Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco - Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just unloaded our JK and picked up a fully optioned out Wildtrak right before the holidays!

Pulled off the Jeep and sorting ways to be fitted to the build:
7 BajaDesigns LP9s
ARB Dual Compressor
Warn VR Evo 12S
Rhino Rack Batwing 270 awning
Ikamper Mini
Max Traxx
Various Front Runner/Blue Ridge Overland bits
ARB 60L Elements Fridge

Sorted a way to mount the Baja roof light bar with 5 LP9s but will need to have a tinker with how to run the wires to the aux switch.
2 Amber LP9s may go to the wife's Tacoma build as the modular bumper is not thick enough to properly mount them

If anyone has roof bars they don't want please hit me up this one did not have that option. Also on the hunt for a winch bracket and the Warn team wont sell me just the mount.

ARB compressor may get mounted up in the rear storage area or similar to JK I will mount under the hood and run a line to the bumper.

The awning, recovery boards, and tent are on standby until I sort a solution for the Roof Rack..

The fridge is awaiting the drop slide from Alucab and the potential addition of GG plate or the Ford option drawers.

Supply chain issues are slowing the swap to BFG KM3s and Black Rhino Wheels but that will happen at some point.

Funding guns and issues with mounting a winch to the modular bumper has put a hold on the Baja Fogkit as I'm not sure if I still stay with this bumper or see if I can get CBI to do something with these.

Overall after coming from a Jeep I am very impressed with how this thing functions on the road with 35s under it. Additionally its a total caddy on the inside and has tons of space that is more than welcomed. The economy is playing a role but aftermarket support catch up as deliveries happen needs to happen a bit IMO!

Our old Jeep that took us all across Europe and into Turkey, along with its Build Thread:
Ford Bronco The Tents+Tread Bronco Adventure sFzE9BD

Ford Bronco The Tents+Tread Bronco Adventure qeVjGVC

Photos from the drive; Just had our first child so looking like mid-Jan until our first real test of it!
Ford Bronco The Tents+Tread Bronco Adventure 8qF0bLB

Ford Bronco The Tents+Tread Bronco Adventure 1xpYrnr

Ford Bronco The Tents+Tread Bronco Adventure WZ65iCq

Ford Bronco The Tents+Tread Bronco Adventure 9ILREaq

Freelance Adventure photographer with lots of experience in publications and working directly with marketing teams at various companies like ARB-Front Runner-Black Rhino etc. If you have something you need dimensions for or photos of let's have a chat I often am open to working simply for parts!
Sponsored

Last edited:

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 BaseSAS / ‘21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Beautiful photographs!

OP
OP
Tents+Tread

Tents+Tread

Wildtrak
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Bronco The Tents+Tread Bronco Adventure A1DDB136-AD3F-4EE9-AE8B-223715686BB1

Mounting the old Jeep lights

Baja has a mount for light bars you can order direct. I use a KC bar to fit the lights though soif you have a KC bar you will need to drill the mounts atiny bit wider to fit KC figment bolts
Ford Bronco The Tents+Tread Bronco Adventure 77CEC9C4-4A47-47A5-8E52-C14D859032FB

They are 1/4 from Baja, they need to be 5/16 for KC bolt fitment. Easy fix!

gtx_bronc

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just unloaded our JK and picked up a fully optioned out Wildtrak right before the holidays!

Pulled off the Jeep and sorting ways to be fitted to the build:
7 BajaDesigns LP9s
ARB Dual Compressor
Warn VR Evo 12S
Rhino Rack Batwing 270 awning
Ikamper Mini
Max Traxx
Various Front Runner/Blue Ridge Overland bits
ARB 60L Elements Fridge

Sorted a way to mount the Baja roof light bar with 5 LP9s but will need to have a tinker with how to run the wires to the aux switch.
2 Amber LP9s may go to the wife's Tacoma build as the modular bumper is not thick enough to properly mount them

If anyone has roof bars they don't want please hit me up this one did not have that option. Also on the hunt for a winch bracket and the Warn team wont sell me just the mount.

ARB compressor may get mounted up in the rear storage area or similar to JK I will mount under the hood and run a line to the bumper.

The awning, recovery boards, and tent are on standby until I sort a solution for the Roof Rack..

The fridge is awaiting the drop slide from Alucab and the potential addition of GG plate or the Ford option drawers.

Supply chain issues are slowing the swap to BFG KM3s and Black Rhino Wheels but that will happen at some point.

Funding guns and issues with mounting a winch to the modular bumper has put a hold on the Baja Fogkit as I'm not sure if I still stay with this bumper or see if I can get CBI to do something with these.

