer beginning tomorrow. But Stephens is a day trip for me instead of a major road trip. That has some value, even if you guys don't decide to match the 2k from Granger. I'd pay more to buy through you, but the net difference wouldn't be 1k b/c I'd have to factor in gas and lodging for Granger. Based on your comments through the thread, can I safely presume you're not planning to move to 2k?

Thanks,
Mike

Our offer is for all of those that have reserved and will reserve through Oct 31. If you make a new reservation, you can select "Stephens Auto Center" as your dealer, or another dealer and then switch to us. Either way, you get our deal.

We are not going to be offering the $2k below invoice as far as I know.

/john

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Our offer is for all of those that have reserved and will reserve through Oct 31. If you make a new reservation, you can select "Stephens Auto Center" as your dealer, or another dealer and then switch to us. Either way, you get our deal.

We are not going to be offering the $2k below invoice as far as I know.

/john
With some info coming out on Dealer Installed Options / Accessories, it would be good to get a handle on how those will be priced when you can do that. It seems there will be some sort of X-Plan pricing on those dealer options that are ordered through the B&P...so if someone is buying from you and they have X-Plan, do they have access to that level of pricing? Any specific strategy on Accessory pricing yet?

(I really wish Ford hadn't included DIOs in the B&P...as it makes it way too easy for me to add stuff initially, rather than waiting a while)

DHC

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Stephens will hopefully be able to answer on your concern, but I just switched from Hennessy to Stephens as the price differential is looking at multiple thousands on an OBX w/ SAS, High.

And get an easy drive back to Atlanta w/ a stopover in Asheville.
Sponsored