Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hoping someone can shed some light on my alignment issues. Apologies in advance for the long read, but I was trying to capture all the alignment issues and modifications, to help diagnose the problem.

I have a '23 Badlands Sasquatch with 35" Nittos, 17" +35 offset Method wheels, a core 4x4 adjustable track bar, a Broncbuster bushing, housing and brace kit (I did all this work myself, except for tire mounting).

I then had my local 4x4 shop add Eibach Protruck springs on my OEM Bilstein shocks, along with Zone UCA's. After the shop did this work, they aligned my truck. However, I later noticed that the steering wheel was off center to the right. It seemed to track straight, but the wheel was not centered.

I then took my Bronco to a Ford Dealership and they aligned it. Everything seemed fine, but a few days later, the wheel was now off center to the left. I then added Borne Off-Road 1.20" spacers (need these bc of tire rub on UCA) and I brought my Bronco back in to the dealer, they corrected the alignment, and it was almost dead center.

Next I added Core 4x4 rear lower control arms and centered my Bronco's rear end with the track bar. Everything was dead straight and center for about a week. However, it is now tracking straight, but the steering wheel is once again off center to the right.

I have not suffered any big drops, bumps or potholes to speak of. Mostly highway miles, with a handful of off road trips thrown in.

I am at a loss of what could be causing this. Any ideas? Should I do a DIY toe alignment with the tie rods to re-center my wheel and call it good? Or get used to the fact that I am driving an off road vehicle and get over my OCD about the steering wheel?
Sponsored

SS Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco , F600, F5, LJ20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When they do the alignment is it off or is only the wheel not centered? If it is only the wheel. Check where your steering shaft connects to the rack, the collar could be loose allowing it move. I believe it’s 8 or 10 millimeters bolt a real pain to get to.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ideally the final alignment should of been completed after your final rear trac bar adjustment you mention. As mentioned above...my guess is that the shop didn't get the steering shaft back to it's original position after the UCA was installed. The splines on the shaft are very small so one click off will affect the steering wheel center. It's an easy fix, just a PITA to get to the shaft coupling bolt.
Sponsored