Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Please help me understand where I am off? I am basing this from information I am seeing on the Maverick Truck forum. In particular commodity issues. As a customer with an order (that was botched by the dealer, BTW), I would like nothing more than to be wrong.
There's nothing wrong with the Maverick launch. It's just whining people haven't been scheduled yet, but they've only scheduled a month of retail production so far. The hybrid engine was never going to be first off the line, Van Dyke had to get retooled to build the drivetrain whereas Ford has been cranking out the 2.0 drivetrain for years..

I think production starting in the second half of October onwards will see a significant shift towards hybrid dominant production.

So many cry babies on the Maverick forums upset Ford didn't build their order first.
Sponsored

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, the new consensus is that, after all of the whining about “just ship my Bronco” or “just give me my build date” or all the other hurry, hurry, hurry… they should have waited longer to get everything sorted out? Only asking.

My order is at 99 for various reasons, one of which is patience… something I’ve seen very little of on here, so I’m trying figure out where all of this new found patience has come from.

Bulletbill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I guess in the end, all of you who consistently tell us that if we are not satisfied to move on and buy something else, you should be careful what you wish for.

You love Ford, we get it…really, we get it. But, by Fords own estimate, 70% of Bronco reservations were people who previously never owned a Ford.

This is there first experience with the company, which is what Ford does not want to F-up.

But what Ford has seen, and apparently you are blind to, is they know they they messed up. They are desperately trying to keep the first time Ford buyers happy, not you.

You think they are sending all the swag because they are doing a good job? The Bronco should be swag enough. It’s because they are desperately trying to hold onto those first time Ford buyers.

Anyway, if I was a true jerk, or Mopar fan boy, I would be right there with you, encouraging people to walk away. But I want the Bronco to succeed because I think it’s a great concept.

But hey, keep telling people to walk. Your doing the competitions job for them.

Last edited:

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You're right in that there aren't 100's of flaws. But the flaws that do exist are as plain as the nose on your face....stuff that jumps out in a 10-minute walk around. Seems like the top issues had to be known when all the pre-pros were out & about in 2020.

Reality is...once there's blood in the water, lots of blame gets tossed around and some of it might be undeserved. But Ford had 6 years and a big building full of staff in Dearborn to pull this off, and they face-planted.
I can't, and won't bother, to follow every rumor down the rabbit hole, so I'm not sure what people knew or when they knew it. What I/we know today, there are problems with the tops. These problems are severe enough that every single top will be replaced. Ford has agreed to replace every single top. Production was halted so no more unsatisfactory tops were put into service. Some concessions have been made by Ford to improve customer satisfaction (this will be enough for some people and not enough for others).

Do I wish that production was on schedule and the tops had zero issues? hell yeah. Am I glad that Ford has taken responsibility for the top and is rectifying the situation, both going backwards and forwards? Hell yeah.

As a reasonable consumer, this is what I should expect.

You have to decide if this is enough. If you decide to stay, then your complaining is on you, not Ford. Every one of us can make a decision to stay, or go. If you stay, you are staying based on the variables you know today, not based on what you want the variables to be or what you thought they were 14 months ago.

Nobody is making you wait in line until 2022...there is a path out at any time.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You think they are sending all the swag because they are doing a good job?
I've just about concluded Ford must hold ping-pong ball lotteries to see who gets emails, swag...or even Broncos.

Inconsistency is the foundation for their aura of total incompetence

Sponsored

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I guess in the end, all of you who consistently tell us that if we are not satisfied to move on and buy something else, you should be careful what you wish for.

You love Ford, we get it…really, we get it. But, by Fords own estimate, 70% of Bronco reservations were people who previously never owned a Ford.

This is there first experience with the company, which is what Ford does not want to F-up.

But what Ford has seen, and apparently you are blind to, is they know they they messed up. They are desperately trying to keep the first time Ford buyers happy, not you.

You think they are sending all the swag because they are doing a good job? The Bronco should be swag enough. It’s because they are desperately trying to hold onto those first time Ford buyers.

Anyway, if I was a true jerk, or Mopar fan boy, I would be right there with you, encouraging people to walk away. But I want the Bronco to succeed because I think it’s a great concept.

You are creating a straw man argument. Reasonable people can hold more than one thought at a time.
I believe Ford screwed up.
I believe they are working hard to fix this.
I believe this is worth me waiting.
I also believe that if you are unhappy, you have a choice to make...stay or go.
If you choose to stay, knowing the wait is longer, that is your decision. Own it.

Ford is working to fix their part, but as a consumer, you need to own your part as well.

Bitching is just an unbecoming trait.

Last edited:

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you decide to stay, then your complaining is on you, not Ford.
If my complaining bothers you, just ignore me like my wife does.

BTW, I'm a 7/15 build planted on dirt mountain - not a '22.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ahh, there’s the Ford Fan boys, running in to tell everyone that what they are feeling is wrong, that Ford is the greatest, and that the Bronco rollout was the greatest of all time, especially under the circumstances…

Lol, I’m sorry you were forced to watch that drivel. Ford should have them censored./s
But seriously, what are the qualifications of these two mokes to have any credibility regarding what they are whining about, where I should use my time listening to them? I didn't hear anything that wasn't obvious and no more insightful than what is whined about on B6G. Are either of these gents in the auto industry, or are they any type of large corporation executive that has to run part of a major manufacturing company?

