William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bmw m440i gc,2022 BD 2dr, 1966 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m waiting for some funds to get the gear but I went ahead and ordered the kicker key because they seem to be disappearing.

I plan on doing the bi-amp method and just running fronts on the amp.

still undecided on the kick panel speakers but they will be dedicated woofers.
Infinity reference dash
Maybe an under seat sub if the kick woofers don’t do it.

today I pulled the panels and tried to section off the “box” with foam and sound deadening.

It did actually improve the sound of the stock poopies, not much, but it’s definitely a little punchier.
Ford Bronco The start of decrapifying our sound system 735905FC-AFC9-4B8E-B518-BE2FFB72D01A
Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Will you be doing anything different than the half-dozen other threads on using the Kicker Key amp and mild speaker upgrades? Or just following the established playbook?

Nothing wrong with following a viable and vetted path, just determining if this thread is worth following.

bradcd

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice! I just got some Polyfil today to stuff my sub enclosure this weekend. Good to hear it really does improve things. I may stuff the others.

OP
OP
Billnchristy

Billnchristy

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Will you be doing anything different than the half-dozen other threads on using the Kicker Key amp and mild speaker upgrades? Or just following the established playbook?

Nothing wrong with following a viable and vetted path, just determining if this thread is worth following.
I am doing kick panel dedicated woofers and either the cookie cutter dash coax or I might build a 2 way network now that metra has a panel for 2.5 and tweet

OP
OP
Billnchristy

Billnchristy

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Man, I’m looking for off the wall stuff. Planars, horn loaded wave guides, etc….it’s not looking good for being unique atm

Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Kicker Key amp has a biamp option with built in crossovers. Might work well using the 4” coax in the dash and just woofers in the kick panel. I’m looking at just doing some component speakers with the tweeter in the factory dash location.

OP
OP
Billnchristy

Billnchristy

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

http://www.metraonline.com/news-post/438

As far as bi amping, yeah that’s my plan. If I can find an exotic option, I’ll do it. My background:

metra installer institute grad 1994 & certified installer. We designed and built the first band pass 8w6 enclosure. JL originally said no way and when we built it and sent them the specs they gave me full warranty.

my 66 mustang technically had a 248w stereo but thanks to my 1/4 ohm mono sub, we had more like 700w and hit 133db a weighted.

Worked at Kens car tunes in Pensacola Fl. We had a Chevy beretta that hit 158db in 1995.

Joined the navy and didn’t do shit for 10 years.

I’ve designed and built tube amps and pre amps for home, built my own speakers and of course build subs.

I am definitely out of the loop on some things but probably have some forgotten knowledge too.
Sponsored