First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang, 2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The car originally had a misaligned alignment when it left the factory, which led me to take it to the dealership. However, despite bringing it back to them twice, the steering wheel is now pulling in the opposite direction from before, and the issue remains unresolved.

Even though the alignment sheet they provided shows everything is within acceptable limits ("green"), the problem persists as the steering wheel continues to pull to the left. Considering this situation, I am considering taking the car to a private alignment shop for a second opinion and potential resolution.

I'm currently located in Denver, CO, and I would appreciate any recommendations on where to find a reliable private alignment shop in this area.

Ford Bronco Dealership can't get the alignment right IMG_4548

I picked up my Bronco on the 4th of July and it only has 500 miles on it so far.
Sponsored

Last edited:

gwp

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson FLTRUSE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The car originally had a misaligned alignment when it left the factory, which led me to take it to the dealership. However, despite bringing it back to them twice, the steering wheel is now pulling in the opposite direction from before, and the issue remains unresolved.

Even though the alignment sheet they provided shows everything is within acceptable limits ("green"), the problem persists as the steering wheel continues to pull to the left. Considering this situation, I am considering taking the car to a private alignment shop for a second opinion and potential resolution.

I'm currently located in Denver, CO, and I would appreciate any recommendations on where to find a reliable private alignment shop in this area.

Ford Bronco Dealership can't get the alignment right IMG_4548
Your pic still shows misalignment. I trust it’s the “before” pic? What does the after alignment show?

If you have pull while in correct alignment, I would suspect another issue. Tire, brakes, driveline, steering box. Another shop won’t help much. Rotate tires to see if there is an issue with one on the front.

I’d raise hell with the current dealer and or Ford, or try another dealer who can find the real issue.

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Tried taking mine into a local Ford dealer after my first lift and I kid you not when I got the report afterward showing it was still out of camber they looked me square in the face and said “it’s not adjustable”… I’d go anywhere but a Ford dealer for that kind of easy service

OP
OP
Min_Ahn

Min_Ahn

Badlands
First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your pic still shows misalignment. I trust it’s the “before” pic? What does the after alignment show?

If you have pull while in correct alignment, I would suspect another issue. Tire, brakes, driveline, steering box. Another shop won’t help much. Rotate tires to see if there is an issue with one on the front.

I’d raise hell with the current dealer and or Ford, or try another dealer who can find the real issue.
Bottom pic is the current spec apparently but the steering wheel is still not centered. When it's going straight, the steering wheel is tilted to the left, and when I center it, the car moves to the right. The dealership balanced all 5 wheels and rotated them too.

OP
OP
Min_Ahn

Min_Ahn

Badlands
First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tried taking mine into a local Ford dealer after my first lift and I kid you not when I got the report afterward showing it was still out of camber they looked me square in the face and said “it’s not adjustable”… I’d go anywhere but a Ford dealer for that kind of easy service
Any places that you can recommend? There's like discount tires, pepboys, brake plus, etc. available near me but I'm not sure if they're any better than the dealership lol

Sponsored

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Tech doesn't know how to align a vehicle apparently. Go elsewhere or keep going back.

gwp

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson FLTRUSE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bottom pic is the current spec apparently but the steering wheel is still not centered. When it's going straight, the steering wheel is tilted to the left, and when I center it, the car moves to the right. The dealership balanced all 5 wheels and rotated them too.
Wow. New dealer.

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When doing alignments, it's important for the tech to have the steering wheel locked in at 0 degrees before making any adjustments underneath. This is what happens when you don't do that.

swmetal

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C8 vette
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is the Bronco pulling to the left if you let go of the steering wheel or is it just that the steering wheel is off center when driving straight? Those are two very different issues.

If the Bronco drives straight with hands off the wheel but the steering wheel is just off center, then its simply a matter of them making sure the steering wheel is straight up when setting the alignment.

OP
OP
Min_Ahn

Min_Ahn

Badlands
First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When doing alignments, it's important for the tech to have the steering wheel locked in at 0 degrees before making any adjustments underneath. This is what happens when you don't do that.
The work was performed by a so-called 'master technician,' but I won't be going back to that dealership, haha. Trying to figure out where I should go though.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Min_Ahn

Min_Ahn

Badlands
First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is the Bronco pulling to the left if you let go of the steering wheel or is it just that the steering wheel is off center when driving straight? Those are two very different issues.

If the Bronco drives straight with hands off the wheel but the steering wheel is just off center, then its simply a matter of them making sure the steering wheel is straight up when setting the alignment.
When I let go of the steering wheel, it goes straight, but the steering wheel is tilted to the left.
When I center the steering wheel, the car goes to the right.

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Looks like you are in Denver. If you don't get a specific recommendation, just Google "tire alignment shop" for your area and go to one with high reviews. Agree with @swmetal , if the Bronco drives true when you are not touching the steering wheel, you are technically in alignment...it is just a cosmetic adjustment for the steering wheel.

Hdscreens

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve had two Fords in which Ford dealers screwed up the steering wheel center. First vehicle they were able to correct and 2nd vehicle they weren’t.

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Is this a DIYable job? or do I still need to take it to the shop?
Unfortunately no. Old days before electronic steering yes. Since it is driving straight, but the steering wheel is off, I would just take back and let them know they forgot to re-center the steering wheel as part of the alignment process. If they want to charge to fix what they should have done in the first place, I would take elsewhere.
Centering the steering wheel as part of the process is unfortunately becoming a lost art for some reason.
Sponsored