Gee, looking back now 18-months into the hit of a global pandemic, that has affected the entire global supply chain, Ford shouldn't have released the Bronco. LOL, what insight! Ford just should have waited until the pandemic passed to launch the Bronco. Keep in mind its a virus that mutates and the "science" has been all over the place on top of being politicized to the point no one really knows how to deal with it. There are real people dealing with real problems related to a seriously complex development and manufacturing process that is very hard to get "perfect" without the complexities of a global pandemic influencing the outcome. What a joke.

For the few people on this Forum who actually know how hard developing and manufacturing are automobile is, and who understand the basis for some of the business decisions made, we see the Bronco launch as mostly successful. I'm actually impressed with Ford considering the circumstances ,while as a customer being somewhat disappointed on a personal level that my Bronco delivery is delayed.

Bulletbill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

You are creating a straw man argument. Reasonable people can hold more than one thought at a time.
I believe Ford screwed up.
I believe they are working hard to fix this.
I believe this is worth me waiting.
I also believe that if you are unhappy, you have a choice to make...stay or go.
If you choose to stay, knowing the wait is longer, that is your decision. Own it.

Ford is working to fix their part, but as a consumer, you need to own your part as well.

Bitching is just an unbecoming trait.
No, I’m referring to all of you, who have stated on multiple occasions when there is a complaint against Ford, that we should buy something else. A quick search of your posts will confirm my statement. Nothing straw-man about it.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No, I’m referring to all of you, who have stated on multiple occasions when there is a complaint against Ford, that we should buy something else. A quick search of your posts will confirm my statement. Nothing straw-man about it.
I'll suggest that people who offer no constructive solutions and just bitch about the situation, their posts are boring and useless.

Sponsored

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If my complaining bothers you, just ignore me like my wife does.

BTW, I'm a 7/15 build planted on dirt mountain - not a '22.
You have agency. You choose to use that agency to wait in line for a Bronco with an indefinite delivery date. If you choose to wait in a line with no clear end date, that decision is on YOU as much as it is on Ford.

I just don't get all the bitching and whining over a decision you control, and a process you choose to participate in.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'll suggest that people who offer no constructive solutions and just bitch about the situation,
I'm confused....are you talking about Ford talking about Webasto?

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
What I don't get is why rush it if you're not ready? That was a misstep high up the chain. Time is money, of course, but why not officially give a doubly long launch while privately aiming for half that time and look like the good guy? Always under promise and over deliver. I have no reason to know anything about this situation more than anyone else here though it reeks of poor supervision of department heads / management. I could be wrong.
Unfortunately Ford took a boatload of early reservations. Which has been an albatross around Ford's neck in terms of delays.

With a more traditional launch, Ford could have more easily had delays. Customers would have been itching for the Bronco to arrive, but there would not have been 100k+ reservationists and early order customers b*tching and mo*ning and going on endlessly about their "reservation time stamps". And Ford having to throw trinkets and stuff - trying to sooth those folks.

Imho the early reservation scheme is one of the worst things about the Bronco launch, but it's apparently Ford's new M.O. as they are doing it with Maverick and F150 Lighting. And yes get ready for "reservation time stamp" part two with the F150 Lighting.

Bulletbill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'll suggest that people who offer no constructive solutions and just bitch about the situation, their posts are boring and useless.
You’re absolutely right, I mean you’re talking about yourself right?

Honestly, since I’m only a first night reservation holder, without a Bronco I shouldn’t be here anyway.

Enjoy continuing to alienate everyone.

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

I am a second time Ford Customer, 58 years old. My first Ford was the 2017 F-150 Platinum 4x4. This truck almost caused me to cancel my reservation for the Bronco. One, the could never keep the door locks from freezing, but learned to live with it, liked the rest of the truck. Then shortly after my Reservation in July the rear end in my truck made a noise. Had it towed to dealership.

My truck had 61,100 miles in it. Dealer tells me that the rear end failed, needs a new ring and pinion and such. Truck had max tow package but I never pulled more than 5500 pounds, 4 times, 10 miles each time, boat to ramp, boat home at end of season. I'm told repair is 5000 dollars. I said truck is only 1,100 out of warranty. This is my 8th new truck, first 8 went over 100,000 miles with out a failed rear end or repair over 1000 dollars.

After working with Ford customer service finally got them to agree to help, they would pay 4000. So dealer gets deeper in rear end repair is now 7500 dollars. Ford doesn't want to up their amount. After two week they go up to 6K, and I pay 1500. So due to Fords help I did not cancel my Bronco order.

Thinking I would have my 2 door Bad Lands by December I sold my truck end of June. Never really trusted it after the repair, plus got great money for it because of no new trucks available.

So now I get an e-mail my Bronco will be a MY 2022, and those start building in Dec 2021. Means realistically maybe April for my Bronco according to dealer. My guess is mid summer. So I am not sure what I will do. Had planned to go to Drummond Island for a week of wheeling with my Brothers June of 2022.

Very unhappy with the roll out. Even forgiving Ford for the MIC top, why is the 2.7 a constraint? they have been building it for years. Why is LUX a constraint? Why is tow a constraint? Why is Sasquatch a constraint? Seems like Ford did not plan this well at all. They have a lot more issues than the top.
Sponsored