Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Hey Richard,
when you get a chance to see Brad's rig give us a few clues on how they flattened the undercarriage for sliders. He mentioned using a cutting board type material to smooth it out allowing them to slide over the rocks. I think with the Sasquatch setup some frame mounted rock rails , shock protectors combined with a smooth belly while using some driving technique there will be few places I will want to go through but can't. :cool:

I agree that the 74Weld portal boxes are 🤑 & are not going to be within my builds reach but if they where ever around $8k for the complete setup :whistle: ;) I know keep dreaming :unsure:
Will do. Won't be until KOH 1st of Feb. Searching around I haven't been able to find any good pics underneath. It does have different rear shock mounts, on the D60 housing. I'm sure a few things will have been changed by the time they've run a few races in it now. Still want to see under the Broncos at the Off Roadeo next month. Will give some good idea of what needs to be done.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Will do. Won't be until KOH 1st of Feb. Searching around I haven't been able to find any good pics underneath. It does have different rear shock mounts, on the D60 housing. I'm sure a few things will have been changed by the time they've run a few races in it now. Still want to see under the Broncos at the Off Roadeo next month. Will give some good idea of what needs to be done.
Thanks & no hurry, I'm sure it will be before my Bronco Ships ;)

Shodax

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When you say go fast what do you mean? A lift kit is to allow bigger tires, which can help in more extreme terrain like really big mud or much bigger rocks. Go fast Baja style really doesn't require bigger tires, and so really doesn't require a bigger lift. BTW, I'm a KOH racer, and I own a shop, so I have a bit of experience with your question. I have raced both 4400 Unlimited and 4600 Stock class (and have a series championship).

Also, what is your goal for your Bronco and what is your budget? The Bronco as it comes, if you get SAS or if you get Badlands, already comes with internal position sensitive shocks, which are going to work very well in the go fast stuff. You'll see desert and KOH cars with bypass shocks, and that is essentially what the Bronco comes with in the SAS pkg and Badlands. It is possible to go down in shock capability by switching to a lift kit with different shocks. BTW, the Bronco comes with coilovers, which means a coil mounted over the shock, the coil is not mounted to the frame anywhere. So, just going to coilovers doesn't mean anything, it already has coilovers, and very well tuned ones at that. As an example, I won't get a Bronco without getting the position sensitive shocks, so either Badlands or SAS. I will go fast in that thing, and I don't plan to modify it at all, no need to. I will not do big rocks with it, since I already have a rock buggy to scratch that itch. So, I don't need bigger tires, and so don't need a taller lift.

Also, more lift raises the center of gravity, making the car not handle so well in the go fast stuff and less stable on the rougher trail stuff. Just enough lift to get the job done makes a better performing car. Same with tires, bigger tires raise the center of gravity so no point in getting them unless you want them to go over bigger and more extreme terrain. And bigger tires decrease braking force if you want to go fast, so again you need a good reason to go to bigger tires, it is not automatically a benefit. Well, unless you're a mall crawler, then bigger lift and bigger tires are always cool! 😁

Back to budget. And back to how fast you want to go, and for how long do you want to do it. Stock with the good shocks is going to be very capable to go fast. Now, how much faster do you want to go, and how much money are you willing to spend to do it. What to do, and what will be best to do, depends on your answer to those two questions.
Sounds like you know your stuff, so I got a quick question for ya... I have a 2021 Bronco Outer Banks (Non-Sas). I have the stock 18" wheels with upgraded NITTO P275/70R18. However, the stock suspension rides a bit stiffer than I was hoping it would, so I feel rail road tracks, larger bumps and dips in the roadway, a lot more than I thought I would. Coming from a 2010 Ford Mustang the ride height is a nice adjustment, but the ride itself is surprisingly stiff. I was hoping the stock suspension would eat up the roadway more than it does...

Would upgrading to the same Bilstein suspension found in the SAS remove the on-road stiffness I'm feeling? Or are those more geared to off-road capabilities? I'll definitely take my Bronco off road for some adventures but it's my daily driver so 90% drive time will be done on-road. I'm going to try lowering my PSI a bit, but I doubt that will fully solve the issue I'm experiencing. So any recommendations would be appreciated.
Sponsored

Last edited: