First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang, 2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
let them know they forgot to re-center the steering wheel as part of the alignment process
Unfortunately this is the result after bringing the car back to them not once but twice and I don't think the third time will be a charm lol. Crazy how the tech took it for multiple test drives and still didn't feel anything being off. He's probably got some sort of labyrinth issue.
Sponsored

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Does he have a large "western style" wallet he keeps in his back pocket? That may cause a lean when sitting down in the seat so from his point of view it is straight. :)

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Bronco Dealership can't get the alignment right IMG_1677

Does this resemble the tech doing your alignment?

Baja Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco, 20 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would suggest taking it to one of the better 4x4 off road shops you have there in or around Denver. Check reviews, especially for alignments. There’s a place here in Tucson I take both my Raptor and Bronco. They do incredible work, especially with oversized 37s or above tires. I never take mine to the dealer for an alignment.

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's a friggin crap shoot.

Different vehicle -- Last time I went in, a tire shop didn't center the steering wheel but later a dealership got it dead nuts. Before that, the dealership majorly over torqued and damaged the lug nuts/studs, which is why I went to the tire shop.

Sponsored

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
When I let go of the steering wheel, it goes straight, but the steering wheel is tilted to the left.
When I center the steering wheel, the car goes to the right.
That is not a pulling problem then. The wheel isn't centered when aligned, or they got lazy and made all the adjustment to one side.

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Unfortunately no. Old days before electronic steering yes. Since it is driving straight, but the steering wheel is off, I would just take back and let them know they forgot to re-center the steering wheel as part of the alignment process. If they want to charge to fix what they should have done in the first place, I would take elsewhere.
Centering the steering wheel as part of the process is unfortunately becoming a lost art for some reason.
I had more problem in the old days. I used to be up front saying if the wheel isn't centered, I wouldn't sign off on the work. Prior to that it would always be off (this was the 80s and 90s). I have had so few problems since that I fell out of this habit. The newest vehicle, till my recent Broncos was a 2002 which seems to have held its alignment very well.

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
@Min_Ahn 4Wheel Parts has a few locations in the Denver metro area and specialize in 4x4s, lift kits, installation, etc so alignments after modifications are their forté so would think they could help out. Also, if you’re new to Colorado do know that they crown roadways around here for drainage especially during snow season and that can certainly effect the wheel centering while driving.

BadlandsA51

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux Pkg, 72 Ranchero GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, it’s not pulling, the steering wheel just needs to be centered. Tell them that next time you take it in. Pulling means that the truck will drift one direction or the other when you let go of the steering wheel, it’s not doing that. So the alignment is good, tech just didn’t have the steering wheel centered properly when he set the toe-in. Good alignment techs will drive the vehicle before and after to make sure they know what the concern is and whether or not they got it fixed. That should happen for sure if it’s the second or third time around.

Gassyjack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With a porto-power all alignments are possible.
Take it to a shop whose main job is tires and alignment.

Sponsored

RimrockPaul

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
The work was performed by a so-called 'master technician,' but I won't be going back to that dealership, haha. Trying to figure out where I should go though.
Years ago I did alignments and like it was said.....you use a gadget like I had that held the steering wheel at about 4 and 8 o'clock and a spring loaded rod went to floorboard to hold wheel straight ahead. Then you can adjust toe in. I also had a big drive across toe in tool...made by Bear that worked great.
This was in about 1971.
Paul

BadlandsA51

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Years ago I did alignments and like it was said.....you use a gadget like I had that held the steering wheel at about 4 and 8 o'clock and a spring loaded rod went to floorboard to hold wheel straight ahead. Then you can adjust toe in. I also had a big drive across toe in tool...made by Bear that worked great.
This was in about 1971.
Paul
Those drive-over machines work great to measure total toe, but they can’t see whether or not the steering wheel is centered.

BadlandsA51

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Those drive-over machines work great to measure total toe, but they can’t see whether or not the steering wheel is centered.

El Diablo

Badlands
First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tesla Model 3 and 2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's correct so I actually insist on being on the drivers seat in the vehicle when the tech sets the locking rod to make sure the steering wheel is centered to my satisfaction before they perform the alignment.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unfortunately no. Old days before electronic steering yes. Since it is driving straight, but the steering wheel is off, I would just take back and let them know they forgot to re-center the steering wheel as part of the alignment process. If they want to charge to fix what they should have done in the first place, I would take elsewhere.
Centering the steering wheel as part of the process is unfortunately becoming a lost art for some reason.
Well, and with 500 miles, it should be done under warranty - Why waste your time and effort, plus potentially making things worse too?

I'd go to literally any other Ford dealership in your area to get this resolved.
Sponsored