Overall after coming from a Jeep I am very impressed with how this thing functions on the road with 35s under it. Additionally its a total caddy on the inside and has tons of space that is more than welcomed. The economy is playing a role but aftermarket support catch up as deliveries happen needs to happen a bit IMO!

Our old Jeep that took us all across Europe and into Turkey, along with its Build Thread:
Ford Bronco The Tents+Tread Bronco Adventure 77CEC9C4-4A47-47A5-8E52-C14D859032FB

Photos from the drive; Just had our first child so looking like mid-Jan until our first real test of it!

Freelance Adventure photographer with lots of experience in publications and working directly with marketing teams at various companies like ARB-Front Runner-Black Rhino etc. If you have something you need dimensions for or photos of let's have a chat I often am open to working simply for parts!
2021 Ford Bronco Winch Plate — Bronco Bastards i found this the other day, no idea if it will work with the mod bumper but worth calling about

Sponsored

Sassy BD

Black Diamond
First Name
DD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Grand Wagoneer, 16 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Following...

OP
OP
Tents+Tread

Tents+Tread

Wildtrak
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nabbed a set of drawers from a forum member thanks @heelyeah and got them installed even with a nasty drive down I95 in that storm. Overall they will work but still pretty displeased that this is our offer direct from ford. It just plops in the back would like to have seen it FIT into the rear no gaps etc. Additionally, it's easy to strip the bolts installing the cargo tie-downs to the top (3/8 stripped for me). Interior is a decent space and you can adjust/customize but overall 5/10, happy I didn't pay retail but am chatting with Tuffy about a MkII so we will see what comes of that. If nothing I will CAD up a top for it to flush it to the OEM plastics.
edEqaIF.jpg

Baja Designs mounts fitted. My setup is a KC crossbar with 5 LP9s (2 driving combo, 2 spots, one hyper spot) mounted to it, and then that mounted to the Baja windshield mounts. Mount from Baja is very robust and offers a lot of adjustabilities so can recommend it.
Install on that was pretty easy don't expect much trouble if you are looking at mounting a light above.
A7n5YiD.jpg

LI3CgH9.jpg

toEpwH5.jpg

K96rrhh.jpg

Snow shots! Bronco handled it like it didn't even exist. Very impressed with how it performed in over a foot of fresh powder with some ice under it.
sjGpTgU.jpg

8j0ADwY.jpg

OP
OP
Tents+Tread

Tents+Tread

Wildtrak
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

TGihcAk.jpg

TlEn4vr.jpg

Got out to Davis with some friends, probably 14-18" on the ground there with 3-5" of that being fresh and the bronco didn't have any issues for anyone wondering about snow performance.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tents+Tread

Tents+Tread

Wildtrak
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Bronco The Tents+Tread Bronco Adventure DSC08926-Pano
success.

Although I will say don't run anything over 20A on the stock one that comes up to the windshield and also.. kinda dumb they ran it to passenger and not driver considering where the battery is.

I ran a 10G negative from the lights and grounded it up on the roll bar, ran the other 10G for positive and a 16G for the backlights down through the weather seal into cabin above driver then down the pillar behind the airbag and down to the floor than through the "plug" ford leaves in the firewall for you and over to a 70A relay. switch from relay connected to switch 6 and then fused power line from 30 side of relay to battery. backlight 16G ran to a random switch until I can figure out how to tap into the DRL as I cant find out what line or where the lines are to tap.

built my first harness for this project as both quotes to do it came out over $1000 for comparison this took me roughly 8hrs and cost 300$ in materials but I have leftover material so a shop who already had it on hand you're looking at 200 in parts.

Ford Bronco The Tents+Tread Bronco Adventure DSC08879

GMRS is next , due in the next few weeks, going to stubby the FM/AM antenna this week, as well as install the Ghost antenna and the American Adventure Labs molle panels for the doors.
Unitl next time ladies and gents!

@4x4TruckLEDs.com if you have any insite on how to tap the DRLs a few of us are all ears

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tents+Tread

Tents+Tread

Wildtrak
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@SVCOFFROAD trying to get one of your bumpers with room for two LP9s flanking a VR 12S winch.

IG manager for yall seemed to think it was possible but never got back with a time window and a cost. If you can do it lets have a chat, can get you guys some more product photos pronto!

WonkyBronky

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wildtrak, '20 Raptor, Porsches, track cars
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nice build so far. Good to get some insights for those us us still waiting for delivery!

Those roof lights look dumb and oversize, but surely the extra light is a plus in really dark places.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's some pretty cool photography OP. They look like RC cars, especially the pics in the snow.
Sponsored